PDA

View Full Version : Any chance for a new PF Vader?

spy-d
12-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Hi Folks,

I just discovered PF and I'm hooked! I wanted to get a Vader in my collection, but despite all the rave reviews on the PF Vader, I'm still on the fence. Would love to see an Episode III, V, or VI vader to include the following:

1. Robe goes under the shoulder armor rather than the current version, which goes over. (Robe, not cape)

2. Stitchings on gloves goes vertical so it is aligned with pattern on arms/legs. (Ep IV vader has glove stitching going perpendiular to his body suit lines, rather than the same direction)

3. Would love to see a pose with a hand doing a "force choke" or in a fist...

Hope I'm not the only one who wants one...

K.

Amir
12-01-2008, 02:10 PM
I hope we see a New ROTJ Vader PF sometime...I would definitely buy one.

The Mike
12-01-2008, 03:32 PM
I read somewhere that the Darth Vader PF was a combination of all the different variations but leaning more heavily to ANH. I'm actually surprised that another hasn't been done yet but I have a feeling that we'll see one done again in the near future. We got 2 Leias in differing looks and two Lukes....

FlyAndFight
12-01-2008, 07:56 PM
I've said it before but I would like a new Vader as well. Preferrably a RotJ version to go along with a RotJ Luke and an Emperor on throne. Imagine that setup of the three!

Luke's saber resting on the throne armrest. Vader standing to the right, Luke to the left and the emperor with that devilish grin that says, "You want...this..."

LOTRFan
12-01-2008, 08:10 PM
I would want the famous fist pose from Bespin.

thenammagazine
12-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Luke's saber resting on the throne armrest. Vader standing to the right, Luke to the left and the emperor with that devilish grin that says, "You want...this..."

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
I'm not going to say anything. Just read this out loud...:monkey3

tomandshell
12-01-2008, 08:44 PM
There are several missing characters I would like to see done before another Vader. Yes, there are slight changes in his costume from film to film, but not enough to warrant a second PF. Multiple 12" figures are one thing, but $350-400 for a second Vader just for a different pose or minimally revised costume is at the very bottom of my PF wish list.

icruise
12-01-2008, 09:07 PM
I'd be surprised if they didn't make another one, if only one from the pre-trilogy to go with the OT one we already have. It would help bring new people into the line, since Vader is obviously going to be one of the more popular statues for any collector of PFs.

That said, with the exception of the pose which limits your display options to some degree, the existing PF is really nice.

cerealkeller
12-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I would go for an Episode 3 version. For some reason, I really like the subtle redesign on the suit and helmet. I also want a Vader PF but am not impressed with SSC offering. Don't like the helmet or the "fishing" pose. I think it would be cool to get a compliment piece to Anakin. A pose where you could have them side by side.

POWER1010
12-01-2008, 11:07 PM
I'm on the fence too about the Vader PF, Not feeling the fishing pose either, I also agree I would like to see other characters get the PF treatment before i saw another Vader, But....if they made an EP III I would def get it.

Kibishii
12-01-2008, 11:11 PM

:joy This would be awsome! The only SW PF's that I have are Asajj EX, Anakin EX, and Boba Fett because I am unimpressed with the other OT PF's to date. Hoping for a Jedi Luke or...more impressive Darth Vader.

jkno
12-02-2008, 09:13 AM
My PF Vader is still in box and hope next year to get him out for dispaly in his custom made display case. I would like to get another Vader statue for sure, maybe something similar to Attakus Vader 1 pose, not necessarily with the lightsaber ignited. But not to forget about a PF Stormtrooper statue as well.

FlyAndFight
12-02-2008, 09:27 AM
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl
I'm not going to say anything. Just read this out loud...:monkey3

You sick pup! :lol:naughty

I passed on the Vader PF simply because of the pose. A new one in RotJ outfit and in a non-fighting but still iconic pose would be popular.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooo Prequel Vader, please... :monkey4

Fives
12-02-2008, 09:28 AM

i second that, a very iconic pose imo!

NobleWarrior
12-02-2008, 09:33 AM
yeah not really a fan of the current one. all ways thought he had a pin head, helmet to small.

TOE
12-02-2008, 09:37 AM
I would like a Vader PF with the capability of having the helmet off and you can see the guy's face. That would be cool.

Fives
12-02-2008, 10:25 AM
I would like a Vader PF with the capability of having the helmet off and you can see the guy's face. That would be cool.

that would be cool but with the Shaw mug not the Hayden one.

FlyAndFight
12-02-2008, 10:37 AM

Most definitely.

quadcent
12-02-2008, 10:57 AM

yeah that would be a kickass ex.

NASEDO
12-04-2008, 09:19 AM
How different would it be? I dont understand the whole different episode Vaders. It would make no sense for me to buy another PF Vader.

icruise
12-04-2008, 10:54 AM
How different would it be? I dont understand the whole different episode Vaders. It would make no sense for me to buy another PF Vader.

Realistically, it wouldn't be that different except to the people who really care about the minute details of the costume. BUT it would give Sideshow an excuse to make another Vader (sure to be a good seller) and to use a different pose and perhaps include an exclusive such as a bare head.

winter
12-04-2008, 11:02 AM
If it looks good and it's an OT Vader, I'm all in for a new one.

hairlesswookiee
12-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Realistically, it wouldn't be that different except to the people who really care about the minute details of the costume. BUT it would give Sideshow an excuse to make another Vader (sure to be a good seller) and to use a different pose and perhaps include an exclusive such as a bare head.

yeah i really have no problems with the current Vader other than the fact that the pose doesn't look that great unless you have the Obi Wan along with him.
IMO THE ultimate pose for darth vader has been done already in the Attakus statue. i would like to get one someday down the road, but they are pretty expensive and the scale is a little off in comparison to the SS PF.

Darthy
02-13-2009, 04:54 AM
I think it's time for a new Vader PF :banana

masterside
02-13-2009, 05:12 AM
No no no :lol it's time for Obi-Wan Kenobi episode III :banana :D

Shropt
02-13-2009, 05:18 AM
If we get a new PF Vader I think it would end up being a ROTS version. For this reason I say NO.

DarthNeil
02-13-2009, 05:22 AM
Who would want a Vader?... He's such a secondary character.

:monkey3

yodasan
02-13-2009, 07:54 AM
I'd rather see other characters made before a second Vader eg Chewie, Dooku, stormtrooper.

jkno
02-13-2009, 08:10 AM
No no no :lol it's time for Obi-Wan Kenobi episode III :banana :D

NO. It's time for a Stormtrooper PF!!!:stormtroo

galactiboy
02-13-2009, 08:37 AM
I'd have to say negative on this as well... while it would be cool to see what an updated PF of Vader would look like I think the original is good enough and PF's need more variety than that.

Namgorf
02-13-2009, 11:31 AM
Give us a PF of Chewy, Stormtrooper, C3P0, and R2D2. We dont need another Vader PF, if you missed out on the first one so sad, try ebay or go away.:duh

blue_rogue
02-13-2009, 02:30 PM
I'd rather have an ESB Boba Fett. :monkey1

The Chaver
02-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Hi Folks,

I just discovered PF and I'm hooked! I wanted to get a Vader in my collection, but despite all the rave reviews on the PF Vader, I'm still on the fence. Would love to see an Episode III, V, or VI vader to include the following:

1. Robe goes under the shoulder armor rather than the current version, which goes over. (Robe, not cape)

2. Stitchings on gloves goes vertical so it is aligned with pattern on arms/legs. (Ep IV vader has glove stitching going perpendiular to his body suit lines, rather than the same direction)

3. Would love to see a pose with a hand doing a "force choke" or in a fist...

Hope I'm not the only one who wants one...

K.

I asked Sideshow this same question on the "Ask Sideshow" category of their site,and they said that they do have plans to revisit Vader in the Premium Format again but not anytime soon.

tomandshell
02-14-2009, 12:02 AM
I would be extremely disappointed if they waste a valuable slot in the Star Wars PF release pipeline with a second Vader. The differences in costume are too minor to revisit the character in 1:4 scale. Make all the 12" Vaders you want, but with only three or four PFs a year, I would much rather see new characters done. Any repeats should be due to drastically different costumes like ANH Leia vs. Slave Leia. (I wouldn't even want to see an ESB Fett--and he's my favorite character.)

Give me the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, Artoo and Threepio, ROTS Obi-Wan, Lando, a Gamorrean Guard, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, a Jawa or two, Admiral Ackbar, IG-88, Bossk, Tarkin, X-Wing Pilot Luke, Lobot, Garindan, Oola, Figrin D'an and (of course) Chewbacca. Then we'll talk about another Vader some time around 2014.

masterside
02-14-2009, 02:41 AM
I would be extremely disappointed if they waste a valuable slot in the Star Wars PF release pipeline with a second Vader. The differences in costume are too minor to revisit the character in 1:4 scale. Make all the 12" Vaders you want, but with only three or four PFs a year, I would much rather see new characters done. Any repeats should be due to drastically different costumes like ANH Leia vs. Slave Leia. (I wouldn't even want to see an ESB Fett--and he's my favorite character.)

Give me the Emperor, a Stormtrooper, Artoo and Threepio, ROTS Obi-Wan, Lando, a Gamorrean Guard, Greedo, Bib Fortuna, a Jawa or two, Admiral Ackbar, IG-88, Bossk, Tarkin, X-Wing Pilot Luke, Lobot, Garindan, Oola, Figrin D'an and (of course) Chewbacca. Then we'll talk about another Vader some time around 2014.

Totaly agree with you!! :cool:

Vader AL
02-14-2009, 10:34 AM
personally i would never be upset with another vader but that's just me and i'm kind of partial to him. :monkey1

The Chaver
02-15-2009, 03:47 PM

I'd be more than fine with another vader considering I wasn't highly impressed with the first one.It was good but I thought the pose and a few other things about it can be really improved upon in the next version.Plus I prefer the Empire & or PT versions.

And oh yes an Empire fett would way cool...

KitFisto
02-15-2009, 05:54 PM
I hope if they do one it's not any time soon. WAY too many other characters that need to be made first.

tylerdurden
02-16-2009, 01:16 AM
since i came into this hobby kinda late, i missed out on the current vader pf. so if they ever release a new one, i'm all for that! :chew

i'd DEFINITELY get an artoo & threepio PF! it's the next best thing for those of us who can't afford the life-size versions. :monkey5

FlyAndFight
02-16-2009, 11:37 AM
My only reason for a Vader PF revisit is that I simply don't like the pose of the first one. But since we're getting a 1/6th version later this year, which can be posed every which way, then the PF version has dropped considerably in my "wants" listing.