LOST episode 2.3 *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutant Enemy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
-We meet Helen
-John confronts his father and doesn't say much
-Desmond remembers Jack
-the "numbers" computer gets shot
-it is counting down to something
-we get to watch a film "Dharma Station 3, the Swan" pretty much explains the hatch. Jack thinks its all a crock of poo, John believes.
-the film also says there was an "incident" early on at the swan, resulting in the numbers needing to be typed in every 108 minutes
-We meet Anna-Lucia also from flight 815
-Desmond runs off
-Hurly and Sayid go to the hatch and try to help fix the computer
-Anna-Lucia steals Sawyer's gun
-Jack seems to be going a little crazy IMO
-Hurley doesn't want the numbers to be keyed in the computer once it is fixed

and from the preview: JIN SPEAKS ENGLISH!!!!!

Last edited:
I wondered that too, why show it if it didn't have some significance. Maybe someone with Tivo can help us out with this.

Impressions *SPOILERS*

I don't think that was Jack's wife, but we'l lhave to wait for the TIVOs out there to proove it for us.

Anyway, my initial impressions/questions/concerns with yet another exciting episode: (BTW - all of this is spoilers for this episode, and I haven't read any of the leaks, etc)

- If it was me, I would have let the timer run out. heh
- Desmond is a great character - since he can't really leave the island, I hope we see more of him. He's obviously got a lot more to answer for...what the heck is in the vials (not covered in the video), etc.
- Sawyer getting hood-winked by the chick was a little unbelievable, as he's a career criminal. I'd think he'd have an eye out for those types of things.
- The reaction of 'The Others' to Sawyer, Mike and Jinn make me think they have encountered very bad people on the island...ie, Ethan-like folks.
- Has anyone else noticed that temptations that obstacles that have been conquered by specific characters are being brought back? Charlie and Heroine. Hurley and Food...probably nothing.
- I feel really bad for Locke...he obviously has had a rough ride...and we didn't even get to see how this part of the story ends.
- I do agree Jack seemed a little irrational in this episode. Is he getting 'sick?'

Anyway, those are my initial thoughts. God i love this show..:)

Great episode! :banana

I too would have let the counter run down to 0. The film said there would be psychology tests and I believe (just as Jack does) that this is probably one of the psychological experiments. Poor Jack needs to get some sleep though.

The film also mentioned the study of zootology which explains the polar bears.

My big questions are:

1. "The Hatch" is sector 3 of 6. Where are the other 5 sectors?

2. Where is Desmond running to. It's unlikely but maybe he was told where another sector is located.

3. The shark from the last episode had a logo on it's tail fin. Maybe the shark is a "security device" for another sector. Maybe an underwater sector.

4. The film said something to the extent of, "The computer must never be used to...(missing) ...Good luck with your task." What was missing?

5. When is SideShow going to get a "LOST" lisence? :D

Ex. Locke figure with "The Hatch Door" base.
Locke figure SS exclusive with removeable kidney. :naughty

And incase you guys haven't checked it out yet:

https://www.thehansofoundation.org/

Last edited:
My 2 cents:

No one mentioned that fact that Hurley gets to pig out next week!!!!!! :D

-K first on Michelle Rodrigues, never really proven that she really was from flight 815...

-But I noticed that the (sorry bad words but I forgot her name) black lady that we meet way back in the beginning of the first season who lost her husband is back next week, and I think that big black dude with the bat is her husband...?

-Doubt that Desmond knows of another place he said the world would end so there is no other place he could hide

-Swan mean anything????

-Shark is part of the Zooology thing, bet the bear had a tattoo on it like the shark

-Jin Speaking Perfect English!!!!!!!!!!!!?????????? WOW!!!!!

-WHY DON'T THEY EXPLORE THE WHOLE FREAKING ISLAND?????

-Vials are to help with the disease, Quarantine really for the outside???

Is is next Wednesday yet?????!!!!!!!!!!

Another classic episode in the LOST Saga...

I am in the camp that doesn't think Jack is going crazy (well.. relative craziness.. the kind that sets in after 40 days on an island) he is just really getting stressed with everything.

I think it is safe to say for Jack, faith is not just something he doesn't have much of. I think he lost it. And I think he lost it through his wife. We know they're not married anymore... perhaps she is dead and with it, his ability to believe in things that are not concrete.

Anna Lucia... wow. I just don't know what to say. We know she was in Sydney, so she was definitely on the flight. She knows the flight number. So my guess is that those with her are the survivors from the back of the plane. They too have seen some pretty F'd up ish and don't trust anyone. That's all I can think of.

BUT JIN?!?!? JIN?!?!?! What the hell? I just don't even know....

Also, I too would have let the countdown continue. After all "The button is bad" right?

If they are the back of the plane survivors, I was actually right about something!!!!!!
Thats what I predicted last week!!!!!

Another mystery of Lost..

Going back with TiVo... i'm trying to find the picture of Desmond with the woman, and i CAN'T!!! I've gone back four times and nothing! I've even let it play through all the scenes with Jack in the Hatch. Nothing. The picture is truly... Lost.

However, what struck me as odd was NOT who Desmond was in the picture with but WHERE they were. They were in Sydney. Jack met Desmond in LA. Now, seeing as how we was on a tour of the world, it isn't odd that he would be in Sydney, but seeing as how signifcant Sydney is to the story, it becomes odd. And also begs the question, what is the significance of Desmond being in Sydney? And why show us Sydney in that pic?

Thought it was kind of a place-holder episode, not much happened. And the thought that the whole thing could just be a B.F. Skinner type psychological experiment is a bit of a let down. Of course that can't be the whole thing....can it?

• Awwww poor wittle computer got shot...I hope they spend the WHOLE episode trying to fix it. Yippi! :banghead
  • Orientation film has a copy right of 1980...and the actual film looks like it was made yesterday...worst trying to look like a 1980 film EVER! :rolleyes:
  • Desmond goes running out onto the island. I guess he's hoping another sucker on a trip around the world will happen by the island.
  • Hurley found food...his weakness.
  • Had the obligatory 10 second countdown to DOOM and it stops right on 1 second (sooooooooooo Sci/fi oh and Galaxy Quest). :rolleyes:

Overall not as good of an episode as the last two but still worth a watch. Can't wait till next weeks!

I'd have to see the preview for next weeks episode again but the scene in which Jin is speaking English looks a little fuzzy so I'm thinking it might just be a dream or vision scene. Maybe.

And i found it (i SWEAR it wasn't there the first 5 times.. hehe)

Turns out, it may not be Sydney after all. It could easily be Wikiki Beach, or anywhere. White sky scrapers are in the beground, behind a little body of water that houses boats... vague

the woman is not blonde. Or at least, she doesn't appear so from the pic. I don't recognize her from the show at all.. but you never know.

Also, Dave brought this GREAT idea up.

So tonight, we saw Helen for the first time. But if you remember in "Walkabout" at the beginning of Season 1, we see Locke on the phone talking to a woman a named Helen on what is implied to be a sex hotline. After meeting Helen tonight.. doesn't seem like she is the type that would work for one. But she obviously does, right? Maybe not.

What if Helen is dead? Or at the very least no longer in Locke's life. Being the only person Locke had to talk to, maybe he is calling this sex line and wanting the woman to pretend to be Helen, just so he can feel like he is talking to her?!?!

What's interesting here is the fact that my theory is that Jack is no longer married to his wife because she is also dead. Or, again, at the very least he no longer has contact with her. What is great here, is both women provided their respective men with "A Leap of Faith." How great would it be if our two polar (hehe) opposites came to their current philosophies (Faith/Science) from the same starting point. Both men lost the women in their lives that enabled them to take a leap of faith, and they reacted to it compltely differently.

Thoughts?

I'm guessing Helen dies when both Helen and Locke are involved in a car accident. Would explain how Locke is paralyzed???

The Third Policeman

Here's a little something I found about "The Third Policeman", the book that was seen down in the hatch. I don't know if there's any relevance at all to the storyline. The story in the book doesn't seem to hold any clues (other than The Eternity, an underground factory), but the story behind how the book got published is pretty interesting.

https://www.litencyc.com/php/sworks.php?rec=true&UID=7924

re: Hanso Foundation

You found the Dharma Initiative on the list of Active Projects, right? It doesn't show up unless you move your cursor over it. It doesn't do anything if you pick it, or at least not here at work where I'm looking at it. It looks like it triggers a Java script or something, so I'll have to check it out at home.

jlcmsu said:
...Dam at somepoint people will get a life and leave my mistakes alone.

"Dam" should have been Damn and "somepoint" should have been "some point". :p ;) :D

PS. I don't watch LOST yet. I'll wait until the series is done and then get the DVDs. I just saw the last couple posts and wanted to have a little fun. Now please excuse me while I crawl back to the Buffy and Angel threads. :wave

Back