For Your Consideration: The Dark Knight

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Heath does NOT win the Oscar for the 'Best Supporting Actor' category, I will be floored. Actually, now that I think of it, have the nominees even been revealed yet?

Classy adds. Hope the Academy goes for this. Nolan deserves best director, and Heath for sure deserves best supporting actor. A best picture nomination would really kick ass!

It would definitely be excellent if the Academy considers this among the 5 Best Picture nominees.:D

Love those ads. Heath deserves to be nominated for sure. Who else has even come close to him this year?

Best Supporting Actor nomination? Definitely. Win? Not sure yet.

Best Picture nomination? I'll have to wait until the end of the year before I go with that one, too. Don't think it should win, though.

I will be very sad if Heath doesn't win the Oscar...
6.gif

I am sure that this film will receive numerous nominations (as it deserves too). Heath especially deserves one, incredible performance.

Does anyone know when they announce the nominees?

Classy adds. Hope the Academy goes for this. Nolan deserves best director, and Heath for sure deserves best supporting actor. A best picture nomination would really kick ass!

I agree. Heath and Nolan deserve Oscar gold.

I am sure that this film will receive numerous nominations (as it deserves too). Heath especially deserves one, incredible performance.

Does anyone know when they announce the nominees?

I wanna say in January.

Eh, rewards mean little to me. I appreciate the film, and Heath's performance, regardless. Don't see this getting a BP nom.

Best Supporting Actor nomination? Definitely. Win? Not sure yet.

I agree 100%. I'm not sure I see the Academy awarding a posthumous Oscar (the last nom I think was in the 70s and win in the 50s? I can't remember the exact details and a quick google didn't immediately bring up the answers). But I imagine there is still a lot of respect for Ledger for his performance in Brokeback Mountain, so that would definitely help. It seems to me that a lot of Oscars in the past few years tend to be awarded for a body of work rather than a particular performance. I mean, I love Judi Dench and think she's an Oscar-worthy, awesome actress, but specifically for her performance in Shakespeare in Love? Meh.

If Heath were alive would anyone be talking about an Oscar for him OR TDK? Nope. Anything is possible but I highly doubt a comic book based movie (WITH a costumed main character) will ever win an Oscar for Best Picture.

I dunno about that - Ledger's performance, regardless of what happened off screen, was pretty incredible - he gives quite a nuanced performance and really elevates the role above "comic book villain". But I agree with you, a comic book movie will be a hard sell for anything other than the more technical Oscars (visual FX, sound, etc).

We have to look at this realistically. The Academy is not comprised of age 20-something voters. These are old fogies who aren't going to be keen on considering TDK as anything but a comic book movie. The notion that they'll recognize TDK's merits outside of the technical stuff is quite slim. I know the Academy likes big, grand, larger than life performances, but this is a stretch.

Would I be disappointed if Ledger doesn't get a nomination? Yes. Would I understand and accept the reasons why? Yes.

Back