Mutants in the house!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darklord Dave

Super Freak
Reaction score
Funny that the Mutant Jailer and Leader were shipping around the same time but I just got the jailor today. But just got another pre-ship notice, so perhaps the Leader arrives tomorrow. Not that you can tell the difference from the boxes. The jailor uses the same box as the leader with the edition of a large sticker noting the difference. But I don't think Ape aficionados are going to mind that cost saving with that, as they didn't skimp anywhere else with this guy.

The head looks great, the outside face fits perfectly over the mutant face and doesn't look oversized in the least. He's also wearing a full outfit under the robe down to his slippers and socks. Okay, the accessories aren't plentiful, just the big book and little control rod thingie (and stand of course). I don't remember the character at all, but he's pretty cool I think and I doubt Ape fans will be disappointed.

PICS!!! Please. I can't wait I don't get mine till tuesday. I'm not sure what SSTC is sending, if it is the Leader or the Jailor. Maybe some pics of the outfit under the robe. Thanks a bunch!

Last edited:
I got my shipping notice for the Jailor too, strange that they never mentioned this figure in any of the Newsletters. They only mentioned the regular Mutant as shipping. :dunno
I'll be getting mine on Tuesday, the same day that my 1:18 scale Batmobile Tumbler will be arriving! :blissy

Got the leader today. He's packed with the robe on the side so you can see the outfit underneath. Didn't realize he has the same accessories, but he looks to be just as good.

I've always viewed the Mutant Jailor as the exclusive version of the Mutant Leader with the exclusive piece being a different mask. I'm assuming that the mutant head will be the same for both figures. That would explain the same box being used.

Sideshow also used the same box for both the Astronaut Brent and Slave Brent, although they had some raised letters on the box stating the difference.

It will be interesting to see what these Mutants have under their robes. :horror

Okay, okay...so you've seen him with the mask on.
mutant1.jpg

mutant2.jpg

mutant3.jpg

mutant4.jpg

mutant5.jpg

Yeah, thanks Dave for the pix!

So the Mutant DON"T come with their individually colored clothes underneath. I really didn't expect that they would, so I'm not really disappointed. Just some generic "mutant looking" shirt. Anyway, I'm going to display my pair in "church goin' mode" so it really doesn't matter what is underneath.

The sculpting and painting of the Mutant head appears again to be top-notch. Yet... it's funny though, the mutant is supposed to have lost all pigmention of the skin... but Sideshow still finds the need to color the lips a darker color. :google

I'm getting mine on Wednesday... I can't wait! :banana

So until there are more Sideshow POTA announcements... these guys are it.

Last edited:
I won't be getting mine until the 5th. Your pictures make my mouth water and I can hardly wait till the Mutants arrive. Thanks for the pics

Got my Mutant Jailor, looks great although they missed painting some veins on his head it's a very cool figure. :D
One thing I didn't like was that Sideshow used the twisty tie through the cardboard again, it didn't go under his clothes it's just that I hate the cardboard backing having holes since I sometimes display my figures in their boxes with the backing.

I also got my Batmobile, now the Batmobile was shipped UPS ground two days before Sideshow shipped out my Mutant and both items came on the same day (UPS took longer), Fedex was about an hour earlier then UPS too. And in tracking the packages, UPS package changed hands more often then the Fedex package, and the result with UPS was that the box was a little dinged up (I'm glad the shipper packed the item well!). The Fedex box was in much better condition.
I've had this problem with UPS in the past and I'm glad Sideshow uses Fedex even if it costs a bit more.
And by the way the 1:18 scale Batmobile Tumbler rocks! :joy
But I haven't figured out how to move the canopy back (I had the same problem with the 1:18 scale batmobile from the first movie).

Got my second mutant today. Both look good in the box so far. I'm glad they packaged one wearing robe, and one not. ONly complaint about the sculpts is that the jailer's expression is based on the still where he's being killed.

Oh, and the regular mutant came with a free Froud faery polystone figure. Which I don't collect, so, not as cool as last xmas' Twilight Zone freebie, but still a very nice gesture. Thanks Sideshow!

70sCinema said:
ONly complaint about the sculpts is that the jailer's expression is based on the still where he's being killed.

Which wouldn't be all THAT bad if he came with one of the weapons he threw into the cell that they eventually attacked him with.

Ironman1188 said:
Which wouldn't be all THAT bad if he came with one of the weapons he threw into the cell that they eventually attacked him with.

Right. Or a door where Brent and Taylor could press him like a Cuban sandwich.

70sCinema said:
Got my second mutant today. Both look good in the box so far. I'm glad they packaged one wearing robe, and one not. ONly complaint about the sculpts is that the jailer's expression is based on the still where he's being killed.

Oh, and the regular mutant came with a free Froud faery polystone figure. Which I don't collect, so, not as cool as last xmas' Twilight Zone freebie, but still a very nice gesture. Thanks Sideshow!

I NEVER get freebies! :dunno

You're not alone PZ. I haven't received any free gifts except the bracelet and key ring, which I have about ten of each. :banghead
Other people I know have ordered the same things that I have have and gotten a DVD or Fairy figure. I haven't seen any of these :confused:

The only bracelet and key ring I've ever got was at SDCC. I NEVER even get those! :banghead

I've been lucky with the freebies. Last year I got a Twilight Zone Gremlin. In the past month I received a Faery figurine and the Zoot Muppets bust. Sideshow really goes out of the way for their customers. I'm sure everyone will get something at some point. This isn't a rare thing for them to do. :cool:

Seeing how popular the PotA line is, I know you wont mind me dragging this thread so far out of the past. I won the Mutant Leader in the Funtacular. Thanks Wetanut.

No-one mentioned his body is mauve. Is this accurate for a mutant? Very strange. He may even be anatomically correct for all I know. Without a title on his book, I couldn't tell which way was up. It is a shame this accessory was so badly distorted by the packaging style. Whoever did the writing on the pages did a great job. All over a very nice figure, good job Mat.

Back