Updates on past releases by Sideshow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you be down for upgrades from SS on previously done characters?

• Total voters

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
This is probably either going to stir the hornets nest or get ignored but, I got to thinking, after the great many leaps SS has taken in costuming and sculpting, would you necessarily be against updates of past figures if they had a new sculpt and the costuming was updated as well, i.e. more correct colors. The ones that come to mind immediately are a new Ep III Anakin and Bespin Han. However I wouldn't include a character like Jedi Luke who could still be done in an Endor or DSII Version.

No. If they remake an existing figure instead of making a Lando or Wedge or Non-Snow-Bunny-Padme or Bail Organa, I'll riot.

Not much wrong with the EPIII Anakin, IMO. The outfit is near perfect, just a below average headsculpt and paint, but its not bad by any means. I'd rather see Ep I or II Anakin instead.

Also, while the Bespin Han is pretty weak, I'd prefer a Hoth Han.

I'd rather they keep moving forward with entirely new characters or different incarnations of characters than revisit the past.

I dunno, my main reasoning is that some things from the past like Han's jacket or the colors on Anakin would probably be better now than if they had been done so early in the line. Also Han could really use a new headsculpt..

It may just be the fact that my Bespin Han is a repaint and Smuggler Han still has the prod Paint apps but I actually prefer the Bespin version.

I dunno, my main reasoning is that some things from the past like Han's jacket or the colors on Anakin would probably be better now than if they had been done so early in the line. Also Han could really use a new headsculpt..

Whenever Han Hoth is released I'll just use that head sculpt to replace my Han Bespins.

I voted "no". It would have to be significantly different if I were to justify getting a re-issue. Bespin Han is the only one I have a problem with and I've passed on him so far even though he's my favourite character. I would definitely get him if he was remade better. But I'm fairly pleased with most of the other characters. I'm holding out hope that Sideshow will make a Hoth Han with a better headsculpt. I would get that and eventually get just the head of the new Han and place it on a Bespin Han (I'm also considering getting a Smuggler Han head).

I think its a bit wishful thinking to think that a 2008/2009 Han Bespin jacket would be anything different than what they made before. The smuggler Han vest came out pretty darn similar. I think the only thing that could make it different is if SSC tailored the jacket with the prometheus in mind.

I was actually thinking of trying the jacket ON the Pro body, since it seems to be a bit smaller over all but I don't feel like digging my Han Solo out at the moment.

I wouldn't mind if they just made new headsculpts to swap out. Get some heads that aren't oversized and based on the flesh-colored material so that it looks better. I would definitely get these if they did heads only:
Jedi Luke
Bespin Han
ROTS Obi-Wan
ROTS Anakin

I think the SDCC Anakin is already a nice upgrade on the original release. The paint on that version is fantastic and really makes the sculpt sing.

I would like to see a redone ROTS Obi-Wan on the Prometheus with a smaller noggin and his hair and beard painted the proper strawberry blonde color as opposed to dark brown. He also needs the two finger gesture left hand from the Grievous saber fight.

Ive thought about it but that would need altering as well as that collar is def. too large. Also not sure if it is navy blue or black. AND it's pretty expensive to get that figure, oddly enough. :lol

In the Star Wars lineup, the only ones I'd really welcome a second release on are ROTS Anakin and Obi-Wan. With Anakin, I'd like the same costume in the proper clothes and of course improved paint apps also welcome, but the lip paint never bothered me as much as others. With Obi-Wan, I'd like to see his hair more like the Clone Obi-Wan color and his beard done with the same quality apps. Clone Obi-Wan has probably the best mass painted beard work I've ever seen and a ROTS Obi-Wan of the same quality would just be stunning. Andy's sculpt is great, just want to see it painted with current quality.

Back