'Dark Counsel' - Theoden and Grima image thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vikingmagyar

Freaked Out
Reaction score
I got the SS Dark Council Diorama #26 today. In my zeal to take photos I didn't take the time to dust off the little pieces of styrofoam...

I wasn't sure that I was going to keep this on order but when I saw it at SDCC my mind was made up...I really like it! :clap

Looks great, I wish I could have held onto this one but had to cancel...Hopefully I can get one down the road...Congrats!!! :banana

Looks nice. A great moment on film just not one I wanted to buy but SS did a nice job of bringing it to life in polystone form.

Awesome dio and I agree, only flaw I see is the weak paint in Theoden's face.The eyeliner thing stand out too much.But, if I was a fan, this wouldnt detract me from buying it..I think it is still very good.

I like this piece a lot and it's a very different choice for a diorama, showing some of the drama and conflict of the LOTR story aside from the typical fight scenes. "Old" Theoden has been underrepresented by Sideshow so that's another nice thing about this piece.

Congrats on the nice low number!

I agree that the eyeliner is distracting and is a flaw to an otherwise wonderful piece. I think the main reason I like this diorama so much is that it's a quiet moment in a very important scene in the book and movie. As soon as I get a chance I will be doing a repaint on the eyes though...

Beautiful pics, Sara... Of course!
bow9.gif

I'm interested to see if all the Theodens' eyes are so lined.
Like, maybe, some painters have a less heavy hand?

Mind you, the figures are very small and depending on the angle and lighting, it's not that noticeable. It isn't painted like the prototype, so that's a disappointment but unless you have zoom eyeballs, in the real world you won't be viewing it like a giant photograph. However, the sculpt is very good and it will be an easy job to do a paint touch-up on the eyes.

Great pics,

I'm looking to pick this piece up in the future. One of my favourite parts of the whole trilogy. I would have quite liked a Gandalf the White vs possessed theoden/saruman when GTW is extracting the 'poison'. It is a pretty dynamic moment!

Great piece though

Colin

I was able to retouch the eyes a all it took was a lick of paint here and there.

Here's a birds eye shot...

Some of you have the LS Gandalf bust so I thought it would be a good gage to show this dio's scale...

Holy crap it's tiny.
Love the fix you did on the eyes.

Looking forward to getting this.

Back