The THING and Ardeth Bey 1:1 busts

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This 1:1 line is going to be very tempting. But I'm afraid I'm going to have to find some self control somewhere. Why o Why do the next offerings have to be Thing and Ardeth Bay :banghead :banghead :banghead But I have to resist

Yeah,it kind of sucks that Sideshow is playing out of my price range.Oh well,I don't have any room left for display after the 1/4th scale figures anyway.

Oh, hell yeah. Can't wait to see that Karlof. My CineArt Frankenstein and Phantom busts need company. Hopefully a Lugosi will be coming soon.

......how much are these things....?

Ardeth Bay

I am so all over that Ardeth Bey bust! I hope it looks as good as, well, I HOPE it does! :rolleyes: :banana

Just read the newsletter, can't wait for Karloff!
This next phase of Universal Monsters collecting will be impressive, and rather costly, HELP! :horror

Sounds great!!

I only hope these bust are a little more reasonable in price than SS's other busts.

Ardeth Bay is a great choice!! :horror I only wish that it was a PE figure instead of a bust. :banghead

WHERE'S MY 1/4 MUMMY?!?! :tap I'm waiting SS. :zzwhip

I cannot wait for the Ardath Bey bust and my fingers are crossed for a definitive Lugosi Dracula. Any news on who did the sculpting honors for Karloff? The Thing seems like a natural for Mike Hill and having seen the progress shots for his life-sized Frankenstein bust, I know he could do Karloff the justice a legend deserves.

Nick

I think that's just a fancy way of describing the sculpted rock texture.... As opposed to the Thing bust being made out of real stone.

so how is this gonna differ from the 1:1 bust already out there by another company.........by the look of the profile, it looks exactly the same

Wasn't the other 1/1 Thing bust based on Alex Ross' work?
They are out of my price range so I won't be getting any but if I could I'd only be interested in that Darkness Bust. :drool

screamingmetal said:
Wasn't the other 1/1 Thing bust based on Alex Ross' work?
They are out of my price range so I won't be getting any but if I could I'd only be interested in that Darkness Bust. :drool

This is a problem I'm going to have when they make a Creature from the Black Lagoon bust.Having seen the Predator bust up close recently I can only imagine how detailed it will be,but I expect the price point is going to be obscene.

Well, I have already decided...

...that no matter how big a fan of the Univeral Monsters I am, that I am not buying anything 1:1 scale. I do not have the room. I also see how much the things are going to retail for ($600 for Darth Maul, $800+ for Predator as indicators). This means I also do not have the money. I always knew Sideshow would eventually get too big for me. I would be happy to purchase a 1/4 scale Mummy and Creature if they could keep them affordable. But I won't continue beyond those 2 pieces in the high dollar stuff. It doesn't make sense to me to have so much stuff that you cannot display it all, or that you have to go in debt for "toys". I hope they continue the 12" line though. They are affordable and I like them. Looking forward to lurking around and seeing online pics of everyone else's 1:1 stuff though. I just won't be buying any of them. :survivor

Anton Phibes said:
...that no matter how big a fan of the Univeral Monsters I am, that I am not buying anything 1:1 scale. I do not have the room. I also see how much the things are going to retail for ($600 for Darth Maul, $800+ for Predator as indicators). This means I also do not have the money. I always knew Sideshow would eventually get too big for me. I would be happy to purchase a 1/4 scale Mummy and Creature if they could keep them affordable. But I won't continue beyond those 2 pieces in the high dollar stuff. It doesn't make sense to me to have so much stuff that you cannot display it all, or that you have to go in debt for "toys". I hope they continue the 12" line though. They are affordable and I like them. Looking forward to lurking around and seeing online pics of everyone else's 1:1 stuff though. I just won't be buying any of them. :survivor

You won't be alone. I'm sure that no matter how many of us like the piece, very few will actually pull the trigger on them. While I do have the 1:1 HB and Maul preordered, that's likely it for me. I really want to focus more on the 1/4 PF. And even though they are pricey too, they are definitely more managable than 1:1 busts

Back