What Serenity collectibles would you want from SS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would really like a nice Giclee maybe some props also. And statues would be cool.

12 inch action figures!!

I mean come on!! it's a natural fit. Which ones? all of em of course.

Did I say statues?????????? :banghead

I MEAN 1/4 PREMIUM SERENITY FIGURES!!!! :banana :banana

DUSTY TALK TO THEM!!! I would get the whole crew in the 1/4 scale!

Last edited:
1/6th figures of the nine main characters would be nice. Maybe a Reaver or two. A nice representation of the ship sure would be super.

Gunwitch said:
1/6th figures of the nine main characters would be nice. Maybe a Reaver or two. A nice representation of the ship sure would be super.

Yup, that's exactly what I'd want too!! One of The Operative too!

I can't honestly say I'd buy every single crew member, not at $40-50 a pop, but I'd definitely get Mal, Jayne, Kaylee and River.

I could go for a giclee or signed print, as the ones done for Lord of the Rings are stunning. A statue of Serenity herself would be spectacular. I know I would also buy every one of the figures made from the show/movie. I think Sideshow would have great success with the nine main cast members, and a irradiated reaver or two would never hurt, but I think that Jubal Early from the show and the Operative are must-haves too. I know it is my fanatacism speaking, but this whole line seems like a no-brainer for Sideshow.

That would probably depend on how the rights issue went down... they can make the nine "crew" members with the rights to the film through Universal, who SS already has a working relationship with. Rights to characters who were on the show but not in the movie would have to be acquired through Fox.

I hope that Sideshow produced Firefly/Serenity figures could happen for both the film and tv versions. I know that Sideshow seems to have a decent relationship with Fox and Mutant Enemy with the Buffy license, and the Sideshow/Universal relationship is also pretty clearly a good working relationship. I think that either route would be great, but I know that I would like versions of the characters from both the film and the series (I know, I know... not everybody looked all that different). But as an example, River from the show could come with her shipping crate from the pilot episode (though now that I think about the logistics putting her figure into the box, it is creepy and sad on a lot of levels), and then River from the movie could come either in the outfit from the bank heist with her tank goggles, or the outfit from the end, complete with bloody hunga-munga and sword. Book has markedly different outfits and hairstyles, Simon could have the ss-inspired alliance uniform from the opening of the film, Zoe could have her dress from later in the film, and so on. I was surprised to see just how different the costumes were, even with only minor changes. Mal's jacket was different, Wash's jumpsuit was far spiffier. and Jayne, well, Jayne had sunglasses. :rolleyes:

Thanks alot Seaward! Now Im craving to see them in 1/6! Now I've got visions of the Serenity line and all the products! This had better happen! Or Im goin to go insane thinking of all the accessories, outfits everyone will come with :sick

Statue or woteva of the ship would ROCK!

I'll buy anything and everything that Sideshow makes, if they come out with a Serenity line.

I'd especially like to see a maquette of the ship (maybe an exclusive Reaver version?), and 1/4 scale versions of the crew. Not so interested in character statues of the side characters or bad guys. I'd also be totally fine if they had to stick with movie-only characters and dress due to licensing restrictions, if they exist.

The Sidehow staffers know are all well aware of my affinity for Firefly/Serenity, don't you worry. But I think you are definitely over-estimating the amount of pull I have around here, Viking28 :) Plus, if it doesn't do well at the box office, well.... Let's just say, I don't want to get your hopes up, but I also don't want to dash them into the dirt because, well, honestly like I always say - with Sideshow you just never know what the future holds (please don't shoot me :peace). Besides, I'm the wrong person to ask, as I am the LAST to know of any new stuff coming out - they're all afraid I'll let the cat out of the bag on the Freaks Board :p

In another post, a few of us were going over what would be ideal for Sideshow to produce if they to get the rights to produce figures for the TV series. I am of the opinion that Sideshow could easily produce two versions of the main figures, with changes in costume, minor sculpting differences, etc.. as a way to reduce the cost. I know I would never blame Sideshow of abusing the ability to reuse material from one figure in another (cough..Diamond...cough...toybiz...) but it is a legitimate way to reduce costs somewhat. I think that the Serenity line could involve some reuse. A good example would be the Spike/Vampire Spike from Buffy. The Vampire version has the same body, boots, t-shirt, jacket, and I think that the head sculpt is based off the human version. A lot of the same parts went into a brand new figure. This could be done with some of the Serenity characters as well. I know I have fallen for the dual versions of buffy figures in the past, and I would gladly fall for it again to get Serenity figures.
The two versions for each figure could be like these:
Spoilers below! :horror

Malcom Reynolds: Regular outfit: with Browncoat, Pistol, and the glowey clear lucite zip disk thingy
Malcolm Reynolds: Final battle version: bloodied up and torn up clothing, with the Operative's sword and a screwdriver
Book: okay, well just the one version, as he wasn't around a whole lot.
Jayne: Regular Version: From the beginning of the film with Vera, a harpoon, and grenades
Jayne: Exclusive version: From the end, with as many firearms as Sideshow sees fit to cram into a package.
Zoe: Regular Version: In her leather vest, with a gun, and bag of money from the trading post heist
Zoe: Exclusive version: In her white outfit from the end, with a tombstone for someone special.
Wash: Probably just the one version as well, but he would have to come with a few plastic dinosaurs (a toy that comes with toys, how meta)
River: Regular Version: In her dress from the end with the sword and hunga munga
River: Exclusive version: Escape Tam! Hospital gown, head probe thingy.
Simon: Regular version: comes with his doctoring kit
Simon: Exclusive version: Alliance uniform, all evil and slick looking, and the cane thing is a must
Kaylee: Regular Version: In her mechanics gear, complete with teddy bear patch on the overalls
Kaylee: Exclusive Version: from the end, with perforated neck (Hey, the exclusive PG buffy didn't come with much else changed either).
Inara: Regular version: From the rescue scene
Inara: Esclusive version: From the rebuilding scene, with the panel of the ship
that she is repainting!

As far as villians, I could say that two reavers, much like the slightly different gentleman figures would be awesome. The Operative is a must, and they could do an exclusive with his final outfit and escape pod.

I would also say that a Serenity statue is a must, and it could even light up like the X-men Diorama.

The three tombstones would be awesome, a prop replica of Mal's gun would be shiny, and I could go on and on. I have no problem with Sideshow spending thousands to develop this figures and all the effort to go into accessories for my benefit :naughty

Clearly things are a little slow for me at work, and I have been wanting Serenity toys for a while now!

But I think you are definitely over-estimating the amount of pull I have around here, Viking28

I was just fooling with that part Dusty! But fingers are crossed for some Firefly/Serenity items from SS.

Not to post and repost,
but is there anything we as fans can do on our end, in terms of surveys, polls, etc... to see what the actual interest level is for Firefly/Serenity Figures. I would be happy to try and get some surveys out to other websites and boards to gauge interest levels in the Sideshow community. I could try and poll some of the firefly boards, and see if some toy websites like www.action-figure.com, www.rebelscum.com, www.mwctoys.com or www.figures.com might be able to provide some answers in regards to the actual interest level. heck even aint it cool and Sideshow could host a poll. What do you think?
Let us know Sideshow!!!

I'd be curious to see if Serenity placed on their recent poll about what other licenses fans would like. In fact the results of that poll would be interesting all 'round.

Care to share, mon freres?

Darklord Dave said:
I'd be curious to see if Serenity placed on their recent poll about what other licenses fans would like. In fact the results of that poll would be interesting all 'round.

Care to share, mon freres?

Serenity/Firefly is the next line I said I would like to see Sideshow make. Anyone else ask for that?

Back