Will Sideshow tank entirely because of the economy?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dleebatman1

Freakalicious
Reaction score
I don't mean go bankrupt or dissolve as a company, but it certainly seems to be less enthusiatic about any new 1/6 items. There have been no more New Line or military figures, and its taking forever for the new Indy line to crawl into steady existence. Will Sideshow destroy its own 1/6 line?

Sideshow hasn't been about 1/6 for a very long time. Actually they're poised to ride out the recession fairly well I'd imagine. If they were more geared to 1/6 which has a more economically sensitive fanbase, they might be in trouble. But the vast majority of their customers are the higher end customer who aren't necessarily going to stop buying because of the recession.

I don't mean go bankrupt or dissolve as a company, but it certainly seems to be less enthusiatic about any new 1/6 items. There have been no more New Line or military figures, and its taking forever for the new Indy line to crawl into steady existence. Will Sideshow destroy its own 1/6 line?

I Hope They do some Bernie Wrightson's Frankenstein 1:6 Scale Figures first!:D Color, Black & White & Faux Bronze! :D

Sideshow tank entirely because of the economy? NOT A CHANCE :D

Yup, they are done and gone next week. Might as well go ahead and log yourself out of this site and never come back.

Sideshow hasn't been about 1/6 for a very long time. ... But the vast majority of their customers are the higher end customer who aren't necessarily going to stop buying because of the recession.

Agree 100%, only thing that might hurt them a bit are the increasing edition sizes.

I think Sideshow is hurting a bit right now but i don't think their end is near or anything drastic like that. You can tell they are adjusting to the changing economy by how they added a few steps to their cancellation system and also by the fact that they are sending out more emails trying to get people to bite on related items.

Sideshow hasn't been about 1/6 for a very long time. Actually they're poised to ride out the recession fairly well I'd imagine. If they were more geared to 1/6 which has a more economically sensitive fanbase, they might be in trouble. But the vast majority of their customers are the higher end customer who aren't necessarily going to stop buying because of the recession.
Not that I think that there is any reason for Sideshow to "tank," but I don't exactly see how those who typically spend more money on their toys should be less affected by the economy (in terms of their buying habits) than those who typically spend less. Isn't everyone being hit by this? Why are those who collect 1/6 figures more "economically sensitive," exactly? Engineers and PhDs are losing their jobs, too.

I think what you guys have to remember is that this forum is for the hardcore Sideshow fans. Most people don't care that much or devote so much time and money to these toys. If money becomes tight, these luxury purchases will be the first to go. I myself have cut back significantly.

The day that Sideshow tanks entirely because of the economy is the day Lonnie sells me his Son of Frankenstein SSE 12 Inch Figure......:lol:rotfl IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN FREAKS!:D SIDESHOW IS FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!:D

Sideshow's not going anywhere, but I think all of the collectible companies are in for a rough time in the coming months when the ramifications of this economic crisis really start to sink in.

Sideshow isn't forever... no company is. It feels as though Sideshow has recently experienced a nice growth in popularity but sustaining that comes with great work and effort. If they make some bad mistakes as a company they could quickly go the way of the buffalo. Nothing is permanent.

:moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon :moon
Thread rated:
--> :dump<--​

How is it that the Indy line is "crawling into existence?!" We've got 3 figures and 2 dios already announced. This would be wholly more relevant in the LOTR forum who's 12" line has been laid to rest or G.I. Joe thread where there hasn't been an announcement in almost 6 months.

Last edited:
dleebatman1 -- I'm calling copyright infringement on your avatar! Don't you check ALL avatars before you choose one?

:D

Kidding...

Nice choice of avatar.

I think Sideshow will adapt accordingly to the economy. They seem to have their act together better than most collectible companies, so I think they'll weather this. Though, it depends alot on what is gonna happen. If this is a recession (and a bad one) then they will survive. If this is something worse. Given that some think we haven't even hit rock bottom and there may be a bounce before the plunge. Well, I think alot of people will have alot more to worry about then whether they can get an exclusive or not. Looking at the job numbers and the way they are being sheared, the dominoes are just starting to fall.

Back