2001: A Space Odyssey 1/6 EVA Suits - Twinch Squad

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Kustomizer

Super Freak
Reaction score
I ran across the following e-mail on the Space City Joes site and thought it was worth passing along.

For those of you who don't remember, here are some pictures of the product that Mr. Jose Luis Ayuso was pedling through TWINCH SQUAD - located in Valencia, Spain about 3 years ago. He used to manufacture custom made eva suits from the movie 2001. Long story short...he collected thousands, upon untold thousands of dollars from customers worldwide, but failed to deliver the goods. Do a "google" search for Jose Luis Ayuso or TWINCH SQUAD and you'll see what I mean.

49747029.jpg
49747046.jpg
49747014.jpg

Here is the e-mail that was posted...

To whom it may concern. Please send reply to this email addy:
[email protected], [email protected]

Here is the message from Bill Dunn:

Gentlemen,

This message is being sent to you because at one time or another in past you and I had shared information regarding our mutual problems with Twinchsquad and Jose Luis Ayuso. At this time, a comprehensive effort to organize a joint legal action against JL Ayuso in the Spanish Court system is being organized by Mr. William Raucci. I strongly urge you to participate in this action. Please assist Bill Raucci by providing him with the following
information regarding your Twinchsquad order:

Full Name:
Address:
Phone number:
Transaction Order number with Visa: (Do not send you Credit card number only the order reference number)Order date:
Order amount:

Any e-mails from Jose you have please save for now. We will need them later.

Contact information:

Bill Raucci
Herwarthstrasse 8
14109 Berlin
Germany
Ph: 49 30 321 1731

Once again, I urge you to please participate in this action and support Bill
Raucci.

Thank you,

Bill Dunn
California

I wouldn't normally post something like this but I have had a friend of mine who was screwed over by this guy so it hit close to home. I hope this helps anyone that might have lost some money in the process!

Thanks,

Darth Kustomizer

Feel free to check out my 12" Hollywood based figure site, Plastic Hollywood, here: https://p066.ezboard.com/bplastichollywood

Last edited:
Ah, I'm so glad someone is doing this and thanks for posting Darth K. I'm so there - it's only a couple of hundred dollars, but still.

Thanks for the explanantion Darth, the others threads I moved had no explanation on what the suit was about....

Yeah, even though it doesn't affect me, I was very curious what this was all about.

That bastitch got me for one suit but unfortunately I wrote it off a while ago and don't have any of the "proof" for the case. I still submitted my name. I hope Jose gets his due.

I don't even have that credit card anymore, but I still have emails from him as recent as 8 months ago saying he'd ship in 2 months.

I'm glad I never saw this suit before now or I would be adding my name to the list.

Re: 2001 EVA Suits

Not want to rip open old wounds, but has anyone ever received these figures/suits?
Did a search on google and only found negative information - most people lost their money.
But I wonder if some buyers did receive something.
I luckely never ordered anything from Twinch Squad.
Sad story.

So if a forum-member has one, would he/she be so kind as to post some photograps?

Ah, I'm so glad someone is doing this and thanks for posting Darth K. I'm so there - it's only a couple of hundred dollars, but still.

Weren't we just talking about this a few weeks ago?

Now... Justice. At last. I hope everyone who lost money on this gets their retribution and their money back. That or the suits.

I remember seeing the red, silver and yellow suits for sale in Forbidden Planet London, back when it was on new Oxford Street, so we're talking a few years ago now. They looked very nice and a lot of the little details looked like machined metal, but at £199.00 a pop without a base figure I took a pass.
Wonder what they change hands for now.

Nothing came from this lawsuit that I know of.

And the suits were available to a retailer here, I want to say Eklyps, but I'm not sure; and were delivered to them even though there were individuals who had orders in long before the retailer deal. I didn't buy one from the retailer because I thought I had one coming direct.

So there are a few out there now that command a lot of money if they appear on ebay.

"Only a couple hundred dollars"?There's nothing "only" about that kind of money, especially these days...PS

Nothing came from this lawsuit that I know of.

And the suits were available to a retailer here, I want to say Eklyps, but I'm not sure; and were delivered to them even though there were individuals who had orders in long before the retailer deal. I didn't buy one from the retailer because I thought I had one coming direct.

So there are a few out there now that command a lot of money if they appear on ebay.

Greg from Eklyps was selling them and I think got some but I'm almost sure he didn't get his complete order either. As I understand there were orders for like 450 of these suits all told.
This was another case of a customiser biting off more than he could chew. Happens a lot in the 1/6th world. Guy has a good idea, makes an interesting product, and proceeds to sell more than he can possibly deliver, frequently priced lower than he can produce the item anyway and everyone gets screwed.

Man they are fantastic looking, I think the last one I heard of selling went for over $1000. Not sure if its by the same person or not, but too rich for my blood.

That thing is awesome...I remember seeing it on eBay prior to everyone getting duped. I'd love to see some pics if someone has one!

Back