Sovereign 20th anniversary Keaton Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SovereignStudio

Super Freak
Reaction score
Not really a "new" project, but an overhaul of an on-going project that started as just another list but never ended.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24684

This is my newest (and hopefully last) version of the 1989 Keaton Batman. This one has a full rubber suit, where as the previous versions had a Lycra base suit. I've added an interchangable head system with two heads; a Keaton portrait I did a while back (had that posted here seperately at one time) and the masked head with a new cowl insert head made from a casting of the portrait so that they match. The heads, neck, belt and logo are resin. The entire costume is cast in rubber. The cape is vinyl.
I wanted a new version that looked like it belonged with the Hot Toys Batman figures and was a bit more consistent with how those are made. I think this guy does the trick. I've always charged Freaks memebers $125.00 for the original Keaton Batman figures. I had thought I would charge more for these, as they seemed more complex and time consuming. But without all of trimming of rubber parts, sewing the base suit and the pain-in-the-ass process of gluing all that to the Lycra, they actually take a bit less time. So, I'm sticking with the original $125.00.
I'm not starting a list for these. The list started over a year ago and has never ended, so if you want to order one just let me know.

09bat1.jpg

09bat2.jpg

09bat3.jpg

09bat4.jpg

09bat5.jpg

09bat6.jpg

09bat7.jpg

love it shawn! and congrats on the big 20 my friend! i can remember when i 1st stumbled onto your site and ordered my 1st batman from you. its great to see you on here showcasing all this incredible work. good job my friend. and a huge thanks!

I forgot to mention a couple points......

He will also come with an extra painted neck so the unmasked head can be used to make a Wayne figure.

Apart from the guys that have paid already, I will not be taking orders for this until mid to late January 09.

WOW shawn this is the best keaton batman ive ever seen INCREDABLE great job.

Are you going to post when you start takeing orders for this one ?
Id really love to have this one in my collection.

Billy

Didn't realize how bad the sculpt looked in those last pics! :monkey1 This is a painted "standard neck" version.

keaton1.jpg

keaton2.jpg

keaton3.jpg

looks great
what are the joker heads in the background, could u show those please? they look awesome!

Those Joker heads are a project I've been tinkering with for a couple months. Eventually, it's going to be a sort of "Swiss Army knife" of Joker heads :lol It's a three-piece sculpt: face, neck and cranium. The whole thing comes apart, so you can change the faces to create any paint scheme you might want. I've also done two facial expressions; one relaxed and one angry. I'll probably do a laughing face eventually, too. He'll have three wigs cast in rubber: his standard hair, "jail cell" scene hair and a third that will be dark brown and pulled into a ponytail high on the back of his head (honor guard option). I may do a nurse wig, with the hat sculpted onto it. A sinlge head sculpt that amounts to a multi-part model kit! :lol Probably overly elaborate, but I was curious to see how it would all work out. I like to try and offer weird stuff no one else has tried to do.

NICE work man! And that Joker sculpt is TOPS! You've cracked it bro. That may be my hands down FAVORITE custom TDK Joker sculpt. You really nailed that portrait. :rock

Back