Medicom RAH and Sideshow 1/6 scale figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blu Falcon

Super Freak
Reaction score
I've heard the Medicom RAH figures aren't exactly the same size in scale as the Sideshow figures. Is the difference really that noticeable? Any comparison pics?

Medicom vader on my shelf with my sideshow anakin.
vadertwins002.jpg

Yes, I know it's Dusty, this was taken After i'd been away for a while. Tired of the dust comments....
I do, however, need to take new pictures. as you can see they are standing next to each other, and vader has leg extensions, however, the head looks in a different scale. as does the torso. Personaly, I don't care about the scale difference. it's close enough for me. Medicom is closer to a 1/6th and a half scale than a true one sixth. the difference is there, but it's not that bad. Also, on the more recent figures, like the clones and the Fett's, the scale is closer, and even less noticeable.

In the wider shot you can see the medicom stormtrooper And the sideshow commander pradji. Yes, the trooper is farther back than Pradji, but the difference is still evident. I'll take some recent pics later with better omparison.

no problem. I've got several medicom figures, includong ALOt of Star wars ones, and i love them. They're a little stylized, but still nice, and the body poses and hangs so well. Unfortunately, the body is a little fragle, so handle it with care.

medi-fett hanging out with sideshow ladies.
DSC00393.jpg

I like how both the gals in the pick are slightly hunched forward with knees bent to hide the medicom's shorter scale and look more on par with the straight-standing Medicom Fett. Both girls'd be about 1/2 inch taller if standing straight, side-by-side with Fett.

You are quite astute my friend, except on one small detail. Fetts legs are also bent. The ladies are, however, bent more than his. The reason for this is not so much to hide the scale, It's more to allow hip to put his arms on their shoulders, as his shoulder articulation is a little hindered by his shoulder armor. I'll post better scale reference photos when I get home :)

You are quite astute my friend, except on one small detail. Fetts legs are also bent. The ladies are, however, bent more than his. The reason for this is not so much to hide the scale, It's more to allow hip to put his arms on their shoulders, as his shoulder articulation is a little hindered by his shoulder armor. I'll post better scale reference photos when I get home :)

I feel your pain. I have a Medicom Jango and had him posed with Mace until I bashed an AOTC Obi with an extra armored sculpt as a placeholder until I get Sideshow's on Friday. With Mace the size was so glaringly obvious as his helmeted head is almost as big as Mace's regular head. Right now I have him hung from a corner of the shelf firing down on kitbashed Obi (Kamino) which makes it a little less glaring but also still obvious that they're not in scale with eachother. It still really is really a shame because I don't see us getting either of the Fetts from Sideshow for a while (if ever). That'd be the kind of announcement they'd save for next year's SDCC. :(

For me the scale is too obvious for the figures to be on the same shelf next to each other (except in the case of the Ep3 clone which I have with Cloneobi, same height it just looks a bit thin) , however I have medicom & SSC within the same displays and the issue is barely there, the Medicoms are about the same height as the Hasbro 12" figures just not as stocky in the body

Side by side, you may find that the real difference isn't in the height, it's in the proportions. The Medicom figures are usually thinner as well.

Side by side, you may find that the real difference isn't in the height, it's in the proportions. The Medicom figures are usually thinner as well.

In other threads I've likened it to that of comparing an adolescent male to a fully grown/developed adult male but, while I believe that's an accurate observation, usually some Medi apologist starts a flame war over it.

In other threads I've likened it to that of comparing an adolescent male to a fully grown/developed adult male but, while I believe that's an accurate observation, usually some Medi apologist starts a flame war over it.

GET DOWN!!!

Seriously though, it seems to depend on the figure, Medicom stormtroopers seem to be in scale with the rest of the SS figures, but Medicom Vader is too short...

I have Medicom fett posed with hasbro Dooku.. looks great,
but I agree next to SSC figures Medicom's look a bit like a teenager in the costume, but standing alone or with other Medi's look great

GET DOWN!!!

Seriously though, it seems to depend on the figure, Medicom stormtroopers seem to be in scale with the rest of the SS figures, but Medicom Vader is too short...

The Storm Troopers are horribly shorter (like shorter than Sideshow's Leia :lol). You meant Clone Troopers, right? If so I agree. The Clone Troopers are still shorter than they should be but the difference there between the Clone Trooper, when compared to a Sideshow release, is minimal.

Maybe it was just me but the Medicom Jack Sparrow looked like a kid next to my other 1/6 figures.

I have the Medi-Henry Jones Sr and he looks pretty good, but that Sparrow was rough. Their scale actually worked out perfectly for the Spiderman movie figures, though. Love that one.

how much are 12" darth maul and darth vader going for now? ive decided to branch my collection out a bit and get my 2 favorite villains from star wars. so can anybody tell me the MIB price for both and an estimate for loose figs as well. thanks

Back