Hasbro's Dovchenko

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Repainted, and ready for awesomeness...

IMGA0001.jpg

IMGA0008.jpg

IMGA0013.jpg

IMGA0014.jpg

I saw one left at my Kay-Bee toy stores 50% "going out of business" sale this weekend. I almost bought him. I may still go back for him since he's about $10.50. I could do something to customize him like you did. Nice work! :D

That's cool! I may drop by my Kay-Bee on the way to work just to see if that last one is still there. I "may" get it...maybe.

The body isnt bad at all, and the cloths are well made. Sculpt is decent....but its worth 10 bucks.

Yeah, I looked hard at the head sculpt the other day at Kay-Bee. I'll pass by there on the way to work and see if he's still there later on today.

How does he scale next to SSC Indy? I picked up the Cairo Swordsman on clearance and OMG he's puny next to Indy.

I didn't realize Hasbro were utilizing 2 sizes because the Cairo swordsmen isn't close.

They're the size of his head. The ants in the movie, were as big as someone's thumb. Big, but not massive.

hmm You are right.... I remember Spalko killed one with her knees while she was hanging from the tree. Hasbro what happened there hahhaha.

SAl

BUMP!

Not much activity on the Dovchenko front on these boards, so I'll post this here.

I did a simple upgrade of the nasty Hasbro belt and holster, by using Dragon in Dreams Rurik's pleather Soviet holster and metal pistol, and Montgomery's pleather British Sam Browne:

DSCN3764.jpg

I don't like the jointed hands, and tried to remove them using the boil and pop method. But to no avail. The wrist joint isn't very strong, and stretches rather than extracts from the arm. So I left them in.

BUMP!

Not much activity on the Dovchenko front on these boards, so I'll post this here.

I did a simple upgrade of the nasty Hasbro belt and holster, by using Dragon in Dreams Rurik's pleather Soviet holster and metal pistol, and Montgomery's pleather British Sam Browne:

DSCN3764.jpg

I don't like the jointed hands, and tried to remove them using the boil and pop method. But to no avail. The wrist joint isn't very strong, and stretches rather than extracts from the arm. So I left them in.

The hands are easy to remove if you dip the elbow, up to the wrist, into hot water. Problem with dipping straight is the wrist's peg is made from the same material so if it gets wet, you'll just tear up the hands. Personally, I'd just pop off the head, do a little hollowing out and pop him onto a Dragon body, or a TT via the small neck plug.

The hands are easy to remove if you dip the elbow, up to the wrist, into hot water. Problem with dipping straight is the wrist's peg is made from the same material so if it gets wet, you'll just tear up the hands. Personally, I'd just pop off the head, do a little hollowing out and pop him onto a Dragon body, or a TT via the small neck plug.

Thanks for that, nam.

So the elbows will pull out easily? I tried to pull the shins out to give him some more height, but they seemed to be plugged in very tightly.

I agree that the best option would be to put his head on a taller body, though I don't really like destroying my toys! I really like the sculpt on this one, and the body would be okay if I could pull the shins out, so he looks a little more menacing next to the other figures, and I could give him some normal hands.

A small addition: I made a brass cleaning rod for his Tokarev to slot into the loops on the holster. Also shows the height comparison with Medicom Indy.

DSCN3765.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for that, nam.

So the elbows will pull out easily? I tried to pull the shins out to give him some more height, but they seemed to be plugged in very tightly.

To remove the wrist pegs, you can dip the arm in hot water by bending the arm (like he's flexing his bicep) and starting at the elbow, sinking it up to just before the wrist but don't sink it past the wrist or you won't be able to get the hand off without damaging the wrist joint.

To remove the wrist pegs, you can dip the arm in hot water by bending the arm (like he's flexing his bicep) and starting at the elbow, sinking it up to just before the wrist but don't sink it past the wrist or you won't be able to get the hand off without damaging the wrist joint.

Thanks for that. I'll give it a try.

Back