Hobbit bodies and parts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have concerns about the ability of Frodo's coat to serve as Pippin's.

First, you have to be able to sew... to shorten it to the proper length.

Second, it's red/brown...and might not bleach well. If it doesn't, or turns some weird bright shade, it will be very difficult if not impossible to DYE it to the correct BLUE shade.

I'm still on the hunt for a jacket that can work for Pip with easy dying.

Yeah, keep us informed.

I am not looking for 100% film accuracy, hell even if Sideshow had made them there is a good chance they would not have bee completely accurate. Passable is what I am looking for at this point.

The sculpts will sell the figs as likenesses more than the minute detail in the clothing..... but I am still going to do everything in power to make them as accurate as possible. Even if that means learning how to sew! :lol

Believe it or not I'm searching 'Barbie' for the jacket. :D Don't kill me. That doesn't necessarily mean it will be "Barbie" clothing, it's just that a lot of odd bits get thrown into that area. And I have found many unique clothing items that way before. You have to be really patient and diligent though. But I'm sure there must be a simple jacket that is either white or tan (to be dyed) or blue that could work. Plus, being for a "Barbie" type doll it should be smaller cut and fit the Hobbit nicely. But it may take several weeks...and there's no guarantee there will be mass numbers of that jacket type if found.

That said, nothing on there right now.

I ordered up a regular Frodo from Red Planet and picked up an extra Sam sword and scabbard set from Toy Anxiety. I think I've got the bases covered for weapons. I don't feel the need to pay a premium price for Frodo's Weathertop sword and scabbard exclusive.

I might play the field for a while here. Even after the sculpt is done it'll be many moons for a painter to get done with it.

Fireside is not a functioning company right now as far as I know. Bob hasn't updated his site in ages. So I would stay clear of Fireside as an alternative for now.

Back