Spiderman 3 villians confermed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its all good, I have all the faith in the world in Sam Raimi, people balked at the casting in the first and look now....

Doesn't the Venom suit/goo take over the person it is on,
and make them super-strong/big/evil/gooey? If so, it wouldn't
matter really who is unfortunate enough to put on the suit,
as I'd imagine they'll CGI the character of Venom due to the size.

venom_big.jpg

Just guessing though......... :confused:

Either way - I can't wait to see it on screen! :banana

JS

Last edited:
Church is perfect for Sandman, but I hope they're just putting forth mis-information about Venom. He's not exactly an old school villain and Raimi reportedly hates the character.

Well...Venom has become the most recognizable and popular villain in the Spidey Universe. In my opinon (as a non-hardcore fan) he IS Spidey's Nemesis. That may not be true, but I know that I am not alone in thinking it.

As for Sandman, I know nothing of him. I had heard this rumored, but was under the impression that Chameleon was the actual villain. Knowing nothing about the character, I don't know how cool (or buyable) a character will be that can turn to sand..... but again, I don't know anything about him. THC will surely be great though. And I think Topher Grace is PERFECT. Like JS said, the suit makes the man.... and he is so similar to Tobey Maguire, in that he isn't huge, he's kinda on the nerdy side... that it just fits!

If Toby can get buffed up so can Topher.... But I know Raimi and McGuire both love the sandman as the villian. but church in my opinion would make an excellent Electro...

Doesn't the Venom suit/goo take over the person it is on,

No offense JS, being the big Venom and Carange fan I must correct that and state the black suit is called the symbiote. :peace As much as I want him in the movie, I would prefer it be more accurate with the comic. Being that it was on Spiderman first before it tried to take over him completely and then later to find Eddie Brock (who becomes Venom). But hey there is so much you can squeeze into a movie, so Venom I hope it is afterall. :rock

I'm VERY offended! Just kidding. ;)

Please clue me in to the Venom/Carnage thing, as I'm not a comic reader.

I thought it was a gooey stuff that took over the person who touched it,
and that turned them into Venom. Enlighten me further o' comic guru!

JS :D

I think the Ultimate Spider-man avoided the whole "to the moon for a secret war" thingie but must making Venom goo that takes over someone.

And I can see a re-invention of Venom as kind of a dark Spidey, so Topher is perfect for the part.

And Sandman is just a big dumb guy that can turn to sand - a classic original Spidey villain from the very early days. But he could be very cool.

JS as soon as I get home from work sure thing. Although I followed the Venom/Spidey/Carnage story as a kid, I have not been a comic goro since then. Im actually going by what I remember, of which the symbiote came from another world and is very much alive. Azog here is very much the expert on comics. I have had to go to him for memory refreshments on certain characters. I cant wait for Bowen to bring out a Carnage statue.

And Sandman is just a big dumb guy that can turn to sand - a classic original Spidey villain from the very early days. But he could be very cool.

Dave, you have a good point, heck I thought Doc Octopus was a lame character but Raimi did a great job with that! Im sure Sandman wont dissapoint us.

Last edited:
Venom would be cool, but I feel that they would be hard pressed to fit 2 villains, with Venom being one of them, into one movie. Granted Sandman has turned into a 2-bit villain and they could play him like that, but they did not hire THC just to make a cameo. I feel that the Venom story would be started at the end of #3 and go full force into #4. You could have Sandman & Electro & the Shocker all in one film. Those types of villains would be easy & short to introduce, while a Venom or Carnage is entirely different. Whatever Raimi does, I am sure it will be good.

Okay lets see how big of comic geek I can be...

Two Venom Stories (Original and Ultimate)

Original (in a nut shell):

Peter Parker/Eddie Brock both work for the Daily Bugle. Peter a photographer and Brock a sleezy journalist who loses his job because of Spiderman. John Johnna Jameson's son, Astronaut, mission to moon unkniwlingly picks up space alien symbiote. On return to Earth, shuttle crashes, Spidey comes in to save John, Jr. at the same time the alien symbiote attaches to Spidey. Peter later finds the black goo on his suit, and it wraps him up as a black uniform, increasing his abilities quite a bit. Initially Peter likes the suit and increased abilities. The symbiote is evil makes Peter more aggressive. Peter realizes the aliens motives, using sonic blast to rid himself of it. In comes Eddie Brock walking down the street, the alien sense his dislike of Peter Parker, and makes a deal with him, thus Venom is born, and Eddie Brock knows Peter's idenity.

Carnage is the spawn of the original symbiote, the symbiote is asexual, in one of Spideman's successful defeats of Venom the symbiote gives birth to another Carnage. Kletus Kasady a mass serial killer. The new symbiote senses Kasady's inate evil and its a perfect mathc. Caranage is much more deadly and stronger the Venom, and thus turns on him. Venom and Spiderman have to team up to defeat him.

Back to Venom, who has been defeated by Spiderman and left for dead....the symbiote seperate from Brock came back, and even attached to a woman...

The key to remember is that the symbiotes really want to be back with Peter, but as the saying goes, "if i can't have it, no one will"

Ultimate Venom

High Schooler Science Genius Peter Parker, befriends a college Science Geek Eddi Brock, and begin messing with Brock's father's life's work, sometype of symbiotic organism. Which like the original, attaches to Peter. Peter then goes on a crime stopping spree and accidently hurst some people. Peter confesses everything to Eddie (who had already kinda figured it out), telling him about him being Spiderman, because they are close friends. Brock feels betrayed, but seemingly allows Peter to destroy all samples of the symbiote. The rest is self explanatory, (Keep in mind that Peter likes Gwen Stacy, and Brock has attempted to hit on, thats right Mary Jane is just a friend in the Ultimate Series, yes they dated, but only shortly, Peter now dates Kitty Pryde) and I have yet to get up to the Carange story line in the Ultimate series...

Keep in mind its been a while since I read the original Venom story line, so I may be getting some confused with the cartoon (lol)

... Well I guess that settles it.

If Venom is in the Spider-man 3 and it's using the "ultimate spider-man" story, ________.

Venom in the regular story is much more interesting. Has a family past, has an ex-wife (or just ex-girlfriend, can't remember)...

Raimi hating the Venom character would make sense if he was hating the Ultimate Spider-man one compared to the classic character. For practical purposes, the classic Venom is like a mirror of the Green Goblin in terms of core character relationship, and Raimi used the GG in Spider-man 1.

Of course this is all just based on my understanding of the new story from the bit Azog has posted plus the video on IGN about the new game, where the game creators talk about the history of Venom from the new story. :sick

This is just my opinion. I'm surprised I actually care! I haven't read any comics for years and years, and have no interest in buying any. I guess it's like how old-time Detective Comics fans might be upset with George Clooney's and Val Kilmer's Batman movies.

Thanks Azog, always saving the day. I knew the original story but I had no idea on the "ultimate" version. I do agree, the original story is awesome!

Back to Venom, who has been defeated by Spiderman and left for dead....the symbiote seperate from Brock came back, and even attached to a woman...

Yes, wasnt she known as the Black Widow? Im going on recollection here once again.

I also do recall Spidey, Venom, maybe others, made a trip to the planet of the Symbiotes. :huh:

Venom is by far the coolest character in Spiderworld!

If the director hates the concept.. what chance have the fans got at getting a decent representation? Hope venom ain't puished in as a side story.. that'd suck!

Not sure what to make of the sandman... he turns to sand.. and what?

:-/

BTW.. confermed is spelt confirmed.

:p

Awesome to hear Venom is in it!

As for Carnage. I believe both Kletus Kasady and Brock were in jail when Carnage was formed. Right Azog?

It's been a while. I loved Spidey's black suit as well and hope they use it in the new movie, before Venom is created.

Did they re-imagine Venom in the original continuity? I thought Spidey got the black suit when everyone was transported to the moon by the white leisure suit wearing all-powerful alien the Beyonder for the '80s super bash "Secret Wars." It was an alien who attached to Spidey there and came back to earth with him. Of course it's been many years since then, I'm probably confused.

I believe both Kletus Kasady and Brock were in jail when Carnage was formed. Right Azog?
I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by replying to this...
Carnage was formed when Brock regained the symbiote, and then broke out as Venom, leaving a symbiote "spawnling"? behind. At least in the original story! Also, it was just before Kasady was going to kill Brock (because he likes to kill people).

Background
Cletus Kasady was serving 11 consecutive life terms in prison, in which he was Eddie Brock's (AKA Venom) cellmate. When the alien symbiote came to break Eddie out of jail, it left behind "child" that bonded with Kasady creating Carnage. Kasady then broke out of jail in attempt to spread his message of chaos. His thought being, if you have the guts, you can do anything. Up to, and including murder.
from spiderfan.org

Back