Sideshow Indy hits the UK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi everybody! This is my first post here. I have a pre-order with FP. Any ideas when it will be arriving? Or should I switch to Play.com instead? Hope to get it before Christmas.

FP are hopeless with release dates, but I did get an email from Sideshow stating that half their UK 'Distributors' have stock and they are shipping to the other half now. (the distributors then pass the items on to the 'shops').
My order is with FP too, I hope its gonna be here by Christmas, its been a long wait and as ever the UK gets things last it seems. Oh well! better late than never!

My original oreder was with FPi, I called them yesterday morning to see if they had any idea of an ETA for Indy.They had no idea when they'll be getting him...
forbiddenplant.com has him down as arriving in February if that's any use to anyone.

Cheers,
Doug

PS, welcome to the boards Jan10! Are you any relation to Ben? :)

Modellers loft, Play & Amazon Uk all list now as in stock, looks more hopeful FP will have/get stock soon (maybe already!, who knows!).

Called up FP yesterday and was told that they have some coming in which will be dispatched to those who ordered in the 1st batch.

Doug, who's Ben? Don't think I know him.

Hey all...I got my email from Play saying Indy was posted on Friday(After sitting on the pre-order list for nearly a year!)...Its now 1.00pm on monday and I'm getting antsy...anyone else got theirs yet?...I know christmas post is pretty crappy, but most everything That Play has shipped to me in the past on a friday has arrived by now....I know its too early to start worrying, but I can't help it!

Got my e from play on Friday AM, no dign of Indy yet though, I guess he'll be arriving tomorrow. Always thought he would as I don't get home until late on Tuesdays :)

Cheers
Doug

He arrived this morning and I'd like to say he's the best Indy figure I've ever seen. I'd like to say that but sadly I can't. Maybe I should wait until I've recovered from the shock before commenting further but I'm so angry I can't keep it in.

I didn't get involved in the "screen accurate", "this isn't Raiders Indy" etc discussion because frankly I thought anybody who seriously expected an Indy variant for each movie was either extremely naive or....let's leave it at that. I may not have the encyclopaedic knowledge of the character some others on these boards have, but I know 1/6 scale figures, having been a collector since my first GI Joe in 1965, and I've got more than 500 of the little buggers displayed in various locations in my house (my wife's reaction's another matter).
This all having been said, my opinion is that Christmas was the right time of year for him to arrive because he's a complete turkey. My reasons are as follows:

1. The body. Floppy as a rag doll. I've fixed the neck and ankles by using some strategically placed Blu Tac but the hips are a disgrace. The head is hopelessly oversized, and will be even if you swap to a HotToys body, in which case the trousers will be far too short. The shoulders are far too narrow and so far I've not been able to pad them so they look right.
2. The outfit. Fine except for the whip holder and magnets. I couldn't get it to close with the whip in place, and the magnet broke loose when I tried to close it. The bag also barely stays closed. Don't forget the rear straps on the jacket which are a completely different colour and material from the rest.

What a fiasco. What a let down, particularly after the Medicom disaster. I can't believe that one of the most popular, critically acclaimed, and well loved movie characters has been served so poorly. Hopefully Hot Toys will get the licence one day and show how it should be done. Until then my favourite Indy will be my own customised custom figure.

Sorry to be so negative but this should have been the 1/6 figure to beat them all but it's a failure in so many ways.

Well, I'm not a happy bunny either.
Completely different reason though....
Play's parcel arrived this morning, Mrs Wolf very kindly brought it into work with her so I didn't have to wait until 2100 to open it. All very good so far. I pop up to get the parcel and lurking inside is an invoice for Indy wrapped around an Xbox 360 game. I'm amazed at how inefficient Play's warehouse is.
Bah!

Cheers,
Doug

Well, I'm not a happy bunny either.
Completely different reason though....
Play's parcel arrived this morning, Mrs Wolf very kindly brought it into work with her so I didn't have to wait until 2100 to open it. All very good so far. I pop up to get the parcel and lurking inside is an invoice for Indy wrapped around an Xbox 360 game. I'm amazed at how inefficient Play's warehouse is.
Bah!

Cheers,
Doug

what game & did they charge you for the game?

Lips, came with two mic's, never heard of it before :)

Don't think I made it very clear in my rant that Indy wasn't in play's excuse for a package (or a bin bag with some sellotape, as we call it in my house).

Cheers,
Doug

Still Waiting for mine....getting a litttle worried though, as It was posted on friday, and we've had a few parcels from elsewhere that were sent on monday........

Back