Mattel Movie Masters Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaulFan

King of the Monsters
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Courtesy of CoolToyReview.

Two-Face :drool

Two-Face-full.jpg

Two-Face-front.jpg

Two-Face-close.jpg

Bank Robber Joker

Joker-thug-from-back.jpg

Joker-thug-full.jpg

Harvey Dent

DSC_0085.jpg

Dent-Face.jpg

Battle Damage (Sonar) Batman, kinda weak to me.

Batman_05.jpg

Re: TDK Movie Masters Wave 3

Two Face and Joker for me. Bats is alrught....and Harvey is just...Scarbrough.

Harvey does not look like Harvey, and I'd prefer the BR Joker's mask was removable as with the HT figure. Still, for action figures they are good, particularly Two-Face.

i'm picking up the Two-Face for shizz
maybe Bank Robber, but hope he comes with accessories, like the gun
that'd be a nice add on for the Joker figure

hey where's Scarecrow? the suited Scarecrow
i'm guessing that's Wave 4?

I believe wave 3 is actually Sonar Bats and Suited Scarecrow, unless Mattel has changed it to these guys. I thought wave 4 was originally going to be Two-Face, Harvey, and Bozo (BR Joker). So who really knows at this point?

Bats is the only weak one of the bunch, but the head would be easy to swap over to a non "battle damaged" batbody. Maybe put the unmasked head on instead?

Either way, these are all must buys for me. Really great work on 6" figures.

Is there a variant in this wave? (Dent maybe?)

Gotta get both Dent and Two-Face, though the likeness on Dent is so-so. Wonder when these come out?

The Two-Face is meh but the Dent looks pretty well done. The only one that I'll probably pick up is the Bank Robber Joker.

Mattel's burned side is more accurate than HT's?

...Wtf...

You got to remember though, Hot Toys' Two-face is already out and Mattel's won't be out for another 3-6 months. Mattel didn't get reference photos until very late on (4 months before the film's release at the earliest I heard). It takes them a full year to go from concept to final product.

Hot Toys' sculpt really is good though. 100% accurate? No, but whatever is?

Gotta get both Dent and Two-Face, though the likeness on Dent is so-so. Wonder when these come out?

I actually think the likeness is very good for the scale (only 6" remember). The only thing that needs to be fixed is the chin. The dimple isn't pronounced enough/there at all. Otherwise I think it is a fairly decent sculpt with maybe some paint hiding the likeness a bit.

maybe Ht should have waited a wee bit longer
but with some mods on the nose and eye socket along with a repaint, it'd be perfect

and true on the Dent figure
Mattel's 5 inch Two-Face CONCEPT looks a lot more like Eckhart, he's got that Captain America chin going on there, final product was so-so
but it's a given that the MM Dent/Two-Face will be much better

The Battle damaged Batman is actually part of a wave that also contains a Scarecrow in suit figure, and that wave is supposed to come out in January. The wave with Bank Robber Joker, Harvey Dent (chase), and Two-Face is supposed to come out around March.

Has that been confirmed? I've only heard rumors. If it is true, hopefully it is a 50:50 split as I know many people want Harvey for a decent suit body for customs (Bruce for example).
I thought it was.....but eh...who knows.

Mattel's burned side is more accurate than HT's?

...Wtf...

And it also looks less detailed and more soft then HT's does...so...

But I gotta admit for a 5" figure, that burnt face looks awesome.

Back