Who would buy a 1/6 scale Arabian horse?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain Britain

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hasbro did a great job with their 33/4" version of this - I'd love if SSC did an Arabian horse. The Toys McCoy one wasn't great, and too expensive. I'm sure they could find other uses for the mould.

Hasbro did a great job with their 33/4" version of this - I'd love if SSC did an Arabian horse. The Toys McCoy one wasn't great, and too expensive. I'm sure they could find other uses for the mould.

Given that they gave their LOTR line the ":devil HOLD OF DOOM :devil!" and the Python Grail, Civil War and Six Gun Legends lines are loooooooooooong since gone, I really don't see any other uses for a 1:6 scale horse unless they announce a Lone Ranger, Young Guns, or Tombstone license where that would even be feasible. Or potentially market them to the LOTR collectors, but I'd really hate to be Sideshow if they made a 1:6 horse for the LOTR line before finishing the Fellowship.:emperor

Yep,
the DID ones are the way to go... they are the best!
indy would look great on a white one...

60027-2.jpg

60027-12.jpg

I had a Marx horse or something like that for a while and I despised the damn thing, and swore off horses forever, but damn if those don't look awesome.

I've seen 'em before but never paid that much attention.

Given that they gave their LOTR line the ":devil HOLD OF DOOM :devil!" and the Python Grail, Civil War and Six Gun Legends lines are loooooooooooong since gone, I really don't see any other uses for a 1:6 scale horse unless they announce a Lone Ranger, Young Guns, or Tombstone license where that would even be feasible. Or potentially market them to the LOTR collectors, but I'd really hate to be Sideshow if they made a 1:6 horse for the LOTR line before finishing the Fellowship.:emperor

Hmmmm.. Name one scene in the Holy Grail where you see a horse... Cocunuts sure, horse not so much.

:lol:monkey1

The Toys McCoy horse was a recast/reissued Marx horse. Check out my Scarecrow thread in the DC section. I have pics of a really nice black horse in there I got at TRU a few years back for 10 bucks. Not sure if they're still made, though. But there's gotta be something similar.

bmsc13.jpg

Hmmmm.. Name one scene in the Holy Grail where you see a horse... Cocunuts sure, horse not so much.

:lol:monkey1

The knight that kills the historian rides the only horse in the movie. It's the only one they could afford.

I would love a 1/6th scale Arabian. The truck chase is my favorite scene in Raiders, so I'd love to recreate that. But I don't think my shelves (or wallet) could handle it.

I'd buy one if the price were right. Dragon makes WWII horses (search Horst and Blitz) that sell for about $80. The horse is articulated rather well, and I like it better than the DID version, though it's a little big for an Arabian. I think an Arabian horse would be a great addition to the Raiders 1/6 line, bit I just don't see SSC producing one or producing one at a reasonable price-point at that.

:whip

Thanks for the info, I didn't know about any of those horses. I'm not that keen on the 'real feel' skin - it looks too velvety to me. I guess what I'd like is a 1/6 version of the Hasbro 3 3/4" horse.

As for reusing it, after they'd sold through an arabian horse - and a black version from Last Crusade - they could make it available as a generic horse body in white black and brown with a generic saddle. Or there's always the Lone Ranger movie in 2012...

I really dislke the Horses with 'fur' it make them look like the animation puppet Harryhausen used for pegasus in Clash of the Titans, completely out of scale. The 'Original' (if you can call it that) Arabian Horse by Toys Mccoy re-used the Johnny West Horse mold from the 60's.

There are many variations available on ebay and repro ones with dealers out there. It is a beautiful sculpt, its only limitation being its lack of posabillity. However its made from molded styrene plastic which means one can customise and paint it to exactly how one likes!

I used a Palomino for my Indy, with a Custom saddle done by Larry at Circle Home (when they were around and in business). I sanded down the mold/joint lines and gave the whole surface a satin finish with very fine wet&dry. Then re-painted the details.

Stevo at Stevos toys also makes the nicest 1:6 metal Horse shoes (if you want to go that far!)
I may make an Arabian, but that would all depend on finding smeone with the skill to make me the saddle.

Last edited:
The knight that kills the historian rides the only horse in the movie. It's the only one they could afford.

I would love a 1/6th scale Arabian. The truck chase is my favorite scene in Raiders, so I'd love to recreate that. But I don't think my shelves (or wallet) could handle it.

Good call!:lol

You guys are crazy if you think those rat-headed furry creatures look anything like a horse!! Uncover the head and you'll find an "alien-looking creature"...LOL Marx made the best, although they could have been made in more action poses (besides Flame and Comanche). There's some conflict about their SIZE, but Sideshow tends to make figures LARGER than 1:6 scale, and they make the Marx horses look smaller. The REAL horses of the Old West were quite small, usually 14-15 hands high. Not HUGE Draft horse crosses... Dragon horse "Blitz" and his cheaper costing counterpart are WAY too big, unless you have figures exceeding 12" in height.

I'd be up for a 1/6th horse...and I know alot of 1/6th military collectors have been crying out for a good horse for some time, so there would be plenty of interest. The DID horses are awful. It's not just the horrible overscale fur but the fact that they don't actually look like a horse; the legs are too short, the body too fat, the nose is too thin and long- it looks like an anteater not a horse. Luis Aguilar makes some of the best resin horses I've ever seen, but they aren't cheap. https://www.flickr.com/photos/nohuanda/page6/

Back