PDA

View Full Version : Punisher War Zone Movie

Natrix
06-12-2008, 06:36 PM
Meh...

http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/06/12/must-watch-first-punisher-war-zone-teaser-trailer/

creature4000
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
The first one was good... this one... can't be worse.. can it?

p!tu
06-12-2008, 06:39 PM
dont know what to think yet

Shai
06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
no interest in this at all....Is this produce by Marvel Studios?

p!tu
06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
no interest in this at all....Is this produce by Marvel Studios?

good question!

Darth Loki
06-12-2008, 06:47 PM
I think I'm one of the few that actually liked the first one.

I still don't know what to think of this though. It'll be a good movie to take my Dad to though.

urbanfreddy
06-12-2008, 07:10 PM
he kind of looks like sideshow 1/4 punisher
http://img104.imageshack.us/img104/120/picture101gw1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Batty
06-12-2008, 07:20 PM
Ray Stevenson was great in HBO's Rome. This looks...not so great.

NIGHTCRAWLER
06-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Ray Stevenson was great in HBO's Rome. This looks...not so great.

i agree with ya

djklambake
06-12-2008, 08:08 PM
I think I'll be more entertained by a repeat viewing of Dolph Lundgren's "Punisher" than I will with this probable piece of crap.

Hew
06-12-2008, 08:12 PM
*Caugh*

Boondock Saints!!!

EVILFACE
06-12-2008, 08:22 PM
Thomas Jane was sooooooooooooooooooo much better.

Darth Loki
06-12-2008, 08:36 PM
*Caugh*

Boondock Saints!!!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

I thought the same thing when I saw it

Darklord Dave
06-12-2008, 09:19 PM
I don't know where all the negativity is coming from - this looks great! He looks like Frank should look and I like the outfit. And New York instead of Tampa, thank god. Some of those images were taken straight from the Bradstreet book.

CombustedGremlin
06-13-2008, 01:14 AM
I liked the first movie a lot. It was clever and action-packed. This just looks like a lot of nonsense. It reminds me of the cheesiness one would find in a movie like Batman and Robin or Starship Troopers 2. lol

Blackhole
06-13-2008, 03:55 AM
Lame...give me a Marvel Studios Punisher and then we'll talk...

creature4000
06-13-2008, 04:57 AM
I kind of like the trailer UNTIL he was upside down shooting in circles... ?????

RJMacReady16
06-13-2008, 05:27 AM
Wow. They seem to have forgotten that they're relaunching the Hulk because the first one was crap.

The first Punisher was good, and actually did alright considering the morons released it alongside Kill Bill.

Bring back Thomas Jane already....

BlindVoyeur
06-13-2008, 05:57 AM
:-( I really thought Tom Jane did a good job as the punisher. I could have done with out the goofy neighbors but I guess you needed something to lighten up such a dark tone.

The Josh
06-13-2008, 06:46 AM
Looks alright. I don't know if I'll see it in the theaters or not. He looks like the PF for sure but I just have the thought of the character the guy played in Rome running through my head.

Sick Boy 82
06-13-2008, 02:02 PM
Looks ok. But 2 weird things I noticed. First was the "Serum", what ever that is about and the next was what looked like someone trying to bit his neck like a vampire?? Hmm.......

hairlesswookiee
06-13-2008, 03:02 PM
lame..... easy pass. i thought this was straight to video?? i saw a poster for it last night while going to see Incredible Hulk.
~~~Tampa rulez!!!!!!

Bat Eater
06-13-2008, 07:33 PM
spinning upside down :rotfl:rotfl
i might see it but still, the other punisher sucked, Dolph"s punisher, the best

Bardoon
06-13-2008, 08:31 PM
I don't know where all the negativity is coming from - this looks great! He looks like Frank should look and I like the outfit. And New York instead of Tampa, thank god. Some of those images were taken straight from the Bradstreet book.

I agree, it looks promising!

Ray Stevenson looks PERFECT for the Punisher. Better than Thomas Jane even.

Stevenson's Punisher looks exactly like the Punisher from the comics, more true to form of the character, especially on Marvel's MAX series Punisher. And he's got that "I've been through hell" look about him that Jane didn't have (though I like Thomas Jane, I think Stevenson looks more like Frank).

It'll be interesting to finally see Jigsaw on that big screen as well.

Buttmunch
06-13-2008, 09:58 PM
Without the name Punisher in this, it wouldn't be any different than another action film. Still, it looks decent, although I don't like that turtle neck thing the Punisher is wearing, but at least Sideshow would be able make his clothing accurately :lol

DarkArtist81
06-13-2008, 10:08 PM
I was really excited about this movie until I watched that trailer. It looked laughable and while Ray looks like Punisher in the comics, he doesn't FEEL like Punisher when I see him doing his work. Tom worked better in my eyes, even though I am a huge fan of both actors.

The action looks stilted and unrealistic, the armor they have him in looks uncomfortable and strange... The preview has done nothing but deflate the hopes I had for this movie. I will still probably give it a shot, because The Punisher is one of my favorite characters of all time... But... It looks like I am going to be horribly... horribly disappointed.

uscmhicks
06-13-2008, 10:47 PM
Now the trailer was well put together but this seriously makes me think spiderman 3.
It will probably look decent then turn out like crap. It was the same with the hitman movie too. Ah well...

papa-alpha-charlie
06-13-2008, 10:52 PM
I think it looks good. much more faithful to the comic than the Lundgren or Jane versions.

cablecommander
06-15-2008, 11:46 AM
I liked the trailer. I really wasn't too thrilled with the Thomas Jane Punisher, but I'm looking forward to this one.

Reefer Shark
07-28-2008, 02:03 AM
New longer trailer with some harcore violence! (possible spoilers...)

I tried to like the Thomas Jane version, I really did... but that flick just leaves me flat. Hopefully this one will be better. From this trailer it certainly seems like this new flick is much more in the vein of MAX comics Punisher (which is a good thing IMO). ...not too sure about that music though. I hate weak metal.. they may as well just throw a Slayer song on there if they want to go that direction. :lol

http://www.youtube.com/sweepatayda

CelticPredator
07-28-2008, 02:33 AM
The fact they kicked Lexi off makes me mad. Im not paying for this movie. I'll buy a ticket to something else, and walk into this.

Natrix
08-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Yikes...this sounds like it is going to be a steaming pile of crap!

The Latest from the Disaster that is Punisher: War Zone
Written by Robert Sanchez
Wednesday, 30 July 2008

Dolph Lundgren - a better Punisher than Ray Stevenson? "Hell Yes" says our Lionsgate insider.

You've been hearing the rumblings, you've seen the trailer and you witnessed the disaster at Comic Con (if not in person then vicariously through the many sites who ran stories on it).

The writing is on the wall - Punisher: War Zone is in major trouble.

Question is, was Lexi Alexander (and her composer as well) in fact fired off the movie?

News has been coming in from various sources on the web and it's all pretty accurate -- Lionsgate has another piece of ^^^^ film on their hands and they deserve it.

About three months ago, Lexi Alexander turned in her cut of Punisher: War Zone. After a small screening of the film to studio execs, we were told it was un-releasable and by far one of the worst movies ever made. Apparently, the dialogue and action sequences were so bad that it was practically unwatchable.

Was there anything positive to say about the film? Well, the lighting and shots were "pretty" and "postcard-like" but Lionsgate was in panic mode because, regardless what they tried to do with it, it wouldn’t be enough to save the film.

This leads me to my first question, why in the ^^^^ would Lionsgate hire Lexi Alexander to direct this movie? What was listed in her credits that made someone at Lionsgate say, "Yep! She would be awesome to bring Frank Castle to life on the big screen and reboot this franchise!"

Bad call Ripley…Bad Call!

My second question, why would Lionsgate move forward with an obviously bad script? The IESB reviewed the script a while back, read it by clicking here, it was ^^^^-awful then and it's obvious that the final product, the actual movie, is even worse!

Third question, so how bad is WAR ZONE exactly? Our insider tells us that Dolph Lundgren's 1989 Punisher is a masterpiece compared to this outing.

Welcome to Lionsgate Joe Drake, now go fire everyone who was involved with this project.

The good news is that since this movie is going to make two dollars at the box office, Marvel will end up getting their property back from the morons at Lionsgate. In a few years, Marvel will FINALLY be able to do justice to one of the coolest characters from the Marvel Universe, THE PUNISHER.

ChrisCJ99
08-05-2008, 03:13 PM
Yikes. How disappointing to hear. The Punisher was one of my FAVORITE characters as a kid.... The original movie was great IMO, but to see that no one could do this character the appropriate justice that it deserves.... Such a shame :(

Bardoon
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
So sad because the Punisher is a great character...especially if handled well.

I liked Jane's Punisher, but missed a villain like Jigsaw... now War Zone sounds like it's going to blow...and it has Jigsaw.

Bonehead15
08-05-2008, 07:34 PM
Well I guess my first impression of this movie was true. It's going to suck. :lol

You'd think that the Punisher would be one of the easiest Marvel characters to bring to the screen.

I for one liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. He didn't look like the "comic" Punisher at all but he played the part very well.

rabidwolverine21
08-05-2008, 07:40 PM
im a huge punisher fan, ive got full volumes of all the ennis punisher run, i go to the comic book store every month and buy the newest issue, and i was looking forward to this movie, then jane left, then the script was reviewed as being god awful, then all this massive post comic con disaster with the director being pushed away from the movie because of how lionsgate felt about the movie. "sight" maybe some day the character will be handled better.

DVDVampire
08-05-2008, 09:17 PM
They should bury this with Corman's FF4 film and start from scratch with Thomas Jane.

( I probably should've skipped that R-rated trailer, because I'm guessing it has all the best scenes)

EVILFACE
08-05-2008, 09:20 PM
So sad because the Punisher is a great character...especially if handled well.

I liked Jane's Punisher, but missed a villain like Jigsaw... now War Zone sounds like it's going to blow...and it has Jigsaw.

Yup Blows.

Original rumor was Thomas Jane returning as Punisher and Michael Keaton as Jigsaw.

That would've rocked.

Chapter 2099
08-05-2008, 09:26 PM
I for one liked the Thomas Jane Punisher. He didn't look like the "comic" Punisher at all but he played the part very well.

I second that! :lecture Even though Jane wasn't warmly welcomed by everyone, I thought he did a phenomenal job as Castle. Granted, like you said, "he didn't look like the 'comic'" but something about him just worked. I wish Marvel could have hooked him for the sequel :monkey2. I guess I'll hope for the best and just wait for its release before I say anymore...

EVILFACE
08-05-2008, 09:36 PM
I think the reason people didnt like him is cause he looked a bit pudgy and baby faced. But when the flick came out, dude was all ripped and lean. I think it did a great job. Far better than Lundgren.

DVDVampire
08-05-2008, 09:37 PM
I second that! :lecture Even though Jane wasn't warmly welcomed by everyone, I thought he did a phenomenal job as Castle. Granted, like you said, "he didn't look like the 'comic'" but something about him just worked. I wish Marvel could have hooked him for the sequel :monkey2. I guess I'll hope for the best and just wait for its release before I say anymore...

Ditto and I think that's why the first film worked for me.

It was an origin about Frank Castle, while the sequel would be focused on The Punisher.

Chapter 2099
08-05-2008, 09:40 PM
I think the reason people didnt like him is cause he looked a bit pudgy and baby faced. But when the flick came out, dude was all ripped and lean. I think it did a great job. Far better than Lundgren.

Now, don't get me wrong I'm not the most loyal (or biggest) Punisher fan (in terms of following the comics, etc.), but Jane's Punisher is still one of my fav. Marvel movies to date. Yes, I said it! :horror :lol

Chapter 2099
08-05-2008, 10:04 PM
And not to get off topic (but I am), how awesome was the Punisher soundtrack? Hopefully, I'm not alone on this one, but it fit the tone of the movie beautifully and all around an awesome playlist of artists. Man, those were the days....:cool:

cablecommander
08-06-2008, 11:53 AM
looking at that trailer again, to me it looks like Jigsaw might have an army of vampires working for him:peace

praxitas
08-07-2008, 07:37 AM
I just started watching rome again last night. Such a great series I hope Titus can pull this off.....

Mitch
08-07-2008, 09:18 AM
The trailer/movie looks B-grade. I for one liked the Janes punisher, I was hoping they would follow up to that.

Leegeta
08-07-2008, 09:51 AM
I think I'm one of the few that actually liked the first one.

I still don't know what to think of this though. It'll be a good movie to take my Dad to though.

Me too! i loved the first one! this one though....:monkey4

gbtv01
08-07-2008, 09:56 AM
can you say:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd59/squeemish/Motivational%20posters/Overkill.jpg

Bat Eater
08-07-2008, 12:32 PM
thomas jane a good punisher?!:monkey4

:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon:moon

GoqhTheJedi
08-22-2008, 03:03 AM
Director:Lexi Alexander
Cast:Ray Stevenson, Dominic West, Julie Benz, Colin Salmon, Doug Hutchison.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Will be better or worse,I've seen movie trailer and seems not bad.

Adoptedscot
08-22-2008, 03:19 AM
I will merge this thread with the existing Punisher Movie one
Shell
x :peace

siren3-4
08-26-2008, 01:32 PM
***Breaking NEWS***

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/37965

Holy smokes, I go away and shoot some kids stuff for Disney, and the whole world is a different color when I return. Again I appear here to dispel rumors. Please believe:

Lexi is not off the film

Lexi is still involved in the edit process

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

Today I saw a cut that ran 91 minutes

Lexi did in fact get married

Lexi is an incredibly talented director, and this film kicks major ass, as will be proven when it is released IN THEATRES DECEMBER 5th

The film is most certainly not all exploding heads, but will reveal a great deal of Franks personna and pain

This film has been difficult from the begining, from a bitter Canadian winter, to endless nights, to rampant sickness, Lexi has fought to make a killer Punisher film for fans and non fans alike.

Initially we were to release in September, but for whatever reason (not the quality of the film or edit IMHO) it was decided to release in December. That extra time has given everyone a chance to put their two cents worth in, but rest assured, Lexi is still stearing the boat, and she is a great captain.

When I hear vicious unfounded troll rumors like the "film was unwatchable" or "a total mess" it makes my blood boil. I want to punish the corrupt. People sit on their fat asses trolling the internet, people that have never even looked through a motion picture camera, and make judgements on a work of art that they've never seen, it's like saying a baby will be ugly before it is born, I can't freaking wait for this film to come out and prove the nay-sayers wrong.

Sorry for the rant, I just love something wonderful you have yet to see-

sg,asc

:banana:banana:banana

Bat Eater
08-26-2008, 06:13 PM
yup, that news made me :monkey5:monkey2:monkey5:monkey2:monkey5:monkey5 ........ i heard she was in her honeymoon, so yea this movie is going to kick ^^^^ing ass!!!

quadcent
08-26-2008, 09:18 PM
hope so, i really liked the forst punisher also.

CelticPredator
08-26-2008, 09:26 PM
Hmmm......

hairlesswookiee
08-26-2008, 11:11 PM
soo they'd really come out and say that everything is true right??? yeah, don't think so.

PRIME
08-26-2008, 11:48 PM
all i know is titus pilow kick ass in rome

Yodee
08-27-2008, 12:58 AM
no tom jane = fail

siren3-4
08-27-2008, 01:50 AM
This was my main concern dispelled:

The film is not (nor could it ever be) PG-13

. . and I hope it is true the Lexi is still on the film.

I don't mind it being a little cheesy if the gore factor is high . . :)

Ultimate Weapon
08-27-2008, 02:19 AM
Wow, that really looks ... not so good. First I've really seen of actual footage/news is in this thread and it doesn't look promising to me. It's a shame too. Really don't like the turtleneck-armor thing that comprises his costume. Sorry guys - hopefully those who feel good about it enjoy it and hopefully it turns out better than it looks.

Skiman
08-27-2008, 08:27 AM
I'm just not feeln it man, it doesn't feel like Frank Castle to me... Thomas Jane felt like Frank Castle, I was majorily disappointed whenever I heard he was pulling from the film!

Tom Jane ROCKED!!!! AND STILL ROCKS!!!!

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m340/ski31man/thomas_jane_as_punisher_small.jpg

clockwork463
08-27-2008, 08:58 AM
looks better than the first....

Skiman
08-27-2008, 09:27 AM
looks better than the first....

I do like that trailer better, maybe there is hope! :o

Yodee
08-27-2008, 07:21 PM
I'm just not feeln it man, it doesn't feel like Frank Castle to me... Thomas Jane felt like Frank Castle, I was majorily disappointed whenever I heard he was pulling from the film!

http://i332.photobucket.com/albums/m340/ski31man/thomas_jane_as_punisher_small.jpg

I AGREE TOM JANE WAS SOOOOOO FREAKING GOOD

I CRIED WHEN I HEARD HE WASNT DOIN PUNISHER :monkey2:monkey2

Bat Eater
08-27-2008, 08:25 PM

ARE YOU ^^^^ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 :monkey4

CelticPredator
08-27-2008, 08:36 PM
I liked Tom Jane fine...but man, Ray looks like a mean mother ^^^^er. He's scarier then Tom was.

Bat Eater
08-27-2008, 08:53 PM
I liked Tom Jane fine...but man, Ray looks like a mean mother ^^^^er. He's scarier then Tom was.

yes sir, Ray looks like one mean mother^^^^er while Thomas Jane..... looks like a little ^^^^^!!! :monkey4

Skiman
08-28-2008, 09:55 AM
are you ^^^^ing kidding me?!?!?!?!:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4:monkey4 :monkey4

i'm not fffff'n kidding u!!! Yes he rocks!!!

Reinhardt
08-28-2008, 12:04 PM
i too really enjoyed the first movie (never read the comics) - and thought Thomas Jane was great.

Mobeill
08-28-2008, 12:09 PM
Jane was not the first. Here is the Original Punisher:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w320/Mobeill/dvdpunisher1.jpg

siren3-4
08-28-2008, 12:15 PM
I even liked that movie . . . lol

I was pissed he wouldn't wear the skull though . . instead he used daggers with skull heads on them . . . :mad:

Skiman
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
Jane was not the first. Here is the Original Punisher:

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w320/Mobeill/dvdpunisher1.jpg

Who said this was the first... Reinhardt? I don't even count this as a Punisher movie LMAO!!!!! deleted--disregard Lungren!!! :rotfl

Mobeill
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Who said this was the first... Reinhardt? I don't even count this as a Punisher movie LMAO!!!!! deleted--disregard Lungren!!! :rotfl

But it had Lou Gosset JR in it:rolleyes::rotfl:rotfl

Chapter 2099
11-08-2008, 11:09 AM
The Punisher Warzone soundtrack listing was released recently and WOW!!!!! +1 for Warzone. Off to a nice start....The previous Punisher movie has a PHENOMENAL soundtrack, so hopefully this will grow on me as well. It helps get me a little more excited for the movie. While I'm still disappointed about no Thomas Jane, I'll try to keep my chin up.

I was just looking at the Bradstreet PF from Sideshow and there is an striking resemblence to Stevenson IMO.

I couldn't find a STEADY War Zone Movie thread, so since this was the most recent I decided to post here.

Ben
12-02-2008, 08:20 AM
TBH War Zone looks a lot better than the 2004 version..well..because the 2004 version was horrible. Not sure if it will be better than the 1989's one tho..hmm..

ChrisCJ99
12-02-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm very skeptical of this new war zone punished.... It looks like a monday night TNT special :o

EVILFACE
12-02-2008, 08:59 AM
89 version was trash. 04 was a great 80's type action movie!

Oat Willy
12-02-2008, 12:14 PM
the guy looks like a good frank castle. the movie looks like it will stink hard

Darkseed
12-02-2008, 12:47 PM
Trash or not, I'll go see it.

Gotta support the movie industry making comic book movies, even if they turn out to be poo :D

Comic Book movies ruled this past summer with IM, Hulk, Hellboy and the TDK. If not for them we woulda been stuck with Indiana Jones, Clone Wars, The Mummy, Speed Racer and Zohan :sick

NIGHTCRAWLER
12-04-2008, 07:43 PM
i think i'm gonna break down and watch it

Natrix
12-04-2008, 07:55 PM
Interesting review on AICN...

Massawyrm says PUNISHER WAR ZONE is the STARSHIP TROOPERS of comicbook movies!!

Hola all. Massawyrm here.

First things first, Punisher War Zone is not GOOD. Oh, ^^^^ no. It is a stiflingly stupid mess of a film that flings itself repeatedly headlong into a brick wall of absurdity. If you’re one of those guys crawling out of their mother’s basement, wearing a Punisher t-shirt and carrying two prop sub machine guns drooling over how awesome a movie this could really be, this movie might upset you a little. If you lay awake at night dreaming of how Hollywood could make a truly incredible Punisher film if only they listened to you and pulled the movie right out of your head, you might come to curse the name Lexi Alexander. Hell, if you’ve so much as photo shopped your head onto the Punisher’s body and used it as an avatar over on Superherohype, then you are gonna ^^^^ yourself with disappointment when you finally see this. Because let me tell you something, Hollywood may never make a serious, real, honest to god Punisher movie.

Lexi Alexander sure didn’t. And you know what? I’m glad she didn’t.

The Punisher is a relic of a bygone era. A product of his time, he began his comic career as a Spiderman villain. An unstable Vietnam vet with an unending grudge against criminals, Frank Castle emerged with his own comic during the rise of the anti-hero in the early to mid 80’s alongside such luminaries as Wolverine and Batman’s reinvention as The Dark Knight. But unlike Bruce Wayne or Logan, Frank Castle wasn’t multilayered or in any way deep. He was a psychopath - a deranged, ^^^^ed up killer who lost his family in an act of random violence and in turn became the boogeyman for criminals in New York City. And like the popular boogiemen of the time - Freddy, Jason and Michael Meyers – the best part of watching Frank’s adventures wasn’t to see why he went after certain guys or what their backstory was. It was to see how he was going to kill the next guy and what clever, inventive, devilishly brutal way he was going to go about doing it.

So yeah, as a kid, I ^^^^ing loved him.

But a few years ago they put out a Punisher video game that kind of changed the way I looked at him. The cover proudly proclaimed there was something like 100 different ways to punish the guilty – and then challenged you to find them all. The picture was of Frank holding a guy under a drill press, and for a second I though “Awesome! This is gonna kick ass,” only to begin to wonder “Why isn’t there a Nightmare on Elm Street game in which you run around slaughtering teenagers with 100 different ways to punish the kids of Elm Street?” Because that’s all this is. I know, I know. “These guys are guilty! They’re bad guys! It’s okay to delight in watching their slaughter.” It sure is. I love a good slasher movie, myself. But it’s impossible to pretend nowadays that this is anything but that.

It’s not the 80’s anymore. Batman has substance and is conflicted. Wolverine has substance and is conflicted. The Punisher? He’s a cartoon.

And that’s exactly how Lexi Alexander sees him. She doesn’t take this movie seriously for a second. Her approach is identical to that of Paul Verhoeven on Robocop and especially Starship Troopers. This isn’t a movie glorifying The Punisher. This is a film with its tongue placed firmly in cheek, subtly making fun of him every chance it gets. AND I LOVE IT FOR THAT. Not because I think the Punisher is deserving of mockery, but because Alexander gets it. She sees Frank for what he is and set out to make a glorious, deliciously fun romp through his grime covered universe. And in doing so she actually managed to make the most faithful, spot on adaptation of the comic we are likely ever to see.

There are exactly three things she gets right in this that no one will dispute. The first is that, for the first time in history, someone has made a movie in which the Punisher actually shows up. Not that ^^^^^ Thomas Jane version. Not Dolph Lundgren and his silly traipsing through the sewers on a motorcycle. THE PUNISHER. When Ray Stevenson first appears in the dark holding a burning flare – you see him. You know it’s him. When he speaks, you hear Frank Castle. Not some lame facsimile. This is one cold, brutal son of a ^^^^^ who is going to kill every mother ^^^^er in the room. And then he does.

The second thing she gets right is the origin. Not only does Frank Castle look and sound like he should – his origin is intact. This is not a sequel to the last film. Lexi took a fantastic approach to the last film and said ^^^^ that piece of ^^^^. She went back to the well. There isn’t a single shred of the last movie’s storyline in this. Franks family died in random gang violence. In New York City. And he lives underground where he is helped by a bevy of characters from straight out of the comic book. Comic book fans will love the attention to detail.

And lastly, she made this bloody as ^^^^. This movie doesn’t play around. The second the ^^^^ goes down, The Punisher starts punishing. Guys get decapitated, grenades blow off limbs, bullets rip bloody chunks out of people. And heads…explode…kind of a lot. This thing is soaked in blood from the very first moments of the film until the very end. At times it has this whole Robocop meets Story of Ricky thing going on. He punches through a guy’s head for ^^^^s sake. It’s just silly.

And really, that’s the core of this film. It is camp. Deliberate camp that doesn’t feel overly self-aware. I mean, when a guy gets hit square in the chest with a grenade and just plum vanishes in a puff of smoke on what is OBVIOUSLY a soundstage, you know that Alexander isn’t being serious. The dialog is unspeakable, but often howl-inducing. Just about every actor in the film chews up scenery like they were told it was craft services. And almost every set is a gaudy soundstage drenched in neon. There are just scenes of such absurdity – up to and including Frank walking across the street, in plain view of pedestrians, with guns holstered all over his body – that you can’t for a moment take this seriously. It is gloriously over the top, a hilarious film that perfectly gets The Punisher right while never for a moment taking him seriously. Hell, from the moment Seinfeld’s Newman walks in to sell Frank guns (You can almost hear him say “Hey jerry, guess what I got”) to the Dockers commercial flashbacks of his family life, this movie will make you piss yourself with laughter.

And I love the ^^^^ out of it. Like I said, it’s not good. But it’s fun, it’s gory and often times it is quite inventive. It never gets boring and it’s never so bad it hurts. It is always so bad it’s good. This is a midnight movie for folks who love MIDNIGHT MOVIES. Vern is gonna lose his mind over this. The beer-and-buddies crowd is gonna have a field day. And make sure when and if you do go to take a friend to lean over and crack wise with. But don’t take this seriously. For a second. The hardcore Punisher fans? They’re gonna hate the hell out of this. They’re gonna piss vinegar and spit blood screaming about how Hollywood needs to finally take the Punisher seriously. They might even be deluded enough to say that the previous effort was the only good Punisher film. And they would be wrong.

They’re gonna hate this. Unless they’re in on the joke. Like you.

Until next time friends, smoke ‘em if ya got ‘em.

Massawyrm

Sometimes I'd like to get my hands on God. And I'd really kind of like to make HIM watch Thomas Jane's Punisher movie.

RJMacReady16
12-04-2008, 09:17 PM
Did I miss something? Was Tom Jane's Punisher really that bad?

Also that's a horrible review :lol The guy starts by saying that Hollywood will never do a Punisher movie like the comics and that the fans will hate it, but then proceeds to describe a movie that is exactly like the Punisher from the comics and is exactly what the fans have wanted.

This movie's still a mystery for the time being I guess. I have to admit, it looks like a pile of s#$%...but at least Jigsaw has me intrigued.

Vader AL
12-04-2008, 09:21 PM
here's a more coherent review, the one above seems to step on his own words:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/04/DDOH14GTQO.DTL

Yodee
12-04-2008, 09:32 PM
wat was wrong with tom jane as punisher i reckon he did an awesome job.....

CelticPredator
12-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Jane did great....but....but...Stevenson looks like the meanist mother ^^^^er on the planet. I'll see it Sunday.

Fives
12-04-2008, 09:37 PM
i have to agree with you celtic.....stevenson looks more like the frank castle in comics.

CelticPredator
12-04-2008, 09:38 PM
I've never read any Punisher comics....so i'm just going off looks. Jane is a badass too. But in a different way.

winter
12-05-2008, 08:17 AM
Well the trailer looks pretty weak, but I'm going to see it anyway. Lionsgate shocked me last Dec. with the super violent and really good Rambo flick. Not expecting the Punisher to be nearly as good, but the reviews say gore-hounds will rejoice. I support hard R rated flicks as much as I can. Roger Ebert gave the film a bad review stating the film was too violent. That makes me want to run to the moive house right away.

Morbach
12-05-2008, 08:52 AM
this is a rental for me. seeing him hanging from the ceiling shooting guns did me in,it looks horrible.rental at most.

Darkseed
12-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Sounds like a good time :D

I grew up on Clint's Dity Harry tough as nails character, Stallone's unstopable Rambo and Arnold's billions of indestructable characters. All put in unrealistic situations, performing feats of super human strength and dodging thousands of bullets, explosions only to kick the bad guys a$$ like a manly man......they were fun and I loved them.

Rambo 4 brought back the good ole days, I'm hoping The Punisher continues the same quarkiness. The Punisher is either taken seriously and is dark, brooding and conflicted (TDK) or he just kicks a$$. It is hard to mix the two successfully and there is no inbetween. Sounds like he just kicks a$$ in a bunch of unrealistic ways, performing feats of super human strength and dodging thousands of bullets. I can't wait.....:gun

Vader AL
12-05-2008, 09:42 AM
Sounds like a good time :D

I grew up on Clint's Dity Harry tough as nails character, Stallone's unstopable Rambo and Arnold's billions of indestructable characters. All put in unrealistic situations, performing feats of super human strength and dodging thousands of bullets, explosions only to kick the bad guys a$$ like a manly man......they were fun and I loved them.

Rambo 4 brought back the good ole days, I'm hoping The Punisher continues the same quarkiness. The Punisher is either taken seriously and is dark, brooding and conflicted (TDK) or he just kicks a$$. It is hard to mix the two successfully and there is no inbetween. Sounds like he just kicks a$$ in a bunch of unrealistic ways, performing feats of super human strength and dodging thousands of bullets. I can't wait.....:gun

well said. I don't think it had the budget to have both a$$ kicking and conflict in it but Dirty Harry meets Commando is fine with me.

rabidwolverine21
12-05-2008, 04:28 PM
Well i just got back from seeing it and i got to say i enjoyed it. I thought it was better than the first one, and some of the acting was at times questionable and the dialogue had its moments but all together the action and style was much more punisher. Its by no means batman, but as a punisher fan i feel like they may have done him a little more of a justice, but by no means is it the end all beat all movie from marvel.

so if you like the character and violence then its a movie to give a try.

monkeydad16
12-05-2008, 05:01 PM
so, the guy who plays the Punisher (his name escapes me right now) pulls it off? He looked awkward in some of the trailers so I've avoided it so far, but I am a fan of the old War Journal comics and would be willing to go if it's better than the Dolph Lundgren original. :monkey4

rabidwolverine21
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
so, the guy who plays the Punisher (his name escapes me right now) pulls it off? He looked awkward in some of the trailers so I've avoided it so far, but I am a fan of the old War Journal comics and would be willing to go if it's better than the Dolph Lundgren original. :monkey4

in my opinion Ray Stevenson (the new guy) did a pretty good job,he acted well with the script that he had. He looks alot like the comic book character and does well in the action sequences. Its truely not a perfect test of acting talent, it seemed akward at times only because alot of the other characters were ed being over acted all around him.

hairlesswookiee
12-05-2008, 06:32 PM
i thought the movie was pretty great. really cheesy, but its a comic book movie. they finally nailed the Punisher with the right amount of violence and action. hopefully we'll get another.

rabidwolverine21
12-05-2008, 06:34 PM
i thought the movie was pretty great. really cheesy, but its a comic book movie. they finally nailed the Punisher with the right amount of violence and action. hopefully we'll get another.

yea the rocket shot in mid air was f'n hilarious:lol

LChinoz
12-05-2008, 07:58 PM
I liked Thomas Jane. I will see still see this.

Darkseed
12-05-2008, 08:40 PM
I returned from seeing the movie.

Stevenson is a great choice as the Punisher. He more closely resembles the comic book character than Jane (and I enjoyed Jane's performance). He looks, acts and talks like you expect the Punisher and his acting is decent.

Stevenson's character, a few decent action and humor sequences is about all the movie offers. The supporting characters, the story and the predictable ending make it an average flick at best. :confused:

BXCOLLECTOR
12-05-2008, 09:40 PM
just saw it and it was F'ing AWESOME

and yes its better than the first

Vader AL
12-05-2008, 09:49 PM
these opinions are what matters to me because i believe it's how I would feel after the way you described it. i plan on seeing it because i love the punisher and i want to support his movies in hopes they'll do well and the studios will up the budget if we get another one.

nash
12-05-2008, 09:54 PM
This is a Netflix rental for me.

CelticPredator
12-05-2008, 10:08 PM
So freaking stupid.....but so utterly awesome at the same time. 7/10

Darkseed
12-05-2008, 10:40 PM
So freaking stupid.....but so utterly awesome at the same time. 7/10

I couldn't said it better myself. Some of the movie got it right and while other parts way off base.

CelticPredator
12-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Jigsaw made me LOL. Everytime him and Looney Bin Jim were in the car together, i'd just start laughing.

rabidwolverine21
12-05-2008, 10:49 PM
Jigsaw made me LOL. Everytime him and Looney Bin Jim were in the car together, i'd just start laughing.

that was my only real problem with the film, it seemed to turn all black humor and bad jokes half way through, i felt the first half was trying to go for the seriousness of batman and the second half just made it a shoot em up kinda movie. i love comics and i probably have every punisher comic of the last 6 years and i loved the movie despite what people were saying but its a good start lets see the next do him the proper justice.

CelticPredator
12-05-2008, 10:53 PM
I love black comedy....so I was fine with it. But it did go a bit over the top at times...I loved Jigsaw's recruiting scene.

CelticPredator
12-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Oh and I will say, props to Stevenson for making the character great. Never read a single Punisher book, but I liked HIS take, more then Jane's. But Jane was good....the script wasnt. But what can I say...I'm baised, Jane rocks....

rabidwolverine21
12-05-2008, 11:03 PM
I love black comedy....so I was fine with it. But it did go a bit over the top at times...I loved Jigsaw's recruiting scene.

yea the black comedy is one of the reasons i loved reading the Garth Ennis written books, i agree with you on the over the top at times, jigsaws recruiting was halirious

NIGHTCRAWLER
12-06-2008, 03:31 PM
so i hear this movie blows...

Darklord Dave
12-06-2008, 03:57 PM
Just saw it too - I really hate that Lionsgate is burying the film - virtually no press at all it seems. Usually when that's the case the film tested really poorly.

But I think the fans of the comic will be happy. This is not your PG-13 friendly Punisher - he's a complete badass, but still has the heart that makes the character redeemable. The violence is way over the top, extremely gratuitous and even over the line at one point. The acting is the same for the most part. Jigsaw is almost unwatchable before the accident - it's like he's doing a parody of a bad comedian doing DeNiro. But after the accident the overacting fits more with the extreme look. The other villains also are over the top. Julie Benz and Colin Samuels didn't have enough to do, but they were both great.

I would have to say that the film suffered from a lower budget - I know it's New York, but the Punisher walks everywhere?

I did enjoy the extreme violence though - there are some very cool kills including the aforementioned rocket launcher. And the director did a good job of composing the shots - almost every shot was as if it had been lifted from a comicbook panel.

Nice homage to Tim Bradstreet too.

I'd say it's much better than the Jane version and lightyears beyond the Lundgren one. But I don't think a sequel is likely. Lionsgate seems not to care and I'd expect it not to break 15 mil this weekend. The theater I was in had maybe 10 people in it.

rabidwolverine21
12-06-2008, 04:19 PM
But I don't think a sequel is likely. Lionsgate seems not to care and I'd expect it not to break 15 mil this weekend. The theater I was in had maybe 10 people in it.[/QUOTE]

Yea i agree, i doubt there will be a sequel, and this one was much better then any other punisher. I just wish more people would have cared about giving the character justice. I remember when this was first starting out the script was written so badly that it was a virus that no director wanted to touch.

Darklord Dave
12-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Yea i agree, i doubt there will be a sequel, and this one was much better then any other punisher. I just wish more people would have cared about giving the character justice. I remember when this was first starting out the script was written so badly that it was a virus that no director wanted to touch.

I agree with both reviews above (AICN and SF Gate), although I wouldn't say it's a "bad" film. It accomplished what the director intended -deliver an over the top extreme violence comic book movie. But I could see how a director could read the script and think it's just a rip-off of Batman and why should they want to do a bad version of a popular and successful film?

rabidwolverine21
12-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree with both reviews above (AICN and SF Gate), although I wouldn't say it's a "bad" film. It accomplished what the director intended -deliver an over the top extreme violence comic book movie. But I could see how a director could read the script and think it's just a rip-off of Batman and why should they want to do a bad version of a popular and successful film?

and you also have to remember this movies script was being written in late 05 its not like this was done with batman being fresh this "sequel" has been in the massive rewrites for years.

NASEDO
12-06-2008, 05:12 PM
I didn't even now this movie was out this week, I don't ever remember seeing a commercial or ad, how can the movie make any money?

kl241
12-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Ray Stevenson IS Frank Castle...nuff' sad

CelticPredator
12-06-2008, 06:41 PM
I didn't even now this movie was out this week, I don't ever remember seeing a commercial or ad, how can the movie make any money?

I've seen commercials on ESPN, Spike, Comedy Central...ect....but I guess Lionsgate doesnt know how to market films....ever see their Saw trailers? Just screaming people...but everyone will want to see it. No matter what.

rabidwolverine21
12-06-2008, 06:46 PM
Marketing has made it hard for this to get much press. i dont know if it is the troubles they had in post production that made them not want to put anything into the marketing or if they just thought it would bomb.

Darklord Dave
12-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Nice interview with the director at SuperheroHype.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7867

It's kind of discouraging that this film was going to go straight to video in Europe until the distributor saw it. Seems like it was destined to be a red-headed stepchild from the beginning. Also her comment that Marvel wasn't that involved doesn't bode well for how it was handled.

Too bad - I don't have anything invested in the character - but I liked the movie and would LOVE to see a HT Castle and Jigsaw.

Buttmunch
12-06-2008, 09:06 PM
Nice interview with the director at SuperheroHype.
http://www.superherohype.com/news/punishernews.php?id=7867

It's kind of discouraging that this film was going to go straight to video in Europe until the distributor saw it. Seems like it was destined to be a red-headed stepchild from the beginning. Also her comment that Marvel wasn't that involved doesn't bode well for how it was handled.

Too bad - I don't have anything invested in the character - but I liked the movie and would LOVE to see a HT Castle and Jigsaw.

I was just about to post that! Hopefully Hot Toys is listening!

I actually really liked this movie. I went in expecting it to be OK, but from all the bad press every Punisher film seems to get, I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasently surprised! I loved the Black Humor of this and thought Jigsaw looked pretty cool. Not sure which of his outfits I'd like to a see a figure in though. Some of them reminded me of Tommy Lee Jones' Two-face outfits at times.

CelticPredator
12-06-2008, 09:11 PM
Ditto on that Dave.....heck, i'd take a SS Jigsaw, and Punisher.

Darkseed
12-06-2008, 09:41 PM
HT Punisher would rock....anything else would be icing on the cake. I won't hold my breath for any figures :(

Darklord Dave
12-07-2008, 03:43 PM
Whoa, kiss the Punisher goodbye - 2500 screens and grossed $4 mil - ranked #8. That's less than Transporter 3 in it's 2nd week. That's what you get when you don't market a film well. I'm betting The Spirit will open to at least 20 mil, even though I expect it to be a far inferior film.

Buttmunch
12-07-2008, 03:54 PM
Whoa, kiss the Punisher goodbye - 2500 screens and grossed $4 mil - ranked #8. That's less than Transporter 3 in it's 2nd week. That's what you get when you don't market a film well. I'm betting The Spirit will open to at least 20 mil, even though I expect it to be a far inferior film.

I know that is too bad!

Come one Hot Toys! We need to make this film some money! It could double its profits if you make figures!

rabidwolverine21
12-07-2008, 04:13 PM
thats a ruff opening weekend, the movie only had like a 35 million dollar budget and i doubt it will even get that back. its sad to see marvel and lionsgate and everyone involved throw this moive to the dogs.

Buttmunch
12-07-2008, 04:58 PM
I know, its like they didn't even give the film a chance. Its too bad. It really is a decent film.

To top things off, it Hot Toys doesn't give us figures, we've probably got zero hope. Even comissioning headsculpts wouldn't do much good because of the compliacted and unique outfits.

rabidwolverine21
12-07-2008, 05:01 PM
I know, its like they didn't even give the film a chance. Its too bad. It really is a decent film.

To top things off, it Hot Toys doesn't give us figures, we've probably got zero hope. Even comissioning headsculpts wouldn't do much good because of the compliacted and unique outfits.

yea mass production is about the cheapist you can come up with for a nice ray stevenson punisher. that armored suit would be complex, and with jigsaw a standard suit would work in some cases but in terms of his tomy lee jones two face zibra stripe and the sgt peppers ending suit would not be easy to come up with

Buttmunch
12-07-2008, 11:06 PM
yea mass production is about the cheapist you can come up with for a nice ray stevenson punisher. that armored suit would be complex, and with jigsaw a standard suit would work in some cases but in terms of his tomy lee jones two face zibra stripe and the sgt peppers ending suit would not be easy to come up with

:lol Glad I wasn't the only one that thought Tommy Lee Jones Two-face!

CelticPredator
12-07-2008, 11:11 PM
Well, I didnt mind the Jones Face character here...because Jones wasnt a bad villain, he was funny, charasmatic, entertaining...but as Two Face? God no....as Jigsaw...oh yes.

"This is just the beginning..."

No Ray...its the end...:(

I loved Ray as The Punisher. Dude has a great action future ahead of him.

hairlesswookiee
12-08-2008, 03:49 PM
too bad this movie technically tanked. i ended up seeing it twice and really enjoyed it. but you know what...what the hell do they expect when they release this kind of movie during the holiday season without hardly any advertisement up until a few weeks before release??? wasn't this originally supposed to be direct to video???

The Mike
12-08-2008, 04:36 PM
I would wager that any plans for a full HT Punisher type of line probably was axed by looking at the number BUT if there was a Ray Stevenson Punisher already in the works he'll probably still come out. He'd have to have been planned ahead of time like Medi's Speed and Racer X and if not I'd say its a wash.

Buttmunch
12-08-2008, 11:18 PM
Yeah, how come Speed Racer got figs, but this film only gets minimates?

Animal Mother.
12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
I'd say it's much better than the Jane version and lightyears beyond the Lundgren one.

Both those are so superior imo. I'd say this movie deserved it's opening. Punching a guy through the face? He's the Punisher, not Jason Vooorhees. I'm a HUGE Punisher fan, and even if I wasn't the quality of the movie on it's own was just awful. And that had nothing to do with the budget but everything with the writing and acting.

Deak Starkiller
12-09-2008, 12:53 AM
I liked this movie for what it set out to be, better than the last one for sure and Jigsaw was fun. Also good use of wacky CGI.

Vader AL
12-10-2008, 12:13 AM
i saw it tonight and i would love to see what the director, etc. could have done with a bigger budget. i liked it more than the last one and i'm glad I finally have a Punisher film I can pop in and watch Punisher do what he's drawn to do. it did have the comic book feel because you didn't really see people go from one place to the other, they were just at the next scene...sure it's because of the budget but as a fan i've rationalized it to be like comic book frames. :D it wasn't an ideal film by any means...it just is what it is.

siren3-4
12-15-2008, 09:17 AM
I absolutely loved this movie . . . I laughed out loud at a number of the death scenes and had a really good time watching it . . .

Ray Stevenson was perfect . . . This was a Garth Ennis Punisher comic come to life . . .

Over the top . . really violent and gory . . and fun as hell . . .

I will be buying this as soon as it comes out . . .

Morbach
12-15-2008, 09:20 AM
Both those are so superior imo. I'd say this movie deserved it's opening. Punching a guy through the face? He's the Punisher, not Jason Vooorhees. I'm a HUGE Punisher fan, and even if I wasn't the quality of the movie on it's own was just awful. And that had nothing to do with the budget but everything with the writing and acting.

Yeah I heard from a bunch of friends it was BADDDD,I'm going to wait and rent it. I thought it looked bad and don't wanna waste $10 seeing it.

BuddyGus
01-10-2009, 09:08 PM
Just saw this tonight. I loved it. I really enjoyed Ray Stevenson in Rome, so he was the biggest reason I went to see it. But, I was totally suprised to get such a great movie. Jigsaw was great as well as his brother. If you haven't seen it you are doing yourself an injustice.

jye4ever
01-10-2009, 09:21 PM
I absolutely loved this movie . . . I laughed out loud at a number of the death scenes and had a really good time watching it . . .

Ray Stevenson was perfect . . . This was a Garth Ennis Punisher comic come to life . . .

Over the top . . really violent and gory . . and fun as hell . . .

I will be buying this as soon as it comes out . . .

You said the right word, FUN! Watching a movie was finally FUN for once, go figure!

As it is I also enjoyed IM better than TDK because that was also FUN but definately not as much as the new Punisher movie.

Like this person did, I was also laughing, cheering, cursing and throwing my hands in the air at the over the top scenes (and there were many)!

This movie kicks serious ass, Punisher kicked serious ass and it was simply just a FUN movie to watch and enjoy.

As it is now, it's my favorite Marvel movie ever.

Don't get me wrong, TDK was a good movie but hands down I had more FUN with Punisher.

I like the extended cut with Thomas Jane, that movie isn't too shabby either but this new Punisher is THE PUNISHER movie, nuff said!

Too bad its box office turned out the way it did.

Oh well, at least it will be out on DVD pretty quick and let me tell ya, it can't come out fast enough!

Fry
02-26-2009, 10:57 AM
I thought the movie was really good. Jigsaw was an excellent bad guy, kinda reminded me of The Joker, but nowhere in the same league as Heath. THe action was well done and the deaths were nice and gorey. sure it's not going to win an Oscar, but for a no brain action adventure film it did well. Sure beat the Thomas Jane crapothon Punisher.

Ben
02-26-2009, 01:06 PM
I LOVED it.

then again i LOVE anything Punisher

emceerice
03-01-2009, 07:25 PM
Was dead set against watching this since I hated the first one...but I'm a sucker for Punisher and caved. Watched it and LOEVD it. Got my blood flowing for a nice Punisher figure...although it'll likely never happen :( Damn shame, cuz it sure would be kickass.

siren3-4
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
I really think once this is released on DVD it will get a cult following . . . no one gave this a chance and it was really marketed incorrectly . . .

darkknight
03-09-2009, 12:49 PM
Saw it this weekend and it blew the first one away. This is how the Punisher should be.:rock

Chapter 2099
03-15-2009, 04:11 PM
War Zone on DVD and Blu Ray THIS TUESDAY. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

Darth Snoopy
03-15-2009, 07:28 PM
War Zone on DVD and Blu Ray THIS TUESDAY. I'll be picking this one up for sure.

Ditto! :chew

cerealkeller
03-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Saw this last night on BR.
Pros:
-Ray Stevenson was fantastic as The Punisher. Just perfect.
-The guy getting his face shot off at the table. We rewatched that little snippet like 10 times:rock
-Most of the violence felt right and looked good.
Cons:
-Everything else in this piece of cinematic garbage.I don't know the actors names but the guy who played Jigsaw and his brother should never act again...ever. Two of the most horrible performances captured on film. I'm not going into the rest but for most of the movie, me and my two buddies I saw it with were left staring at the screen, jaws open, transfixed at the horrible ^^^^ this movie was. The thing is they are two of the biggest Marvel fanboys I know and love the Punisher.
Lexi Alexander and the writers should be PUNISHED!!!!!!!

hairlesswookiee
03-16-2009, 11:45 AM
Pros:
-The guy getting his face shot off at the table. We rewatched that little snippet like 10 times:rock
Cons:
-Everything else in this piece of cinematic garbage.I don't know the actors names but the guy who played Jigsaw and his brother should never act again...ever. Two of the most horrible performances captured on film. I'm not going into the rest but for most of the movie, me and my two buddies I saw it with were left staring at the screen, jaws open, transfixed at the horrible ^^^^ this movie was. The thing is they are two of the biggest Marvel fanboys I know and love the Punisher.
lol...i agree, but i don't think stevenson is that great of an actor, but he did a good job as the Punisher. i'm going first thing in the morning to pick this up on Blu. how is the sound on it???

alphatyrant
03-16-2009, 11:52 AM
Isn't Dominic West (Jigsaw) supposed to be excellent in the Wire?

cerealkeller
03-16-2009, 12:02 PM
lol...i agree, but i don't think stevenson is that great of an actor, but he did a good job as the Punisher. i'm going first thing in the morning to pick this up on Blu. how is the sound on it???

The sound was excellent. You felt the explosions and my ass rumbles when he shot the grenade into the room with the guys waiting for him, taking out like 10 of them. Picture was also a 10 outta 10. The color palette used really popped out on BR.

emceerice
03-16-2009, 11:35 PM
Pros:
Cons:

dayyaaaaaaaaam bro, way harsh. maybe i enjoyed it so much because i had utterly low hopes for it. :google

hairlesswookiee
03-16-2009, 11:44 PM
dayyaaaaaaaaam bro, way harsh. maybe i enjoyed it so much because i had utterly low hopes for it. :google
well i enjoyed it for most of the reasons he hated it. :duh its the punisher...the only real complaints that i found in the movie was some of the acting. other than that it delivered pretty much everything from the books.

CelticPredator
03-17-2009, 06:53 AM
It delivered a good time.

But its a crappy movie. And i'll own it because its awesome. :D

Darkseed
03-17-2009, 07:33 AM

Bingo.....

If you are looking for a good story, well-written character development or splendid acting you will be disappointed.

If you want to see Frank Castle persona on screen with over the top violence and laughable kills this is your movie:banana

hairlesswookiee
03-17-2009, 05:27 PM

this true...i just rewatched the Blu Ray version and it is really awesome in terms of Audio and Video quality. i also just remembered how incredibly stupid the "recruitment" speech is that Jigsaw gave.

Darth Snoopy
03-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Bingo.....

If you are looking for a good story, well-written character development or splendid acting you will be disappointed.

If you want to see Frank Castle persona on screen with over the top violence and laughable kills this is your movie:banana

Indeed! I does loves me some over the top violence! :chew

CelticPredator
03-17-2009, 08:05 PM
this true...i just rewatched the Blu Ray version and it is really awesome in terms of Audio and Video quality. i also just remembered how incredibly stupid the "recruitment" speech is that Jigsaw gave.

I laughed hard at that scene....:rotfl

Deckard
03-19-2009, 10:59 PM
Just watched this,

"I'm gonna get my applesauce back." was probably the funniest part.

I hope if that DareDevil reboot happens, they cast ol' Frank as the antagonist.

bidge1000
03-19-2009, 11:14 PM
This movie rocked!
It made Rambo 4 look like Bambi!

Just out and out fun, the way a comic book movie should be really!

D:joy

vader70450
03-20-2009, 03:47 PM
This movie sucked balls! The acting was horrible. I have seen b movies that were better. This character deserves the same treatment as all the other Marvel movies. I watched the blu with my bro and we both were like this blows. What's this high profile ^^^^? Let me walk in the middle of Manhattan with all my guns showing. Also this had to be the quietest Manhattan, where the ^^^^ were all the people?. ^^^^ can we get some actors for ^^^^ sake, the ending was ^^^^ing horrible. That guy that played Jigsaw from 300 cant act to save his life and his brother was dog ^^^^. I am gonna use this disc to wipe my ass next time I take a ^^^^! ...that would justify the 30 bucks I spent on this ^^^^ shingle!

hairlesswookiee
03-20-2009, 03:59 PM
^^i'll give you $20 for it shipped....15 if its really "used"

monkeydad16
03-21-2009, 07:41 AM
This movie sucked balls! The acting was horrible. I have seen b movies that were better. This character deserves the same treatment as all the other Marvel movies. I watched the blu with my bro and we both were like this blows. What's this high profile ^^^^? Let me walk in the middle of Manhattan with all my guns showing. Also this had to be the quietest Manhattan, where the ^^^^ were all the people?. ^^^^ can we get some actors for ^^^^ sake, the ending was ^^^^ing horrible. That guy that played Jigsaw from 300 cant act to save his life and his brother was dog ^^^^. I am gonna use this disc to wipe my ass next time I take a ^^^^! ...that would justify the 30 bucks I spent on this ^^^^ shingle!

That, my friends, is how a rant is done.

Morbach
03-21-2009, 08:07 AM

..............................yeah,um.........I won't be seeing this.........:lol

CelticPredator
03-21-2009, 08:13 AM
You let other people decide for you?

vader70450
03-21-2009, 08:27 PM
That, my friends, is how a rant is done.

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl it WAS that ^^^^ing bad!

jye4ever
03-21-2009, 08:31 PM

i know‚ like for real? Dang.

Morbach
03-22-2009, 07:16 AM

just joking. it was just a joke :lol

CelticPredator
03-22-2009, 03:40 PM
I hope so....:lol

Chimera 1
03-23-2009, 06:20 AM
Just saw this over the weekend. It was ok. I got it from Netflix so no money wasted. The violence was over the top which was good. The acting was poor. My wife was like, this is to cartoony turn it off, half way through so I did. Then I asked her, you know this is based off a comic. She said Oh ok. So we finished it and it was more tolerable for her. She loves comic based movies but doesn't follow comics if that makes sense. She was comparing it to the more serious Punisher movie made a few years back. Anyway, it was a laughable movie with bad acting and over the top violence. It wasn't meant to take itself to seriously.

SweeneyTodd
03-24-2009, 01:09 AM

Amen, Brotha!!! :whip

I had the exact same experience,
so you're not alone. :banghead

Reefer Shark
03-24-2009, 01:23 AM
I just tried to watch this the other night.

...just horrible. I couldn't even get through the entire flick... Being a big Punisher fan, I'm pretty dissapointed. None of the movies have come close to doing the character justice.

Ah well, guess I'll just stick with the comics for my Punisher fix :lol

Chapter 2099
03-24-2009, 03:47 PM

Vader, have you ever filled in for Ebert or Roeper? I love this review! :rock :lol

I'm still blown away by how people can say War Zone was better than The Punisher (2004)? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I'm not trying to judge. But I loved Thomas Jane's rendition of the Punisher. I loved the whole movie from beginning to end.

Deeznutz6
03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
That review was spot on, this movie was terrible. Jigsaw and looney tooney were just atrocious, thank god I didnt pay a penny to see it. If I had bought the BD, and I thought about it, I would be steaming.

vader70450
03-25-2009, 04:20 AM
Vader, have you ever filled in for Ebert or Roeper? I love this review! :rock :lol

I'm still blown away by how people can say War Zone was better than The Punisher (2004)? Everyone is entitled to an opinion, so I'm not trying to judge. But I loved Thomas Jane's rendition of the Punisher. I loved the whole movie from beginning to end.

Thanks man....:lol

:cuss:cuss:cuss:dump:dump:dump
CUSS CUSS CUSS DUMP DUMP DUMP

wilcocash
03-25-2009, 04:24 AM
david fincher needs to do a punisher movie

Punisher75
07-10-2009, 11:53 AM
new member here but a long time Punisher fan and I really enjoyed Warzone. It's not a great movie but it was a hell of a lot of fun and Ray Stevenson was a great Frank Castle.
I loved Thomas Jane in the 2004 movie but felt Ray actually fit the character a bit more. I wish Warzone had the tone of the 2004 movie with the violence, action and closer origin from Warzone. The origin in the 2004 movie was awful.

-Aaron

Saya
07-11-2009, 01:04 PM
I have to agree with punisher75. Warzone was Action/Violence fantastic! It was a bit over the top but it was great fun to watch. Thomas Jane portrayed the emotonal turmoil really well in the 2004 flim but I really loved the action and blood in the new one. I actually own both but only Warzone I want and do rewatch.