More INDY 5 "News" Per Ford

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IrishJedi

Super Freak
Reaction score
From TheRaider.Net via MTV News:

Ford Says: Indy 5 in "Primary Stages"
19/11/08, 1:08pm EST

While Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull divided the Indy fan base, it was a huge box office success. So, in Hollywood where they know how to make lightning strike twice, thrice and as many sequels as they can get, it looks like Indiana Jones will not be closing the door just yet. In an interview with MTV News, the Man with the Hat, himself, Harrison Ford does confirm that work is in its "primary" stages on a fifth big screen adventure for Indiana Jones.

MTV: Is a fifth "Indiana Jones" film inevitable?
Ford: "I don't know. If we come up with a good idea..."

MTV: Is the ball in George Lucas' court at this point?
Ford: "It is. That's the process. With some general input, he goes off and searches for the MacGuffin [Ed. note: That's the plot device that propels the story, i.e. the Ark] and then stumbles into a story. And at some point, we have a chance to take a look at it and give some input."

MTV: And he hasn't found the MacGuffin yet?
Ford: "No, we're still in the primary stages."

MTV: The end of the last film leaves your character in a very intriguing position. He has a wife and a kid. Can he still be that man of adventure with those commitments?
Ford: "And he's seen something. Remember those are the only witnesses to what he's seen. That's kind of interesting."

MTV: James Bond is a franchise that's figured out how to ably switch between actors. If, in 50 years, they find another man to play Indiana Jones, would that sit all right with you?
Ford: "The very simple addition of numbers would make it clear that in 50 years I will not give a sh-- at all. I will so not care."

MTV: Well what if you knew today that someone else would wear the hat one day?
Ford: "Fifty years from now, they can do anything they want."

See the full article at MTV News and learn more about the wear and tear of working on Indy 4 did to the man who's name is synonymous with box office gold and big screen excitement. Here's hoping I might get that part as an "extra" the next time the gang comes to film at Marshall College!

The very simple addition of numbers would make it clear that in 50 years I will not give a sh-- at all. I will so not care

Hahaha, that's why Harrison Ford is such a BA. He's like the hugest action star on the planet and couldn't give a poop.

I don't want to watch it anymore. Especially THAT episode with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg "raping" Ford? No way.

My two favorite directors, and my favorite actor, and that happens? Is that supposed to be funny? I guess in some sick and twisted way I don't enjoy or understand. :confused:

I will go see Indy 5 with Ford and Lebeouf in it. I really enjoyed Crystal Skull.

I don't want to watch it anymore. Especially THAT episode with George Lucas and Steven Spielberg "raping" Ford? No way.

My two favorite directors, and my favorite actor, and that happens? Is that supposed to be funny? I guess in some sick and twisted way I don't enjoy or understand. :confused:

I will go see Indy 5 with Ford and Lebeouf in it. I really enjoyed Crystal Skull.

You must be easy to entertain.

Even though I didn't much care for KOTCS I'd still go see a 5th Indy film. It is Indiana Jones after all and surely they couldn't do any worse with the story line...surely.

I'll gladly admit I'm easily entertained, so I will go see an Indy 5. And hope its better than Crystal Skull (even though it wasn't that bad to me).

I'd go see it... expectations were fairly low for KOTCS and I still enjoyed it (even with the flaws). So, I imagine a 5th installment would still be fun.

But this almost sounds like the discussion that occurred after Last Crusade... the option is there, but it might take 20 years to happen :lol

You must be easy to entertain.

As opposed to someone who finds sexual assault funny?

I'd go see it... expectations were fairly low for KOTCS and I still enjoyed it (even with the flaws). So, I imagine a 5th installment would still be fun.

But this almost sounds like the discussion that occurred after Last Crusade... the option is there, but it might take 20 years to happen :lol

With the film being box office platinum, I doubt it'll take that long. All 3 admitted that it was great and that they'd missed it. I think it's just a matter of Lucas putting the TV show ahead of Indy 5.

PassLogo.jpg

I want an Indy 5 for the merchandise alone...but I also want it for itself. I didn't think KOTCS was that great, but I still loved watching it and watching Ford.

Funnily enough the thing I liked about it least was that it was too studio bound, and the locations weren't particularly authentic looking. I know Spielberg is of an age when he wants to go home to a comfortable hotel every night, but if he could just make the effort it would be great to see Indy go somewhere that didn't look like the US.

Back