Check this garbage out! (DST Indy)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Check this garbage out!

I don't know if it's garbage or not. It's the 1/4 scale equivalent of a Hasbro figure, with a price to match. I guess there may be some people to whom this would appeal, although I'm not sure who exactly.

I love Art Asylum--I think Minimates are the greatest toys ever made--but I don't get these at all. They are also doing 1/4 scale Star Wars figures that look like this. I doubt they will be released at retail, and I don't see people picking these up in comic shops, so :confused:.

Isn't this the Diamond Select Toys "Ultimate Indiana Jones"? If so, keep in mind that it's 1/4 scale, talks, and will be less than $70. The DST figures (including the SW ones) will also be carried at Toys R Us stores.

Not really a direct comparison to the high-end stuff.

While I do think that these suck, I think LFL needs to reign in some of these licenses a little bit. Stopping giving every Tom, ^^^^, and Harry the ability to create SW merchandise. Also WTF Art Asylum, you guys are better than this, right?

edit: We can't say D!ck? I guess I meant Richard.

Isn't this the Diamond Select Toys "Ultimate Indiana Jones"? If so, keep in mind that it's 1/4 scale, talks, and will be less than $70. The DST figures (including the SW ones) will also be carried at Toys R Us stores.

Not really a direct comparison to the high-end stuff.

But I would say this is worse than Hasbro's 12" figures. At least they're a kind of caricature of Harrison Ford; this looks like an action figure of an IT manager who's going to a fancy dress party in an Indiana Jones costume.

Eh. It's not THAT bad. You need to refresh your memory of Hasbro's 12" Talking Indy:

raiders-of-the-lost-ark-speak.jpg

:lol

I don't know if it's garbage or not. It's the 1/4 scale equivalent of a Hasbro figure, with a price to match. I guess there may be some people to whom this would appeal, although I'm not sure who exactly.

It is garbage. The Hasbro looks superior to it.

Yea, for $20 bucks that's a great figure that kids can play with. The shoes at least have a great sculpt, just weather em.

I may end up using the cloths I have for a KOTCS Indy. The boots are great, like you said.

Hmmm .....

How about at least the zipper is somewhat in scale? :huh

Just trying to say something nice.

I think all they need do is change the hat color and give it some slightly different clothes and -- viola! -- the world's first Witness action figure.

18953609.jpg

Back