Question about Hasbro FX Lightsabers

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NobleWarrior

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hey there can any one help me with a query? Was wondering about the FX lightsabers Hasbro will be releasing. Would any one know when they will be released in the UK and how much for? Im wanting to get myself an Anakin Ep III saber but cant find an MR one any where.... or at least any that are cheap. Is Ebay the my best option?

Kindest Regard,

Noble

Hey there can any one help me with a query? Was wondering about the FX lightsabers Hasbro will be releasing. Would any one know when they will be released in the UK and how much for? Im wanting to get myself an Anakin Ep III saber but cant find an MR one any where.... or at least any that are cheap. Is Ebay the my best option?

Kindest Regard,

Noble

They're all going for about $100 USD. Even the new ones:
https://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=master+replicas+anakin&_sacat=See-All-Categories

how are these different to the MR ones?
And what characters are there?

I'm hoping there's a Dooku one coming up then, no real reason to carry on making all the ones already done by MR.

Hasbro are making a Vader Ep IV and Luke Ep IV so far...we have both of those already...

They're also doing a Yoda, Obi Wan Ep III and Maul...we also have all of those :mad::mad::mad:

not really. MR lost their SW license so the only thing Hasbro is doing is buying the rights from MR. only differences should be the boxes...hopefully we'll see a palpatine and dooku

I think it's a bit more complex than that. If MR lost the license, likely they aren't getting them made at the same place as Master Replicas was (why wouldn't Hasbro have made them in the first place then?). And knowing Hasbro's history of shaving production costs and religious practice of quantity over quality, I really doubt it.

They had a thing were you can customize your own, right? :confused:

Yep. Before the license ran out, they produced the Force FX Lightsaber Construction Kit:

forcefx_diy.jpg

Pic from OhGizmo.com who apparently ripped it off from Simplytoys.com

Last edited:
Do you have a "GAMESTATION" shop locally ? Some MR Sabres have been popping up there recently .( And a bargain at £49.99 !)

Overall though, highly disappointing. The final product of any one of the constructed saber though, was more Hasbro-ish than really resembling any of the other high quality MR Force FX sabers.

can you make a double blade darth maul lightsaber with the hasbro version ?
i really wanted the master replicas version but its kinda pricey on ebay

can you make a double blade darth maul lightsaber with the hasbro version ?
i really wanted the master replicas version but its kinda pricey on ebay

Aren't they the same price?! :huh Besides, you'd need to buy two if they're the same as the MRs anyway as you only get one saber and the metal conjoining piece, so what's the price difference?!

Do you have a "GAMESTATION" shop locally ? Some MR Sabres have been popping up there recently .( And a bargain at £49.99 !)
Cool, which ones do they have? the one near me had some, as does Forbidden Planet, though play.com have the luke vader and Yoda for £37 each.
I am keen to get the maul one when it comes out, as you pay close to £200 for the double one nowadays.

Aren't they the same price?! :huh Besides, you'd need to buy two if they're the same as the MRs anyway as you only get one saber and the metal conjoining piece, so what's the price difference?!

there kinda the same price
master replicas saber $175 + shipping (used)
vs
2 hasbro saber ($ 100 each)

guess im just picky about used collectibles
one day about 2 years ago a saw the mr double saber at $120 at spencers , i still regret not getting it

Back