The Expanded Universe

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much of the EU do you consider to be Star Wars?

• Total voters

Blackhole

Super Freak
Reaction score
How much of the EU do you like? Is it just the films, or do you take everything Lucas says as the Word of God...

As for me, mine's the latter, I love the EU, some great stuff there...

All the above and a little extra... EXCEPT the Star Wars Holiday Special...brrrrrrrrrrr

3044055939_81619396f7.jpg

EU surrounding the prequels and the Clone Wars series itself are pretty good.
KOTOR is also pretty good.

The rest of the EU is crap such as force repelling lizards and living beings that exist outside of the energy field created by ALL LIVING THINGS (Yuuzhon Vong) are ridiculous and inconsistent.
In other words, the main problem with EU was that it was never defined enough by Lucas. SW is great because its philosophy packaged in Sci Fi, but the writers that have done so much of the EU made Sci Fi stories with SW accessories. Since Lucas fleshed out the galaxy much better, the stories have improved.

Some of the EU is fun and interesting but I don't consider it true SW unless its been in the movies. (I also consider Clone Wars and probably the live action series as true SW too.)

Were is the option for NONE? :huh I can't vote on this one.

Although, I wouldn't mind considering KOTOR canon.

Anything with Lucas' hand directly involved, be it directing or producing. Books? Comics? Video games? They're fun, but I don't consider them to be a part of the chronology.

I certainly love the EU. The reason is, that it is NOT WRITTEN BY LUCAS. Who is, quite possibly, the worst writer in this history of the galaxy. Sure, there are some EU stuff that is pure crap, but the main storylines are quite good. Obviously not as epic as the OT, but still good.

Also, there was no opton for the OT and EU....can't stand the PT

Probably not.

But then, 1:6 Chewbacca and R2-D2/C-3P0 figures from Sideshow might never happen, either. :huh

I enjoy the EU, some is better than others, some isn't good at all. I love to read so the EU combines to of my favorite past times. Even when the book isn't that good, it's a fun way to pass a few hours.

As for canon, I really don't think that much about it.

Back