DiD Oda Nobunaga

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creecher

Such is Life - Ned Kelly
Reaction score
70005-18.jpg

70005-1.jpg

70005-2.jpg

more here https://onlinedid.com/products/samurai-jp/oda_nobunaga/index.htm

Another fantastic release from DiD! :D
Both head sculpts look great, I even like the bloodshot eyes on the angry sculpt, makes him look demonic.
The only thing I wish to be improved would be the cords on the chinstrap, make them smaller, orange, and enough cord to tie them as in this illustration and I'll be happy:
70005-3.jpg

Thanks for posting about this Creech!

Military 1/6 retailers seem to carry these in the States. I think I got my figure (Date Masamune) from Monkey Depot.

If they follow form, their will be a limited (and more expensive) version, seen in the link as well as a more affordable "International Version".

Another fantastic release from DiD! :D
Both head sculpts look great, I even like the bloodshot eyes on the angry sculpt, makes him look demonic.
The only thing I wish to be improved would be the cords on the chinstrap, make them smaller, orange, and enough cord to tie them as in this illustration and I'll be happy:
70005-3.jpg

Thanks for posting about this Creech!
No worries screamingmetal. It helps to have advanced warning with so much stuff coming out. Hopefully it will be at least a month before they start hitting the shops. The good thing is they all seem to be easily available all the time. So you can strike whenever you feel the need.

From the images I found, this guy wore a couple of different helmets, and both of them weren't this one. Though one of them did have the same emblem in the middle, only much smaller and without the fancy brim. Like this one below.

HW2083Close-oda-nobunaga-helmet.jpg

I guess it's his battle helmet, and the one on the figure may be his dress helmet.

Last edited:
I've always been playing with the idea of buying one japanese version so I have a screen and flags etc to display with my international versions. But I'm running behind 3 samurai including this guy, so I doubt there will ever be an asian version here :p

The Japanese version is usually more than twice the cost of the International - worth it?
I can't justify it, so I just buy the international versions. I find the price is more than reasonable for the international versions, considering the detailed, done by hand, work.

Is that the main difference between the Japanese and International versions? the
screen and flags?
That is the main theme carried by the Japanese versions, but it's best to check the descriptions. I know one version came with extra weapons, bow and arrows. They usually come with a seat to sit on, which they need, because the armour is heavy, and a weapon display piece, for their swords.

There are quite a few differences between the Japanese and International versions.
Either version almost always have different head sculpts.
Japanese Version of Ii Naomasa's head sculpt:
70003-1.jpg

International Version of Ii Naomasa's head sculpt:
70003b-1.jpg

The international version also always comes with a second different head sculpt:
70003b-2.jpg

Both versions also always have different Surcoats.
Japanese Version of Ii Naomasa's Surcoat:
70003-6.jpg

International Version of Ii Naomasa's Surcoat:
70003b-7.jpg

Japanese Versions always have sword stands and Screen Backdrops and seats.
Japanese Version of Ii Naomasa sword stand:
70003-7.jpg

The international Versions don't have sword stands:
70003b-8.jpg

Japanese Version of Ii Naomasa screen backdrop:
70003-8.jpg

Here's everything that comes with the Japanese version of Ii Naomasa:
70003-13.jpg

Here's everything that comes with the International version of Ii Naomasa (except for the extra head and Surcoat):
70003b-11.jpg

Basically only the armor, base body, swords, and clothing (except the surcoats) are identical between each version.

Last edited:
Also, every Samurai is unique, some include items that other Samurai releases wouldn't.
Like the signal fan that comes with Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
Japanese version of Toyotomi Hideyoshi Signal Fan:
70004-8.jpg

International Version of Toyotomi Hideyoshi Signal fan:
70004-8.jpg

Note that the international version doesn't come with an additional Baton.
I hope that helps Yodasan! :D

Where is the best place to purchase the non-international versions? I have most of the prior pieces; however, have never seen the other available

Back