Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

noisetrigger

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok guys, got my HT Two Face today, turns out my insider news was true. Funny how HT never mentioned this in their recent newsletter but it's a pleasant surprise. I wasn't expecting this figure until next year actually.

As you can see from my pics (sorry, raining outside, hence grainy pics, will post better pics tomorrow) the Two Face headsculpt is actually an improvement to the prototype.

DSC02099.jpg

DSC02100.jpg

The charred side has more flesh paint and the jaw has the exposed bone now. The exposed teeth also have some wash so it looks dirty and grimy. The charred side eyeball is the most amazing. You can't see it from my crappy pics but there are veins painted around it. Truly an amazing paint detail. I am a big fan of the choice of expression. You can easily re-enact lots of major scene with this head.

DSC02101.jpg

DSC02102.jpg

The Harvey Dent head is spot on (They also toned down the stubble, a little overkill in the prototype) Aaron Eckhart but I am not really a fan of the expression. I think Yulli was going for the teaser poster expression (the one where he is holding his "I believe in Harvey Dent button') and as you can see from my pic, it works perfect for pose but for other poses, I find the expression too neutral. I would have preferred a more intense and determine expression.

DSC02110.jpg

DSC02109.jpg

DSC02106.jpg

This heads also benefit from some kind of 'skin' technology. (This is supposedly the first of HT figure to have it). The result is softer fleshy but more natural looking skin tone detail. The hands have the fleshy look and feel to them too but I am not sure if this is a first for this figure or this is common for all of HT plain hand figures.

I was lucky to have one with really thin eyeliner. To be fair, the prototype has it too just really thin. The eyeliner application do varies from figure to figure though. Some really look like he is wearing eyeliner like the mayor. I went through like two cartons of figure to find the perfect one.

The tailoring for this figure is a huge improvement over BR Joker. The fit is really perfect, especially the shirt and pants. The material used is different this time. Almost paper like thin material. Same with the tie, feels like paper but not paper. Not sure what material that is. (Interestingly, the proto tie is cloth)

However, there is a slight drawback for the burned coat. Due to the burned section being thicker due to the combination of cloth and (melted rubber?), the articulation is slightly limited on that side. It's still enough to get you lots of left hand movement, just not as much as the right hand.

The burn pattern on the coat is unique for each figure. They all look different. Which one looks nicer is really a matter of taste. Due to the way it's made, I guess it will be quite impossible to find a totally movie accurate burned coat. But the technique used to produced the effect is really cool. Really burned and charred look that extend all the way the back of the coat (covers more than half the back of his coat, though in the movie, there is barely any burn on the back of his coat)

The normal coat is just that, a normal coat. Nothing special.

The shoe is sculpted like Joker and BR Joker but this one really shines like polished leather. However, Dent isn't wearing any socks. Yes,same like BR Joker. I can understand BR Joker not wearing any but Harvey not wearing socks? Come on Hot Toys, I would have been happy with plain black socks.

DSC02111.jpg

The coin holding hands also have an ugly seamed line, the thumb is sculpted separately from the figure. The gun hand is seamless so I don't understand how this particular hand turns out the way it is. Really detracts from the look.

DSC02112.jpg

The gun detail is nice, the chamber opens but no bullets inside. However, it is not as shiny as the prototype. The prototype has a paint job that looks like chrome. The final product is more like brushed metal.

We get two coins, both the same, one side normal, one side charred. I would have preferred one of the coin to be the undamaged version. The design I am not sure if it is movie accurate or not cause it's too small and the detail really soft. It's so small that it will be easy to lose them so be extra cafeful.

One of the best bonus is something that everyone wanted, the 'I believe in Harvey Dent' button, yes, it's included. That's a really cool move by HT. It's one of the most requested accessories for Harvey Dent.

Overall, the final figure from HT lives up to the line and closes the door with a bang. Easily this year best head sculpt right up there with BR Joker. Despite being one of the most simple figure in terms of accessories, the headsculpt more than makes up for that.

However, according to my HT dealer here, the pre-order for TF is significantly lower for Dent. That's really disappointing to hear because Harvey isn't getting much love and overshadowed by Joker and Batman. (The Batpod on the other hand is flying off the shelves here).

Don't make the mistake of skipping this figure because of the impression that he is a lesser character. The movie is just as much a Harvey Dent movie as it is a Joker and Batman movie. Harvey Dent needs to be in your collection to complete the holy trinity.

I too believe in Harvey Dent.

DSC02105.jpg

As usual feel free to ask me anything about this figure. Better pictures coming first thing tomorrow.

Re: Hot Toys - TDK - TWO-FACE / Harvey Dent PHOTO Thread

Awesome review and pictures Noisetrigger, it was very insightful!
I passed on Harvey Dent because I didn't like the character much, I felt the transformation from Dent to Two-Face was a little forced.
But your review really makes me want to pick him up! Two-Face is a fantastic looking figure.

So the face has a separate soft skin cast over a harder plastic core? I don't know if I like this much, I hope the softer skin won't deteriorate over time.

Well, it does look like there is some kind of really really thin 'skin' layer (you can tell because of the really faint seam line (no worries, really faint, most wouldn't notice it at all) where the 'skin' covering ends) over the plastic core but it's not like soft or rubbery. It's hard like the plastic core. I think a more accurate description would be something like an overcoat. I don't see it deteriorating at all since it's hard.

Great review, thanks! I can't wait to get hold of this guy, though that seam on the thumb is pretty ugly, and it's a shame to hear that the details on the coin are very soft. Still, what can e expected of something that small (it does look a little too small to me, but I'll need to check the DVD to see if the scale is off). Glad they give us two coins though, because I'm sure they'll be very easy to lose!

The size of the coin is fine, the problem is that the coin holding hand is a little too big hence making the coin small me thinks. The open palm hand are of perfect scale though.

hhmm...I'm gonna hold off on this figure for now.
I was really hoping they made changes to the TF sculpt but the only thing that's changed was the jaw that is more exposed. They didn't correct the eye nor the nose scar.

I'm gonna have to think about this one...
I was just comparing the Bluray with the figure and overall I say HT got it 95% there mainly due to the fact that this was sculpted based on the concept pic and not the final movie.

But the sculpt is so good that no one will notice the difference. I say get it man. It's a really impressive figure.

Man, those pics make him look like Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face with all the purple! That's just flash issues, right?..........right?!?

Great review noisetrigger. The seam on the hand is a little detracting, but I suppose that part of the hand will be facing backwards in most ccoin poses. Can't wait for this.

Don't worry, the suit is grey and the skin tone flesh colour. No purple at all.

The suit jacket looks really big and frumpy, I wonder if you can still water treat it or if that would mess up the burnt areas.

That's true for the burned jacket, it does look a little big on the left side due to the manufacturing method. It's basically another extra layer of stuff on that side.

The normal jacket fits fine though.

Personally, I noticed that the face looks a bit elongated on both head sculpts. Whereas in the proto pics, they look just fine. Except of course for the burnt part of his face, which is much better now in the final figure.

The sculpt size is exactly the same since it's casted from the prototype. I do agree that the paint app is improved on the final product for the burned face.

I too was first impressed, but final product, they didn't tweak the inaccurate burned face, and the hand and all that.
I'm not completely passing on this, I'll just wait and see if they ever tweak it...If not...Looks like this is the best thing out there.

Well if you are expecting a V2 Harvey, it won't be happening. The demand for this figure is not very strong and the sculpt is just a little off, I say it's 95% there accurate, so the reason isn't strong enough for HT to make a V2 version.

So noisetrigger is this the accessory list: 1 body, 1 tie/shirt/pair of pants/shoes, 2 heads, 4 hands, 2 jackets, 2 coins, 1 gun, 1 "I believe in Harvey Dent" button, and the stand. Sound about right?
Yes, that's correct. Easily the least impressive of the HT TDK line in terms of accessories but easily one of their best overall.

I have Harvey Dent next to me now and it's amazing how realistic he looks. The 'skin' tech HT is using is just amazing!!! This is one figure where it is worth it to just get another one to display as Two-Face. Both sculpts are so good that I have trouble deciding how I should display him, Harvey Dent or Two Face?

Interesting you say that. To me, outside of BR Joker, they've all been fairly light on the accessories, and the first Joker being the weakest, at least Harvey includes things seen on screen, the first Joker had a knife, the cards, and then money that was never even seen in the film, to me he was weakest in accessories.
Okay, I guess the more proper expression is Two Face is really light in terms of hmm.....overall value for money?

To me, Joker, Bats, and TDK bats have the unique costumes and look factor going on for them. But TF if it weren't for AE amazing potrayal and tragic storyline would have just be a figure of another guy in a suit.

Sadly, I was told the interest for TF is the lowest among the TDK line and no doubt it has something to do with the idea that people might be feeling that he is a lesser figure because he isn't as unique as the other TDK releases.

Back