Serenity Spoilers!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
Ok BE WARNED THIS THREAD CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT
HAPPENED IN THE MOVIE
PLEASE DO NOT READ ANY FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last Chance Spoilers Ahead.............................

ah yes, Joss did it because he wanted the audience to get the feeling that no one was safe, that it ment anyone coould die. He told us in the Q&A in Sydney that he wanted it to be realistic and it would been completely fake if everyone came out alive and well, there had to be loss and Wash was the one to go as he is the most unexpected to go. he not a fighter or warrior so you didnt expect that to happen.
He mentioned it being like the Wild Bunch?
except it was all sed MUCH better than how i sed it

200 post! anyway i think(although it was heartbreaking) i think it help the pace andgot you into FIGHT mode as well as being emotional.

And the fight scene with river at the end was NO DOUBT the coolest fight eva!!!!

"My Turn"

That would of been awesome to see it with the man. It just shocked me when it happened to Wash that and the Shepered, loved seeing River in action. And the hook through Jayne's leg was awesome! ahahahahahha
Sorry my wife hasnt seen it yet so nobody to talk to about it.

no i love talking bout it! its exciting to see what other ppl thort of stuff. Ye and the Q&A was the best night of my life seriously. i mean MEETING YOUR IDOL! hes so smart to, he had something funny to say at EVERYTHING. OOOO and he signed my Buffy "origins" comic! and my serenity poster thing that i got while i was there.

i felt sorry for him though, by the end of the night he was SOO tired, like DEAD. he was jetlagged and hadnt slept yet and it was like 12, but WOW it was an amazing night. AND i got to see it 2 weeks b4 all of you! HA HA!

Best image - River with the sword and the hunga-munga, backlit with the blood dripping off the weapons.

And I can see why Joss had to kill some of them, 9 characters is okay for a TV series, but no way you can do justice to them all in a feature. So the sequels will have fewer characters to deal with.

And River is the new pilot- how cool is that?

So who dies in the sequel? Kaylee or Simon I think...

NO! NOT KAYLEE!!! i dont want any1 2! but if Joss decides some1 must go, i'll trust him...NOT TO KILL KAYLEE!! lol
shes to cute to die!

Maybe Jayne? Although I'd hate to see him go, I could see that happening. Or even Inara. I just hope that a sequel will delve into Book's past and also Inara's... remember from the episode "Out of Gas" when Mal mentions that Inara must be running from something since she was going to tag along with a rag tag crew like theirs? And she's silent for a second... something is up there.

One of my favorite scenes is the "spinning scene" on Miranda when River is freaking and Jayne starts speaking and says "she's right, everyone's dead... dead for no reason" and the spin suddenly stops when he says that, focused on Wash. Dead for no reason. Foreshadowing rocks!

Dave, I also really really like that blood dripping scene. I think the cinematography was superb. I like how they kept some of the crazy shots and zooms and light flares. Makes it more like your actually there with them, experiencing everything.

Wash's death scene was amazing. Each time I've seen it, it keeps it's intensity, even more so now that I know it's coming. I love the audience response every time! Laughter and relief, then audible shock in the same breath. I've never heard that in a theater before. I love how everyone claps every time too... even newbies! :joy

Last edited:
I read an article in which Alan Tudyk explains that he brought up the idea to Joss that Wash should be the one to die. It really was most unexpected, and pretty heartbreaking as well. Alan said that it would be very emotional for the audience, no one would see it coming, and it would raise the stakes quite a bit. I highly recommend the "Finding Serenity" book edited by Jayne Espenson, as it has a lot of interesting essays one Firefly, one about the marriage of Wash and Zoe, in particular, that is really sad in light of the film. I thought it was especially poignant that wash did die on the ground. He was a remarkable pilot and untouchable in the air, but once he was grounded, he died. I have actually really bummed out about Wash since the movie, and am not sure how rewatching firefly will be knowing his fate.

"I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar"

I would really hate to see Jayne go, he brings a lot to the crew.

I could see Inara going though, but actually I would really hate to see anybody die now from the crew!

If there are any more "Serenity" films, I don't think that they will go the "who will die next" approach. It would become some sort of gimmick for the series and THAT would be a mistake.

The story in this particular case warranted an emotional price to be paid... and Wash and Book paid it dearly.

I fully expect everyone to die until it's just Zoey and Mal alone after a huge battle.

Or maybe River, as the sole survivor, driven mad again by the fact that everyone is dead because of her...

What? too dark?

My guess is that if there is another movie and that's a pretty big "if" as of today and gross revenues, it would be a prequel and you'd see all your favorites back again. If it is a kill fest with one character biting the big one each movie, then I'd love to see Jayne get splattered next!

No way Jayne rocks!! In EW Nathin says in the end of it all he wants to see Mal die because he doesnt want anybody else to play him (like they do with James Bond)

Last edited:
One thing about Joss, he never looks back. I can't see them doing a prequel. They've set up for the fall of the Alliance and I'm sure the next 2 films will be how the Serenity crew are a part of making that happen.

Personally, I hope we don't see the fall of the Alliance. As big and bad as they are, it would be cool if Joss was realistic and said 'realistically, you can't normally overthrow regimes like this'. Star Wars has been there and done that, anyway.

If anything, people on the border planets would grow more hateful of the Alliance, but most of those on the central planets are living a pretty cushy life.

I agree that the Firefly universe is more realistic than Buffy's apocalypse of the week. But we just saw a major blow to the Alliance and one would think that even the cushy inner planet dwellers would object to being drugged into docility and finding out the government created the Reavers. There was a war once before, who's to say it can't happen again? Each sequel needs to be bigger than the previous one.

Back