Dark Knight DVD UK Versions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jokes & Bats

Super Freak
Reaction score
Is it just me or does there seem to be a serious lack of special dvd versions of the film in the UK? I went to all the supermarkets, HMV and Zavvi today and they are only selling the same basic version...slip cover over a plastic box.
I was excited for a metal tin/ steelbook or something in HMV wth an exclusive cover..just ANYTHING but no all we get is the *Two Disc Special Edition*...its not special, its the ONLY edition! Lucky guys in USA seem to have statues and batpods and masks and what not with theirs but why not here in the uk? the only exclusive i can find is one with a comic book from play.com? but they seem to have stopped advertising it with that now. anyone else feel a little dissapointed? Hell Boy Two came out today as well and HMV had every special editon metal tin/statue version, slip cover under the sun....whats happened with out Special Dark Knights!!...even after taking the slip cover off, the inner box isnt even jokerised as most were advertised!

what do u think guys?

Is it just me or does there seem to be a serious lack of special dvd versions of the film in the UK? I went to all the supermarkets, HMV and Zavvi today and they are only selling the same basic version...slip cover over a plastic box.
I was excited for a metal tin/ steelbook or something in HMV wth an exclusive cover..just ANYTHING but no all we get is the *Two Disc Special Edition*...its not special, its the ONLY edition! Lucky guys in USA seem to have statues and batpods and masks and what not with theirs but why not here in the uk? the only exclusive i can find is one with a comic book from play.com? but they seem to have stopped advertising it with that now. anyone else feel a little dissapointed? Hell Boy Two came out today as well and HMV had every special editon metal tin/statue version, slip cover under the sun....whats happened with out Special Dark Knights!!...even after taking the slip cover off, the inner box isnt even jokerised as most were advertised!

what do u think guys?

i know man its so annoying, i just import everything from the usa. Thank the lord for multi-region dvd players!:lol

I know what you mean Play.com offered "art cards" which is basically just 3 post cards and HMV had a comic book. I called up and that was only for the DVD version, Blu-Ray got sod all! (Except that crappy looking mask folding case)
Mask Edition

Bought it from Sainsbury's in the end and have the U.S. Batpod version on order.

On the plus side the extra's look stunning in HD and I'll be watching the movie after tea tonight.

While the movie's the important thing it's just a shame to feel that once again the UK's gotten short changed on this and have to resort to paying import fee's with a weak pound and shipping costs.

Not particularly bothered about owning a special edition with snazzy boxes n extras.

But I have to say I only saw this once in the cinemas. Bought and watched it last night... loved it... and I knew it... I want to buy all the HT figures & vehicles now! :monkey2

Must... not... give... in :monkey4

It's great living in Britain, innit?

I mean all that sunshine my folks get in SoCal, it's bad for you!!, :rolleyes:Gas back down to less than $3, it's not environmentally acceptable is it? :horror
And don't get me started on the price of clothes etc. I mean you get what you pay for!!!!:wacky

No, I just love living in grey, dark, ^^^^^***g freezing cold, rip off, Britain.:banghead:banghead:banghead

Or is it just that my wife won't move:confused:

Englands a beautiful country.Just let down by generations of short-sighted inept politicians.And id get bored by constant sunshine.Would nt want to live anywhere else.

I just got my dvd batpod version. Looks ok but they could have been better if they have added details on the base and dvd case itself. I guess this version will be arriving in your country in 2 weeks or so.

England wants to have everything America has, and in America we want everything Japan has. An endless cycle of envy. lol.

It's not that we want it, we just resent having to pay twice as much to get half the amount.

I do love living here, of course there's elements we'd all change about our own countries

and who does Japan want to be? :lol

It's not that we want it, we just resent having to pay twice as much to get half the amount.

Well that's what I mean.. the stuff we buy here is half as cheap in Japan/China/etc. Plus they get package deals that we never get or have to special order (especially for Videogames and stuff).

and who does Japan want to be? :lol

Like England? :rotfl

Well that's what I mean.. the stuff we buy here is half as cheap in Japan/China/etc. Plus they get package deals that we never get or have to special order (especially for Videogames and stuff).

Good point I forgot they do a lot of their own exclusives.

Our one's for the Dark Knight were pitiful
"art cards" a glorified post card basically

and the comic wouldn't have been too bad, except it was only available with the DVD

The really hilarious thing I found was when you started the disc up and you had the FBI warning with the dollar fine. Me thinks they've been very cheap when manufacturing this disc for other teritories.

I'm pretty sure the FBI has no jurisdiction here whatsoever.

The really hilarious thing I found was when you started the disc up and you had the FBI warning with the dollar fine. Me thinks they've been very cheap when manufacturing this disc for other teritories.

I'm pretty sure the FBI has no jurisdiction here whatsoever.

of course not, the fbi is the like the federal domestic police of the states.
But that does not mean that the laws of your own country do not penalize illegal actions concidering authors rights...most countries do, and it's safe to assume Britain has rules about that...with maybe an ever greater fine than the FBI's...

What the ^^^^? When did this become a thread about how ^^^^ Britain is?

Britain is ^^^^ing brilliant. I seriously love my country more than life itself. It is free, we may not have hot weather all the time but at least we get some work done, we can laugh at ourselves, and we don't take any crap from other countries. If you'd ever been abroad you'd realise that most of the rest of the world is a complete fuc king ^^^^^hole. And British women are by far the most fuc kable on the entire ^^^^ing planet.

Enough with the anti British rhethoric because some DVD didn't come with a little plastic batman or whatever.

And British women are by far the most fuc kable on the entire ^^^^ing planet.

I disagree, I have to my girlfriends' Dutch :lol

I don't remember reading any anti-british statement in the thread.

of course not, the fbi is the like the federal domestic police of the states.
But that does not mean that the laws of your own country do not penalize illegal actions concidering authors rights...most countries do, and it's safe to assume Britain has rules about that...with maybe an ever greater fine than the FBI's...

and absolutely we do, it wasn't the copy protection thing that I found odd. It was the FBI warning, those I've only seen on American import Blu-Rays, never on a UK disc, meaning that they just used a direct port of the American one, which seems somewhat lazy.

The hilarious parody of out Anti-Piracy trailer from the I.T. Crowd
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/VUNfynI8bdA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/VUNfynI8bdA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Can't find the real one, guess no one has the balls to pirate it and put it on YouTube :lol

Britain is ^^^^ing brilliant. I seriously love my country more than life itself. It is free, we may not have hot weather all the time but at least we get some work done, we can laugh at ourselves, and we don't take any crap from other countries. If you'd ever been abroad you'd realise that most of the rest of the world is a complete fuc king ^^^^^hole. And British women are by far the most fuc kable on the entire ^^^^ing planet.

Enough with the anti British rhethoric because some DVD didn't come with a little plastic batman or whatever.

:lol Were you on the beer when you wrote that? Also, depsite being born and living in England, I've never been out with a pure blooded English woman. Nothing against them at all... things just havent panned out that way. Are you saying English birds are loose? :p

Errr back on track...

:lol Were you on the beer when you wrote that? Also, depsite being born and living in England, I've never been out with a pure blooded English woman. Nothing against them at all... things just havent panned out that way. Are you saying English birds are loose? :p

Errr back on track...

When I say British I mean British, which has nothing to do with 'blood' (last time I heard, blood cells didn't come stamped with a country of origin) colour, race, or God knows what else... a girl can be British if she's only been in the country five minutes, if she wants to be. And she's lovelier for it, because we have the best values in the world.

You deserve your name Captain!

And although I hate the place most of the time, I must agree with you in some ways because I've lived here most of my life even though I have travelled all around the world. Plus I suppose we don't get earthquakes, bush fires, hurricanes (87?) typhoons etc.

Plus I married a British bird and after 25 years and two kids we're still going strong, even though she loves Britain as much as you!

Oh well:banghead

Back