Green Goblin arrives! Pics inside!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TCM Hitchhiker

Freaked Out
Reaction score
14gg01.jpg

14gg03.jpg

14gg04.jpg

14gg07.jpg

14gg02.jpg

14gg08.jpg

I absolutely love this piece. With this and the XMen Sentinal piece, SS is about to make me start collecting the Marvel line.

... maybe its my monitor, but there seems to be one large color shift between the fabric and his gloves & boots. shouldnt they be the same color? or at least close?

Congrats on the new piece!! Gobbie as awesome!!!!

Mine oldest son goes by ours everyday and says, "Dad, I really like that one." Think it's a hint or something? LOL.

Finally someone you can take pictures gets some good shots of this guy.
He is very well done and deserves the highest respect.

occulum said:
... maybe its my monitor, but there seems to be one large color shift between the fabric and his gloves & boots. shouldnt they be the same color? or at least close?

This is something that has been brought up in the other Goblin threads. The variation is not nearly as great when viewing the piece in person. Apparently the different type of materials appear drastically different shades when photographed and the can be affected by different types of lighting as well.

I know I was concerned from seeing other's photos until I actually got mine in hand.

WOW...

Great pics

Mines on its way across the pond as we speak. Should be here this week :banana

WW :horror

oxbeard said:
I know I was concerned from seeing other's photos until I actually got mine in hand.

well thats good to hear. wish I could afford one myself. Im not sure its possible to make a better GGoblin

If you want the BEST version of the Green Goblin created so far......This is it!!! I had no thoughts about getting him until I was talking to Adam and let me tell you HE IS AWESOME!!!!!

Goblin

I just received my Goblin today, and while I think the sculpt is excellent, I am REALLY disappointed by the difference in purple color shades between the gloves/boots and the cap/tunic. The gloves/boots (leather?) are noticeably darker in shade to the cap/tunic (spandex?). For a retail $300.00 figure (although I got a great deal at $218.00 delivered), I expect MUCH better color matching, regardless of the difference in materials. Don't know if everybody's figure came out this way; from some of the comments it seems several collectors found the difference to be slight, but to me it sticks out noticeably. I'm also not that wild about the face sculpt, particularly the brown "warts". I may end up re-selling this one. :banghead

The color difference has been discussed a lot. It all depends on how your lighting is as to how different the purples are.

Goblin

Yeah, as I mentioned above, I'd read the on-going discussions over this with interest (some collector's have reported the difference as slight, others more pronounced). In fact, based on some of the initial pics shown of the production piece, I was hesitant to buy, even though Gobby is my all-time favorite Super-Villain (ever since I picked up Amazing Spider-Man #s 121 & 122 off the stands in 1973, at the age of 9!). I've tried varying the light source, and I've discovered only one option where the difference in shade is not noticeable: complete darkness!

Time to resurrect this thread.

I got this bad boy for a pretty good deal on eBay and had it arrive today. I know I've been really critical of this piece especially with the stupid Green Goblin "nameplate" but in hand its really an awesome piece to have. My only regret is not getting it sooner.

GreenGoblin001.jpg

GreenGoblin002.jpg

GreenGoblin003.jpg

GreenGoblin004.jpg

GreenGoblin005.jpg

GreenGoblin006.jpg

GreenGoblin007.jpg

GreenGoblin008.jpg

GreenGoblin009.jpg

GreenGoblin010.jpg

I think he's a great piece. I like almost all of sideshows earliest PF's. We need more, and less dio's.

Back