FFS Lucas!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be all over this set if it were the original versions. Oh well.

Anyone know if they fixed the lightsabers and other problems that the Lowry restoration screwed up for the initial DVD release?

Let's see......hmmmm. I have the OT vhs, the OT widescreen vhs, the OT rerelease widescreen vhs, the OT rerelease widescreen dvd, and for the prequels i have.........zzzzzzzzz.
Nevermind. :confused:

Same movies but in different packaging? Eh! I'll stick with the ones I have. Smart move by LFL to put this out during the holidays though.

What the hell is the point of this. Same DVDs as last year just a new cover for the set. Why waste time with this and just bring out the six disc already.

It's crap like this that makes me hate the DVD industry. How many times can a movie be released on the same format? All these bare-bones releases followed by special editions just confuses the consumer and makes retailers have to carry way too many products. Or if what they say is true about this release, just different packaging. Then there's the stupid packaging (Simpsons Season Six) that you have to deal with. :banghead

I know we can pick-and-choose what we buy, but :censored. Enough with the rereleases.

jlcmsu said:
What the hell is the point of this. Same DVDs as last year just a new cover for the set. Why waste time with this and just bring out the six disc already.

can anyone honestly say they didn't see this coming?
lucas has been doing this kind of stuff for 20 years.
we keep buying them, so why should he change his ways?
he'll eventually release the original versions when he thinks this current "re-re-release the special edition" trend has played out, regardless what he says. :naughty

Hi Everyone,

I will stick with the EE 3 pack I purchased last year. I mean, after all, it's the same movie being re-released. Even Master Replicas does a better job (Except the Mini Tyranus, I Mean Mini Dooku Saber).

Thanks,
Mike
:ted

Christmas comes but once a year,
And when it does,
There's lots of LUCA$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Now I remember why I don't like Star Wars :rolleyes::D:sick:horror

TC :angrycanu:angrycanu:r2d2line

I don't have ANY of the Star Wars films on DVD yet.
I've got my trusty, dusty, lo-fi VHS of the original trilogy - NOT the "special" editions.

I'll wait until all 6 are released on DVD together, in one set, with the original
trilogy in the box set, not the "special" edition, and then I'll be happy.
I may be waiting for a long while..............

JS

captain sack said:
can anyone honestly say they didn't see this coming?
lucas has been doing this kind of stuff for 20 years.
we keep buying them, so why should he change his ways?
he'll eventually release the original versions when he thinks this current "re-re-release the special edition" trend has played out, regardless what he says. :naughty

You got that right! And here is an other reason for Lucas to do what he does: a lot of the people here on the board grew up with Star Wars, and are already fans. But to make sure that there'll be new Star Wars fans in the future, Lucas has to make sure that the "product" Star Wars remains visible in people's lives. And so he sales the same thing over and over and over... The next generation of Star Wars fans is coming: there will always be a six year old kid somewhere, fascinated by the Star Wars universe, to become a "consumer" or collector... like us!

Why is everyone getting upset about this? It looks to be just a repackaging of the old set. This sort of thing happens all the time, and it is only getting attention due to the fact that it's Star Wars. The new set doesn't even include the 4th disc with the '"Empire of Dreams" doc. I love the use of the original poster art for the covers, but I'll be hanging onto my old set.

I've decided that I'll only be upgrading any of my DVD's from now on to HD versions, unless there are major problems with the old discs. The Star Wars set does have MAJOR problems (improperly crossed ANH surrounds, horrible ROTJ lightsaber effects, Luke's saber while in training on the Falcon turns from white to green suddenly in ANH), so I would upgrade it if necessary.

Gruson said:
I would be all over this set if it were the original versions. Oh well.

Anyone know if they fixed the lightsabers and other problems that the Lowry restoration screwed up for the initial DVD release?

I hope so, but we'll have to wait for the Official Press Release to see. I seriously doubt it will be any different. Vader's pink bubblegum lightsaber in ROTJ is atrocious.

If these were the original versions (yeah right), people would die of shock.

elwood49 said:
Why is everyone getting upset about this? It looks to be just a repackaging of the old set.

I don't think anyone is getting upset. Just wondering why they would bring the SE out again after they came out with a set last year.

Back