When should we be watching (for) the Watchmen?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr.Mirakle32

Super Freak
Reaction score
If Hot Toys happened to pick up this licence from DC Direct, how long before the movie's release should we get an official anouncement? I will find it difficult to believe they got the rights to do Spirit figures, and not Watchmen, which already has a built-in fanbase.

I don't know, if they did Spirit then they are sure to do Watchmen. I hope we get an announcement soon. If they make them I'll definitely pick up a Rorschach and probably a Nite Owl. I don't like how they changed the costumes for the movie, otherwise I'd pick up an Ozzymandias too.

It depends, the announced and showed the Spirit figures a month before the film but they were really late to the game for Iron Man and TDK showing figures and announcements after the films were generally released. Its a crapshoot really but if they did Spirit I'd say that WATCHMEN is a lock.

Rorschach FTW. Come on HT, announce already!

Seriously though, I would be surprised if they don't pick it up and announce by early Feb.

Hot Toy's is doing the Tumbler, I wouldn't put it past them to do Nite Owl's ship.

My thoughts too!

I imagine any time now. Didn't they say they had one more surprise for us for Christmas (like Sideshow)? Maybe its Watchmen?

But yeah, if Spirit is getting the HT treatment, why not Watchmen? I'd really like to see Punisher:War Zone figures too. Sure the film wasn't the greatest, but the Punisher and Jigsaw are cool enough (visually) to need figures.

Watchmen was supposed to come out earlier, so they may have planned to announce with the original release date (if it is going to happen). But knowing HT, they'll announce 2 or 3 months after the movie comes out.

I'm getting a Rorschach from DarkArtist - really looks spectacular...don't think Hot Toys could do any better. :D
Hope Josh doesn't mind me posting a pic of the piece - but it really is outstanding. :)

rorshach.jpg

:rock Good choice, Jen!

I've got a DarkArtist Rorschach on the way as well... and I'll get DC Direct's version (because I've already decided that I'm a WATCHMEN completist). Of course, I will also get any and everything Hot Toys puts out in their line (which I hope is at least the core 6-8 characters).

BTW, in case no one has seen it in the other thread, here is a custom backdrop I made for the Rorschach I'm getting from Josh:

l_3f561dbd6faa47dd8c444b0e497ea754.jpg

I'm getting a Rorschach from DarkArtist - really looks spectacular...don't think Hot Toys could do any better. :D
Hope Josh doesn't mind me posting a pic of the piece - but it really is outstanding. :)

rorshach.jpg

That's a 12" figure? That looks tight. DA's work keeps getting better. :rock

Oh, ^^^^. Looks like ^^^^ing Medicom has the WATCHMEN license, too. Well, at least for their silly Bearbricks:

4085_1.JPG

503a_1.JPG

Absolutely no interest in those, but I now fear Medicom will make a 12" figure or two along with DCD and Hot Toys.

Because I'm close to a WATCHMEN completist (not getting those awful Bearbricks, though) and I would be tempted to buy Medicom's under-sized, over-priced toys. :(

There is a history with Medi doing DC properties at the same time as HT. It might be a good thing. HT doesn't really do scale, and Rorschach should be shorter - perhaps a Medi Rorschach would fit in with HTs of the others...

Because I'm close to a WATCHMEN completist (not getting those awful Bearbricks, though) and I would be tempted to buy Medicom's under-sized, over-priced toys. :(

No, no , no. Just be a completist with a certain company, not EVERYTHING! :google

But like Dave said, maybe a Rorschach from Medi might be better scaled?

Oh, ^^^^. Looks like ^^^^ing Medicom has the WATCHMEN license, too. Well, at least for their silly Bearbricks:

4085_1.JPG

503a_1.JPG

Absolutely no interest in those, but I now fear Medicom will make a 12" figure or two along with DCD and Hot Toys.

:lol What? Why would they even think of making "Bearbricks"?

Back