The Dark Knight Chase Scene with Score....

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CelticPredator

Super Freak
Reaction score
Look, i'm a score fan. While I liked the chase....I wish there would've been music. I dont like in the old Bond movies where Bond has a fight, and there isnt some music playing. It feels.....wrong. But this is all my opinion. So...I took the liberty and added a score there. I took various cues from the score, and weaved them into the chase.

I didnt really work that hard on matching the audio....but this is about the music.

I also reedited a few things such as the Batpod's flip, and some choppy cuts in the mall, and the street.

Enjoy!

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://smg.photobucket.com/flash/player.swf?file=https://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v310/CelticPredator/TDKCHAS.flv"></embed>

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="https://img.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=https://vidmg.photobucket.com/albums/v310/CelticPredator/TDK2hg.flv">

it sounds good, but it is a bit of overkill...the scene sounded great on its own.

a little bit of music would have been good, but there's a bit too much.

The music doesn't fit. Especially in the second clip. So unnecessary. You should find better ways to spend your time.

didnt someone add the danny elfman theme to the chase once? that was also pretty good. i agree, no music was pretty retarded. it felt like the 70's when they didnt have any music in the movies to make it seem more realistic. screw realism!

Awww, I thought you meant that when you reedited the batpod flip, that you edited the part where he rides up the wall and turns around. Worst part of the movie IMO.

The music doesn't fit. Especially in the second clip. So unnecessary. You should find better ways to spend your time.

Not to double post this....but, you should find better things to do then to sit on a forum, and ^^^^^ about everything. It'll help.

Interesting, but I think the absence of music in the film has validity. These films are not big on holding back music, this was a rare instance of a major sequence without it, but I think there's reason. The way it's shot and cut, you almost feel like you're sitting in each spot, be it the cab of the tumbler, the back of Dent's transport, whatever, by having not music it makes you feel more really there instead of inside a story and I think it adds to the tension of (providing you keep spoiler free) not knowing what's going to happen in the scene. They use music at the point where the tumbler detonates and the pod comes flying out because that brief moment feels very cinematic, but then they quickly bring you back to feeling like you're there.

And thats fine to think. Its not like this is ever going to be seen in the movie. This is just how I feel about it. I love how personally some people are taking it.

I felt the exact same watching the movie. "Why is the score absent for this incredible chase scene?". Certain parts of your video are great but then theres certain parts where it feels off. Like when you play "Like A Dog Chasing Cars", it fits perfectly in some parts but when its playing when the truck flips over it just doesnt feel right. When it plays with batman on his batpod chasing the truck it is great. I think the videos are pretty cool

I agree. I liked the abesent score when the truck flips. That worked well.

I like the whole scene, but I just wanted to play with it. SINCE THATS WHAT I DO WITH MY TIME, MAKE MOVIES, AND LEARN TO EDIT!

Awww, I thought you meant that when you reedited the batpod flip, that you edited the part where he rides up the wall and turns around. Worst part of the movie IMO.

are you kidding? that was classic sh** right there! whats wrong with you ppl, first your hateing on the cool music he adds, then your bashing the actual FUN and ENTERTAINING parts of the movie? the movie lacked enough fantasy as it is. srsly, wtf.:confused: i wish i could go back to the day when action music during a big OTT chase/fight was not only cool, it was mandatory. like back in the 80's, i loved that sh**.

Back