ebay help!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lookin4Precious

Super Freak
Reaction score
So somebody just bought a Pippin from me and now I don't know how to send it. How do I calculate the shipping cost? Like if i click on "Send Invoice" it just has a box where you enter the shipping total, but I don't see anywhere to calculate the shipping. Help PLEASE

I'm a novice. I have only ever sold one item on ebay, and I packed it up before I put it on ebay. Went to the post office and had them weigh it and tell me the costs to ship it to different parts of the planet, so I had all the information on hand to answer any ebay questions.

For your circumstance, looks like lc has it all wrapped up for you.

How are the friendly folks at the Post Office down under Creech? Nicer than those we have here in Los Angeles i would hope? HA! Can you just imagine walking in and having them weigh a package for you and tell you the shipping to places ALL OVER THE WORLD than say thank-you, take your package back and leave without shipping it at all. That would actually be classic!

Having said that, it is a very good idea, and being on the other end of an ebay transaction and not having the answers, i wish i had been as prepared Creech. However, I don't know if i'd have the balls to mess with the Sistaz in charge at my local P.O.

However, I don't know if i'd have the balls to mess with the Sistaz in charge at my local P.O.
:mwaha Good one, Gareth!

Actually, I generally use the links that Lonnie posted, too.

But if I'm offering something for international shipping, I ask for bidders to contact me for quotes to their country. Only then, and only if I feel the website quote is suspect, will I haul off a box to the PO, just for a quote. But you'd be surprised how nice the Sistaz are, and they'll give you the customs forms and whatnot for you to fill out at home, which is nice. :)

Are things that bad over there L4P? Here it's a pretty safe bet they don't have a firearm under the counter. The posties are just as frustrated here as yours over there, but would be on the receiving end of a bumper bar at worst, if they gave you a hard time. They all ride Honda CT110's, so to say "I didn't see them" will probably get you off. The counter staff are always busy, but they are there to serve and it is drummed into them from their first encounter at the counter. As long as I don't show them a plastic card to process I get on alright. When they learn how to charge, like the banks, I might have to use links too. At that time it might be time to move to Canada. What are the services like over there?

K, more ebay help. I listed an item that didn't sell. However, somebody has made an offer through a message that i have accepted. Now how do i send them an invoice for the amount we agreed upon?

HA! Can you just imagine walking in and having them weigh a package for you and tell you the shipping to places ALL OVER THE WORLD than say thank-you, take your package back and leave without shipping it at all. That would actually be classic!

Uhm....I actually did that and it was no problem at all. I just said that I didnt want to ship it yet but would like to know how much it would cost me to ship it to a certain place. They had no problem with that at all.

Hi L4P. I dont think there would be a problem sending them an email telling them the full cost, and having them send it to you via paypal. When you have the money confirmed in your paypal send them the item.

That's what i thought too Creech.. but they said send me an invoice and i'll pay. Maybe they just wanted the paypal address. Maybe i'll just send them that. You da man Creech....

And yup.. i have also since been to the post office simply to weigh something without actually shipping it. They were very cool. I was just a little apprehensive because i've had some pretty bleak experiences with my local Post Office.

Just a side note Creech - don't just do around "requesting money" of just anyone. It really should be someone who's won an auction off you. Of course you never know might happen...

Back