Clothes for Merry and Pippin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pixletwin

Malalaking Gagamba
Staff member
Super Moderator
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my recipe which I posted in the other thread. Dave, can we merge (or just copy) the conversation that was going on there to be here?

Here is the break down of how I am using Frodo and Sam for Merry and Pippin

merryandpippin3.jpg

1375.jpg

Merry

1. Sam's white shirt
2. Frodo's Vest (dyed yellow)
3. Frodo's jacket (dyed forest green)
4. Sam's Pants (dyed dark brown)
5. Frodo's weathertop sword and scabbard
6. Frodo's cloak (dyed grey)
7. Frodo's elven cloak.

Pippin

1. Frodo's shirt (sam's is prolly closer to accuracy but with the scarf it shouldn't matter)
2. Frodo's jacket (dyed light dark blue-green and altered to be shorter)
3. Frodo's pants (dyed dark green)
4. Sam's sword and scabbard from weather top.
5. Sam's cloak (dyed Auburn or charcoal? Its hard to tell from pics which color it was)
6. Sam's elven cloak.

Really it all comes down to the scarf. How to do that is the hardest part (seriously) about this whole custom job.

Last edited:
excellent thread! i have two of the hobbits already so when i get the heads i'll just have to head over to a dye totorial and figure out how to do it.

It looks like Pippin is wearing a vest there too. :slap

Like a white shirt peeking out from under some kind of thermal-type vest.

Nope, the embroidery on the shirt just makes it look that way in that particular picture.

Pip's scarf is gonna be a hard one to copy. I once knitted something small using cake testers but that pattern would be almost impossible. If someone can figure me out how wide and long the scarf should be, I would appreciate it. I'll try to figure out something. I have an extra long Christmas break this year, so I'll play around with it a bit.

As for Pip's shirt. I'm great at embroidery, but....eek!

Clothes are going to be hard... And as for the suspenders, they ALL had them.. But for some reason Sideshow didn't include them on Sam and Frodo. I noticed when I was doing research for my Crack of Doom versions. :banghead

Merry and Pippin are going to be HARD to get outfitted in a manner that is accurate.

i don't think i've touched an iron since i grabed one by the base not realizing it was on (if somebody ever asks for an iron i will no longer reach behind me without looking and grab it for them)

funny thing is that was to try an iron on thing as well.

Merry&Pippin.jpg

Is the pattern only on the front of Pips shirt or on the sleeves and back as well?

I might cop out on the intricate detail of the pattern and make it simply faintly striped in the proper colors. The pattern is so fine that in 1/6 scale it may just blur together as stripes anyway.

Question: Since this is a private forumn, anyone mind if we break out into VERY VERY specific threads for easy reference. For instance: A thread dedicated to Pip's scarf and another for his shirt, etc?

Anyway, here is a link to something I googled regarding a pattern for Pips scarf. https://knitterstalk.com/showthread.php?tid=29

Specific threads would be good I think.

As for the iron-on transfers - I had some great success with making military patches, although I printed on an inkjet cloth paper rather than printing it to be ironed onto another garment. But tiny details are easy to capture if you have the right art.

So for the most part, will one Frodo and one Sam be sufficient to bash Merry and Pip? As far a clothing goes?

Back