Are you interested in the 1:1 bust line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you interested in the 1:1 Bust line?

• Total voters

lcummins

Universal MODster
Reaction score
Ok folks, what do you think about the 1:1 bust line announcement? If you are interested in the line, post a reply with your top three choices of characters you would like to see as a 1:1 bust! Who knows, maybe we will give Sideshow some ideas... :lightnin

You can choose multiple answers if you are undecided!

My top three choices are:

1) Ardeth Bey (really! I would have picked this even without the announcement)
2) Creature from the Black Lagoon
3) Wolfman

Last edited:
Easy answer, NO. I said that about the PF figures too. This time I am very sure, mainly due to the fact I have seen the Predator bust. It really scared me, or is that scarred me. That mother is HUMUNGOUS. :horror

I can see someone getting one, but that someone is not me. I don't have any room as it is, and something that big would be out of place. You would need room and money to be an avid collector of these. If you have the room, I would say you have enough money. I mean you are rich. For me to get one of these I would have to see more and more busts, so I could select a favourite. With Sideshow wanting their items sold within the month, I know that's an exaggeration, but they want them out quick it would seem, they need to keep their edition sizes low. So low in fact, I wouldn't even be able to get my favourite once I had decided.

The pressure is on. Mainly on Sideshow. With petrol prices, many collectors will have to forego the luxuries of Sideshow style products. Even something small like 1/6 figures were under the hammer of sales figures before petrol prices went rocketing. I guess if you can afford these 1:1 busts, the price of petrol isn't going to bother you that much anyhoo. Maybe that is why Sideshow is taking on the higher end of the collectible market now, and ditching 1/6 lines that don't immediately perform. Which they wont, because people under the pinch will gravitate toward the cheaper ebay option everytime.

As far as possibilities, I really don't know. I haven't seen many of this type of item in person, other than the Predator bust, which is truely remarkable, and a Wolverine bust I spotted in a comic store, that was good, but for it's size was less than remarkable. As this market is beyond my meager resources, my input is voided on this count. I wouldn't want to give Sideshow the idea I would buy something I suggested, when I wont be buying it if they did produce it.

I actually voted for the top yes and they're fantastic item- because I have an Alien Queen bust. It's not full scale but really, a full scale alien queen bust would probably cost more than the current full scale terminator statue.

It's the same size more or less (that I know of) to the 1:1 regular busts so I voted yes.

I have heard great things about the predator bust too.

I voted No. I have no interest in the line personally. Just not my cup of tea. If you like this sort of thing though, I would recommend it. I saw the Predator Bust a few weeks ago in person and I thought it looked just fantastic.

I like the line but would need more room to display them all in a nice way.

I will stay with their 1/4 line.

I like this line as long as the sheer amount of characters is somewhat limited. I can probably get 3 of these at a maximum for space reasons. I'm much more interested in the 1/4 line than 1:1 busts.

My most wanted 1:1 bust has already been announced: Darth Maul

My second most wanted is the Alien Queen, which is really 1/4 scale, but I count it in the same line.

I'd like to get those 2 and possibly one more. Chewbacca could be very nice if done properly.

I might buy one if I REALLY like the character and the price is right.
I'll just stick to 1:4 Scale.

Results so far...

Ok, with 70 votes (by 56 voters) in so far, that is about half the voters that the last major poll got, so it is time to tally the results to this point.

All "Yes" votes - 19 27%
All "Maybe" votes - 11 16%
All "No" votes - 40 57%

So it looks like the majority of the Freaks aren't interested or don't have the space or money for this line. I'm guessing the edition sizes are going to be very low indeed! Time will tell I guess...

I voted "maybe."

I'd love a few Uni Monster busts but I'd rather have a few more 1/6 or 1/4 scale figures. I think the price is going to be the real sticking point with these. If they are about the same price-wise as a PE figure then I'm sure a lot of people will buy these but anything more expensive and I have a feeling that most will pass.

Sounds great but ....

if they all come in at 600 clams I'll have to pass.

Andy

Fraid not...

I am going to have to say, no I am not interested. I am probably the biggest Universal Monsters "HO" I know of, but there must be a point where I just go "Nope, I aint buying it." :google

In my area of the U.S., the economy is less than stellar,and I am making less $$$ these days than I was a couple of years ago. I am married with two sons ages 6 and 10. Money is never plentiful. Responsibility comes first.

I had no intention of buying the 1/4 scale Universal Monsters PFs. A buddy of mine helped me out there, though. As I stated when I first came onto the board, I am a moderately skilled painter. He inquired if I would be interested in acquiring them wholesale as he is a dealer. I told him, thanks alot, but I would have to pass because of my cash flow...or lack thereof. He then OFFERED to utilize my painting skills to paint several Geometric Desings mini busts,and a Janus Dracula and Brides diorama. For this he paid me PF Phantom, Dracula, London After Midnight, etc. The only one I have had to pay cash for is Wolfman. So, while I have them all, I have only paid for 1. But I cannot do that forever.

Secondly, there is the matter of space. I have 2 walk in closets displayed with this stuff, as well as a den/computer room. My garage is filled with the boxes they arrived in. I cannot afford to have lifesize "heads" displayed throughout the house and not go insane or become bankrupt. My wife is very supportive of my hobbies, but I think she would go a little ballistic if life sized Wolfman and the gang were spread all throught the living room, kitchen, bedroom, etc. Bankruptcy or excessive credit card debt would be an issue also. :horror

So, I am going to pass. I won't even buy one. EVEN IF IT IS A SPOT ON LON CHANEY JR. WOLFMAN OR LUGOSI'S DRACULA SCUPLTED BY A REANIMATED LEONARDO DAVINCI ZOMBIE. Because once you buy one....it's easier to just buy another. And another...and another. :banghead

SO I VOTE NO....NO!!!! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NNNNNNNOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait till they get a load of me ...

JokerHowardSculpt.jpg

Now maybe if something like this came along. Sculpted by Howard Seft(SP?) and I can't remember who painted it but a bang up job!

Andy

"Oh! Love that Joker!" -girls from Batman (saying more or less what I'd say)

Way cool. There was another, custom Jack Nickelson as Joker bust which I liked even more than the one posted above due to the expression and ... about same level of perfect realism.

But wow, if Sideshow makes a 1:1 yoda bust.. that would be really nice to see.

I think these should be LE 500, something like the Lance Henriksen tiles. These are fantastically done, but the percentage of people who find the subject and execution to be well worth the money personally is a pretty small percentile.

I'm surprised though- 1:1 terminator statue, but no 1:1 bust.

I would rather have the bust simply because it's more affordable, and would fit with the Alien Queen in terms of sci-fi-recognizable value, and being inhuman.

There I've just spewed forth a pile of pro-fullscale bust stuff. :) I like'em for their potential in micro detail. I can't see myself getting any more large busts unless it's something like ... from another one of my favourite movies like a bust of Judah Ben Hur (hah impossible since it's not a sci-fi movie right?).
That's it, I'd probably buy a Charleton Heston as Judah Ben Hur if sideshow made one.

actually I can't remember too clearly now the image I saw of the joker bust on another messageboard- it may actually be that same one, but painted.

I thought the one I saw had a really pronounced grin, a perfect Jack Nickelson with one spectacularly "evil" expression on his mug.

Could be the same bust.

I'm not interested in the 'monster' 1:1 busts (not just the universal monsters line, but all non-human chars) cos I think they look kind of gross, maybe if they ever start doing human characters I'll pick one or two up....

Back