Saef made copies from my base

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dasciutto

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Self made copies from my base

Hello today i have made a copy of a base
with silicon mold

So now i can try to make a new sculpt like King of the dead cave or
Mount doom environment.

base%20001.jpg

base%20002.jpg

base%20003.jpg

base%20004.jpg

base%20005.jpg

base%20006.jpg

base%20007.jpg

base%20008.jpg

base%20009.jpg

base%20010.jpg

Last edited:
that looks great! its flawless.
now we know who to contact if we need a spare base ;)

Silverbc3 said:
That's hot.

You buy all your supplies from a local craft store??

:peace

Yeah, here in Amsterdam there is a store where i can buy
silicon rubber and casting materials.

So you can make a base of glass or gold It's all polystone

That came out fantastic. I would recommend airbrushing or at least spraypainting the black paint on, instead of brush painting it on.

By the way, I see that you sacrificed the base of one of the "Grail" pieces to use on the molding process... ;)

FlyAndFight said:
That came out fantastic. I would recommend airbrushing or at least spraypainting the black paint on, instead of brush painting it on.

By the way, I see that you sacrificed the base of one of the "Grail" pieces to use on the molding process... ;)

Yeah its a risk, but this silicon rubber don't change the paintjob of it's original.
And now i have a base. So now i can try to make a sculpt on it.

I was just being facitious with you, dasciutto. The Haradrihm is nowhere near a "grail" piece. :D

So the original base is not damaged in the process? That certainly is fantastic news. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks, dasciutto!

No, i don't want do that,
when i know the original base will be damaged after this process.

So with this copy process you can make copies from all your
stuff like the spikes from sauron or the staff from Gandalf as spare parts ect. ect.

And there is an other thing. I will only make copies for my self as a
study object. This is copyright to Sideshow-WETA and i don't want have trubbles with them.
I want to learn to make molds and sculpts.
And LOTR is a great study object for my new hobby

dasciutto said:
And there is an other thing. I will only make copies for my self as a
study object. This is copyright to Sideshow-WETA and i don't want have trubbles with them.

You really shouldn't have posted this on the board in the first place, since this is clearly a copyright violation. It doesn't matter that you're using it for your personal sculpting only. You know Sideshow has a presence here, why would you post that? :rolleyes:

The Netherlands is subject to the Berne (also spelled Bern in some countries) Convention worldwide copyright laws, which extends Sideshow's copyrights to countries that are members of that union. Therefore, their copyright extends even to your country.

Wow! That looks fantastic!

This is what should be used on the CUSTOM GALADRIEL MIRROR
that is hopefully being feverishly worked on for all of us!

JS :banana

And there's no difference!

Great, so now we have a base, and there's a Faramir being sculpted.....get together people!! And then do a Mouth Of Sauron on steed!! :horror :horror

FrodoEyes said:
And there's no difference!

Great, so now we have a base, and there's a Faramir being sculpted.....get together people!! And then do a Mouth Of Sauron on steed!! :horror :horror

Mouth of Sauron on steed? Now that would be cool :naughty Dasciutto, nice job on the base. If you decide to make one available please drop me a line. Thanks.

looks nice,nice and illegal :naughty
if you do another i would spray the paint though. :joy
right or wrong though i like it ,im sure it was fun to make :banana

Wow, that really came out excellent Dimitri! Nice first test of your new found skill! So how much did it cost you? Silicon rubber isnt cheap I believe.

FrodoEyes said:
The lotr line WILL Continue! :rock

B-Electronic said:
Wow, that really came out excellent Dimitri! Nice first test of your new found skill! So how much did it cost you? Silicon rubber isnt cheap I believe.

B-Electronic, No it is not cheap.
The silicon rubber cost me about 15 Euro ($ 19)
And the casting (Smooth-on) about 20 Euro ($ 24)

But i can make 5 bases with the coldcast.
And with the silicon mold you can make about 2000 copies.

Back