Why hasn't Bale been praised for Batman role in TDK?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ven

Super Freak
Reaction score
how come all I hear about is ledger this and ledger that.. I can honestly say that bale's role was alot more human, sincere, and haunting... watch all the scenes where hes with alfred and you see a sincere side of bruce, very torn and drained...now batman thats another story... he really plays three characters in this movie..I think bale was overshadowed because the villian always steals our hearts and we always forget the hero...

darkknight3.jpg

Because he was hardly in the movie.....still thought he was great as always....because he's Bale.

Bale does deserve praise to me. Bale is probably the biggest reason I love Nolan Batman movies, his portrayal of Bruce Wayne and Batman to me is the best done yet and tough to be, it's made him a favorite actor of mine. There is something about how he plays him that you become invested in him, you want things to work out for him, you feel when he's pained, you root for him when he goes after the bad guys. Bale is probably one of the more underrated actors working right now.

because it not that hard to talk in a raspy voice... plus there's no emotion hiding behind the mask... and he's kind of a stale (all his rolls are the same) actor anyway.

Do I like him as the Bat?? Hell Yeah! I think he's the best.. but the character it's self doesn't give way to acting.

Bale is the best Batman/Bruce Wayne since Michael Keaton. He definitely deserves praise.

And I dont think its JUST because the "bad guy always outshines the hero" thing....but we've seen Bale as Wayne/Batman. Everyone loved it. He made the movie. However....now we're introduced to one of the most famous comic book villians of all time, in a completely new way, by an actor no one would've picked. Thats why Heath is getting all the praise. He was different, and new.

He was much better in Begins, but thats because he was the focus, I really wish the focus remained on Bats in TDK, that's my only nitpick with the movie
that and "IS THAT A BAZOOKA??" guy

Bale does deserve praise to me. Bale is probably the biggest reason I love Nolan Batman movies, his portrayal of Bruce Wayne and Batman to me is the best done yet and tough to be, it's made him a favorite actor of mine. There is something about how he plays him that you become invested in him, you want things to work out for him, you feel when he's pained, you root for him when he goes after the bad guys. Bale is probably one of the more underrated actors working right now.
:lecture :lecture :lecture

because it not that hard to talk in a raspy voice... plus there's no emotion hiding behind the mask... and he's kind of a stale (all his rolls are the same) actor anyway.

Do I like him as the Bat?? Hell Yeah! I think he's the best.. but the character it's self doesn't give way to acting.

:rotfl

Damn. Were we watching the same Dark Knight movie?

But yeah, Bale was great in the TDK and it kind of annoys me that no one has given him much praise for it. There's not another actor alive at the moment who could've pulled it off quite as well.

He won't get a nomination, which is sad, but the dude is brilliant.

He may get a nod from the MTV Movie Awards, but that's it. He is not deserving of an Oscar Nom for TDK IMO...

Don't get me wrong, he is one of our finest Actors, but for this role in this film, he is not really being considered in these parts.

I like Bale as an actor, and I enjoyed his perfomances as Bruce Wayne. But his Batman voice combined with the goofyness of the TDK costume kinda ruins it for me.

Seriously, the costume is no more goofy then Burton's suit...or any other Batman suit ever made.....

and he's kind of a stale (all his rolls are the same) actor anyway.

I'm sorry, I didn't quite catch that...would you mind repeating?

Patrick Bateman
Alfred Borden
Bruce Wayne/Bats
Trevor Reznik

The same?

He may eat the same ham rolls every lunchtime, I don't know, but his roles are certainly varied.

He was excellent, as ever, in TDK, but it was just inevitable he was going to be surpassed by the villain, who was surpassing a prior screen version of the character. Even more so, since Heath's untimely passing.

Seriously, the costume is no more goofy then Burton's suit...or any other Batman suit ever made.....

Sure, a rubber Bat costume is going to look silly no matter what. But the 1989 and Begins suits had a classic comic book sensibility to them. The new suit was way too cluttered, overdone, and looks like it was over-designed just to push more toys; plus, the chipmunk cheeks made Bale look funny and even cute (!) in certain scenes. The cowl and voice pretty much made the interrogation scene that much more funny, though Ledger saved it.

Thankfully, the movie was so dark most of the time, I could ignore it.

Back