PDA

View Full Version : Advice to All....

Gondor59
09-30-2005, 08:35 PM
My Dad passed away unexpectedly a few hours ago. I loved him dearly. If your parents are still living, tell them you love them every day.

FlyAndFight
09-30-2005, 08:45 PM
My condolences on your loss, Gondor.

Your words could not be more true.

May the Lord's peace be with you and your family.

darkknight-nyc
09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Sorry about your loss G59, :(

My prayers go out to you and your family :angelsmil

:grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

stickman
09-30-2005, 08:46 PM
Gondor I'm very sorry to hear the sad News. I hope you are O.K.
If your need to Talk your family of SS freaks is here to listen. I lost my brother last year, he was only 40. He passed quietly in his sleep on OCT 16, 2004. Once again my friend I hope you are O.K. Check in when you can. May peace with you brother.

The Josh
09-30-2005, 08:55 PM
Gondor,
I am very sorry to read of your loss. I can't imagine what it must be like to loose a parent. I know when I lost my grandmother 6 years ago it really really hurt so if your like me and as close to your folks as I am it has to just be gut renching. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

The Dwimmerlaik
09-30-2005, 09:25 PM
My condolences, but now your father is in a better place :angelsmil

Keano
09-30-2005, 11:15 PM
My condolences Gondor59.

You have got lots of friends here that are with you right now !

My thoughts are with you and your family!

:( :grouphug :grouphug :grouphug

LOTRFan
09-30-2005, 11:35 PM
So sorry to hear that, we truly don't know how long we have on this earth, and things like this cause us to evaluate each and every moment.

Adoptedscot
10-01-2005, 12:57 AM
My Dad passed away unexpectedly a few hours ago. I loved him dearly. If your parents are still living, tell them you love them every day.

My best wishes go to you and your family at this difficult time.I know only too well how the loss of your Dad can affect anyone, I went through it myself not too long ago.

Please use this Board, we are all here for you.
Take good care of yourselves.

Shell
x

gtb
10-01-2005, 01:02 AM
My condolescence to you, may your father goes to the Blessed Lands. :angelsmil

Gondor59
10-01-2005, 02:08 AM
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful, kind words. The folks on this board are like extended family. When the time is right, I will print this thread and give it to my Mom. I know the term "time heals all wounds" is true, but those of you who've gone through this know what a huge, wide gulf something like this opens up.

I've thought several times this morning of the description of Death that Gandalf told to Pippin. Pippin's response was, "Well, thats not so bad, is it?" That is what I'd like to hear from my dad if he could talk to me now.

Thanks for letting me post off topic and your words and thoughts really do make a difference.

Jim.

JSA
10-01-2005, 03:16 AM
My sincere condolences to your family and yourself in this time of loss Jim.

JS :grouphug

Seretur
10-01-2005, 03:35 AM
Whatever little consolation we may give, we'll try to give aplenty.

My deepest condolences.

oxbeard
10-01-2005, 04:01 AM
Gondor, you are definitely in our thoughts. We are here if you need us.

:grouphug

BDboystoys
10-01-2005, 05:53 AM
Sorry to hear of your loss. I cant know how you'd feel at the moment, but your in my thoughts and I wish you all the best in this time. My condolences go out to you and your family. Remember were always here for you.

VTX
10-01-2005, 06:14 AM
I am sorry for your loss but it is only temporary as you will see him again....
Bill

ChrisfromSideshow
10-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Hey Gondor, rest assured your father is in a much less stressful and better place. May he rest in peace and may you find peace in your heart. I haven't lost a parent yet, and while I've come close a few times, I can't relate to how you must feel right now. I wish you the best during this time.

You could not be more right about making sure our loved ones know that we love them.

Dassy
10-01-2005, 06:55 AM
Deepest Sympathy and condolences G59.

Beruthiel
10-01-2005, 07:00 AM
My thoughts and prayers are with you in this stressful time. Having a parent that is now on the decline and waiting for the inevitable, I share your pain. However, we do need to remember that when they pass, they are in a better place. Remember that we are all here to help you thru this pain. I know how important friends are at this time.

GrueSam
10-01-2005, 07:36 AM
Sorry for your loss, Gondor. http://oldtoolsforsale.com/smiley1/hug4.gif

I, too, lost my father. 15 years ago. The pain is much less, but I so miss him. And yes, I tell my mom I love her all the time. :)

Wetanut
10-01-2005, 08:07 AM
My heartfelt condolences. Yes, we are all here in whatever small way we may help.

WetaWork
10-01-2005, 09:44 AM
My condolences to you and your family.

lordsidi
10-01-2005, 09:50 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss...I lost my Mom in a car crash when I was five,and my dad to diabetes about 10 years ago,,and my sister also to a car crash about 3 years ago,so I can understand your feelings now. I only hope that our messages here,show u that you are not alone,and comfort can come even with some kind words from a total stranger on a computer forum site..

FrodoEyes
10-01-2005, 09:55 AM
Good heavens Lordsidi! That's terrible. I couldnt even imagine that..
Deepest condolances to you Gondor, and LS, on your losses.

Deadly Dagger
10-01-2005, 02:30 PM

:eek: :grouphug

SarumanOnNazgulSteed
10-01-2005, 03:20 PM
It's true we forgot to tell the people we care about that they are loved.

Regards Linda

amonhen
10-01-2005, 03:41 PM
So sorry to hear about your loss Jim. No one knows when one's time is up.
My dad died quite a few years ago too, quite unexpectedly and I felt bad as I had not written to him in a while, as I was and still am living in another country.
May the burden get lighter every day. My thoughts are with you.

pitchin
10-01-2005, 03:58 PM
Thanks everyone for your thoughtful, kind words. The folks on this board are like extended family. When the time is right, I will print this thread and give it to my Mom. I know the term "time heals all wounds" is true, but those of you who've gone through this know what a huge, wide gulf something like this opens up.

I've thought several times this morning of the description of Death that Gandalf told to Pippin. Pippin's response was, "Well, thats not so bad, is it?" That is what I'd like to hear from my dad if he could talk to me now.

Thanks for letting me post off topic and your words and thoughts really do make a difference.

Jim.

Yeah......I' not the best with words but those words are very comforting. My condolences to you & all your family.

"End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all change to silver glass...And then you see it. White shores... and beyond. The far green country under a swift sunrise."

occulum
10-01-2005, 05:01 PM
everyone will be thinkin of you in this truely tough time.

I understand what youre going thru very much. I lost my father 5yrs ago the day before valentines day and my mother 1yr later the day after valentines day. both to cancer.

one thing that always helps me is to just keep in mind is that theyre not really gone, it's just gonna be awhile before I get to see them again. :angelsmil

praxitas
10-01-2005, 05:29 PM
Keep your head up and stay strong in knowing you had (i'm assuming) many great times and memories with him and more so that he is now watching over you and your family. Take care man,

prax

Thorongil
10-01-2005, 06:14 PM
This is heavy news my man.
I will be thinking of you these days.

Chris

Welsh Wizard
10-01-2005, 06:27 PM
My Deepest Sympathy and condolences to you Gondor and your family..

Take care mate..we are here for you if you need us..:grouphug :grouphug

WW :grouphug

creecher
10-02-2005, 12:58 AM
I have not yet had this unfortunate experience. My time will come. There is nothing I feel I can say. You have given me strength to face this when my turn comes about. I can only sumise that you and your mother will now be closer than ever. All we have in life is family, and maybe some real friends if we are lucky. Stay strong for each other during this sad time of loss. My thoughts are with you also.

Sarlacc
10-02-2005, 01:39 AM
Sorry to hear that... I lost my mother one year ago, and I know what you are feeling now... I'm with you!

jaffakitkat
10-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Very sorry to hear about your loss. I've been through losing both my parents, and I know how much it hurts. My thoughts are with you.

scriff
10-02-2005, 04:40 AM
Sincerest condolences mate.

Scriff

optimuslives
10-02-2005, 07:42 AM
You are in our thoughts and prayers Gondor.

chaos
10-02-2005, 01:21 PM
My sincerest condolences for you and your family :grouphug

old entish
10-02-2005, 01:25 PM
Sorry to hear of your loss,our thoughts are with you and your family.

Lookin4Precious
10-02-2005, 02:29 PM
Hope for the best in this difficult time. Our thoughts are all with you.

Alice Adrenochrome
10-02-2005, 02:48 PM
Very sorry to hear about this. My family and I would like to wish you all the strength you and your family need to get over this terrible loss. Condolences.

Darth Waller
10-02-2005, 09:11 PM
The loss of a parent is not easy to get over. I lost my mother to Alzheimer's last year, just four months before the birth of my daughter (which would have been her first grandchild). I know that she's looking down upon us now and smiles with me every time my daughter does something new.

My condolences to you and your family in this time of sorrow.

snakeyes
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM

Fritz
10-03-2005, 08:53 AM
My Deepest Sympathy and Condolences to both you and your family. I also lost my father in January of this year so I have a feeling of what you're going through. Take solace in knowing he's in a better place.

Mr Fell Beast
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
I am sorry for your loss..............

I hear you on enjoying your parents to the fullest! My father had a heart transplant 14 years ago, seeing on how close he was to passing on, and understand how very precious the time is one has with ones parents. Yes go, visit, call your parents OFTEN, trust me they will enjoy it..........

Sympathy and Condolences to you and your family.............. :peace

Darth Rage
10-05-2005, 05:40 PM
My sincerest condolences. I lost my father when I was seven. I do the best I can everyday to be a great dad to my daughter. Hopefully you have some great memories to cherish. Always remember the good.

Into the West....

leebgb
10-05-2005, 05:51 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that. My deepest sympathy and condolences. :grouphug

Nemo Nint
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
Wow Gondor, and everyone!
Your messages are so full of meaning and truth.. ahhhh wow
I'm saddened by your loss and what it would be doing to you now and what it must have been doing this past week. I can't say much since I haven't lost a parent, but I've lost 5-6 close dear friends in the last couple years including a pet just a week ago in my hands. I think they may have matured me a couple decades.

When it all comes down to it, does anything really matter in this life except love, and hoping for life beyond?

If only we could all do one big real group hug.... :grouphug sigh

My thoughts and prayors will be with you continually.

PM