LOST episode 2.2 *SPOILERS*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mutant Enemy

Freaked Out
Reaction score
"Michael, Sawyer and Jin discover a new predator in the ocean."
Lost meets Jaws!

Desmond forces Locke to type "the numbers" into the computer...

Michael gives Walt a stuffed Polar Bear as a child...

So the whole episode I'm thinking, where in the hell is Jin......"The Others!" have him!!!!

Preview for next week looks good! We see another survivor of 815, Ana-Lucia.
Can anyone say love triangle? Or is it gonna be more like a trapezoid. lol

Last edited:
This weeks was interesting but not nearly the impact I had expected. I think next week has some major impact coming. Dam I hate waiting a week for this show!!

All the Mike and Walt flashbacks took up too much time in this episode making it one of the worst I have seen, and the hatch story ended where it ended last episode. :banghead

Did anyone notice the shark or whatever it might be when a glimpse of it was shown under water that it had the same emblem near the tale as the emblem that is on desmonds shirt and foodstuffs.MMMMMMMMMM

Yes! I saw that on the shark too! I am hoping someone with Tivo can pause that to see what it is better.

This was the 3rd episode taking place the same night, by the looks of it next weel will be too. So 4 episodes taking place the same night, they are stretching this out a bit.

I guess they have to stretch it out...

Nothing like having the same cliff-hanger for another week! I really really really want to see if Desmond recognizes Jack.

I agree this wasn't the best episode, but at least we did get a few cool pieces of info. I'm getting pumped to learn more about the Others.

ChrisfromSideshow said:
Nothing like having the same cliff-hanger for another week! I really really really want to see if Desmond recognizes Jack.

I agree this wasn't the best episode, but at least we did get a few cool pieces of info. I'm getting pumped to learn more about the Others.

Yeah, I can't wait to see more of the Others next week.

Ha, I was thinking I'd be the only one to notice the logo on the shark! And I was tivoing Veronica Mars so I can't check it out. But if so many people saw it - it must be true!

It's pretty crazy that the emblem was also on the shark. Hmm...is right.

I am curious as to what the word on the emblem is. Anyone with TiVo want to check?

What were those numbers clicking down to? I think Desmond has to enter the numbers into the computer to prevent something from happening. As to what happening, I have no clue.

So it seems that the numbers need to be inputted more than once a day (I thought that was a bit interesting).

And since it seems everything must be noticed and read into I have to wonder if the candybar name will have any significance (Apollo I believe).

I never saw the emblem on the shark (very interesting) I can't wait to see an image of that now!

So "The others" (supposedly) tie Jin up, he escapes and then they go after him...even more interesting.

Man, I wish it was next Wednesday tomorrow. (Wait, that's my wish every week hehe).

I thought the same thing about the candy bar.. and yes it is Apollo. God of the sun, right? The Sun is in the center of the mural and in the center of the sun is "108".. the sum of all "The Numbers"

As for the emblem.. i went back and checked.. ok.. so its an octagon shape with a circle in the middle. between each side and the circle are four lines. The top one is longest, then below it are two small lines side by side and below that one more line. Their lenght decreases as you go down so they make an upside down pyramid shaped thing. in the middle of the circle there is a word that I can't see... and a swirly thing that COULD be the shape of a snake (also looks like it divdes the circle into a Yin and Yang - which fits perfectly)

This is what Matt and I came up with.. we'll see if we are right.

Based on the spot for next week...

We see what looks to be Desmond running through the jungle, so he leaves the hatch? Locke may feel responsible for staying behind and making sure the time doesn't run out before the code is entereed into the computer. He may not know what it does.. but my guess would be he knows it isn't good. He and Jack argue, Jack and Kate leave Locke alone in the hatch. We see Hurley enter. Hurley could come to Locke's aid.. find him there panicking because he doesn't know the code.. and hurley could suggest the numbers. When it works, Locke would be curious as to how Hurley knew that. Next weeks episode is called "Orientation"... so that seems to fit. Thoughts?

Also.. the emblem itself is black and white.. much like...

- the backgammon game pieces

- Locke and Walt (the two with "power")

- the stones found in the chest cavities of the skeletons in the lagoon

- Locke's eyes in Claire's (i think its Claire) dream

- The Black Rock and the White Rock (though i don't knwo what the white rock is - I may have made that up... but if there is a black rock.. count on seeing a white rock at some point..)

-Both kidnapped children. Alex, Danielle's daughter and Walt.

- Yin and Yang (if my theory about the eblem is right then this ties in furthermore)

NOW THIS GETS INTERESTING

The design of the emblem closely resembles that of Bagua. Bagua is a concept,: a fundamental philosophical concept in ancient China. THIS goes hand in hand with my theory of the Yin and Yang.. the idea of good and evil and balance which goes hand in hand with the themes of LOST.

EVEN MORE INTERSTING is what it SAYS on the emblem. Dharma. Dharma (sanskrit, roughly law or way) is the way of the higher Truths. Beings
that live in harmony with Dharma proceed quicker towards moksha, nirvana or personal liberation, a concept central in eastern religions .

NOW THAT is what this show is all about!!! It seems the survivors were brought here and are being tested. It almost sounds like a testing grounds along the lines of purgatory, but seeing as how the creators have debunked that theory, i guess not. interesting non the less. Ok, Discuss!

Last edited:
I found some screen caps of the logos and mural:

On the electrical box:
hatchLogo.jpg

on the shark:
lostSharkb.jpg

the mural on the wall:
mural.jpg

found them on this site which is pretty cool: https://lost.cubit.net/

wow.. that's just nuts... that is EXACTLY what that symbol means and is!

Also on the mural look above the arrow. You can clearly see a white face. Harder though is the black face to the right of it. Look right to the right of the white face. While some of it seems to be obscured by something, you can clearly make out the left ear, the left eye and the mouth. Another example of black and white (yin and yang).

Great stuff guys!! Saves my brain by just readin these threads with what you all think.

I'm not so sure the people that captured Jin are "the others." They look too clean, and not like the people who took Walt (long beards, etc.). I think they may be the survivors from the tail of the plane. They may think that Jin, Michael, and Sawyer are "the others." This would explain why they are hostile towards them. The tail survivors must have had a run in with "the others" too??? Just a thought, I'm probably completely wrong...What do you guys think???

Here are some screen caps from the preview for next week.

normal_orientation-pre01.jpg

normal_orientation-pre09.jpg

Last edited:
While I agree that that pic does make them seem... less rugged.... i doubt that they are the survivors from the back of the plane. Otherwise, why would Anna Lucia be locked up with Sawyer and Mike?

Back