Krycek standard edition figure CANCELLED

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viking28

Super Freak
Reaction score
From Alter Ego Newsletter:
Sideshow collectibles has cancelled their upcoming X-Files Alexander Krycek 12" standard edition figure. Therefore, all orders for this items with Alter Ego Comics will be cancelled. :rip

buffalo.jpeg

Last edited:
Krycek must really be selling poorly for them to cancel the standard edition. This can't be a good sign for the future of The X-Files line. I hope I'm wrong, as I'd love to see it continue.

At least he'll be a low edition. But if they cancel the X-files line I'll cancel all my orders and be done with SS for good. If there going to commit to making figures for all these different lines and "quit" in the middle I have no need to collect there products.
I understand that LOTR wasn't "complete" but theres so many different figures, and I'm satisfied with that, But for the other lines where there's about 10 main figures if.. and already for the X-files we got 2 Mulders & Scully's. Buffy got many of the same character. Whats next "Bad Hair day Buffy", I understand the "Main" Characters are more popular but making doubles, I feel hurts the line, I'm done with Buffy for this reason I dont need 5 of the same figure, espeacially when major characters are missing.
It will be very sad if the X-files ends, a slap in the face, at least make Skinner, The Lonegunman, 4 figures, make some effort to complete a line for the collectors. It hurts to have a incomplete collection, it just isn't right. Why collect if the collection isn't complete. And if SS cannot commit to completing a line, then there more worried about making money and not being "true" to its customers.
Heres my solution if the line is going to end.
1. Make Skinner and the Lonegunmen
2. Make the edition super low maybe Hundered but release this until all 100 are sold.
3. Email customers who have bought X-files figures and give them 1st shot.
Dear valued X-files collector we are sorry to announce that the X-files line is ending so we decided to complete the line with these 4 figures you will have 1st shot at ordering them thanks.
4. Charge more for the Figures say $60 or $75.00
5. Everybodys happy, will get complaints for those who just want one to sell on ebay but 2 bad. The line is complete and SS showed Loyalty.
________
starcraft II replay

Last edited:
You can't really expect a company to "complete" a line if they are guaranteed to lose money doing it. They aren't a charity and if they aren't selling, they aren't selling.

I would encourage you to be a little patient as well. Just because they cancelled the regular figure does not mean the end of the line. Remember the current situation with Darla. It may be that they are simply decreasing the edition sizes, and decreasing variants as well in order to make it more cost effective for them to provide a wider variety of figures for the line.

I know a lot of you will think I'm simply shooting in the dark here, but it is possible. But even if not, don't be so critical before you actually know SS's intentions.

True and all but I dont think it helps the line any that the regular edition is being cancelled. BUT I am glad that we will still be getting him as a Sideshow exclusive.

It doesn't look good. Krycek was a minor character compared to other characters, and many didn't like the way the likeness came out. He wasn't in as much demand. That could be seen as a reason why he isn't selling.
However, The Cigarette Smoking Man was one that was a major character and had no likeness issues, he too is having a hard time selling. There just doesn't seem to be enough demand for X-Files figures.
I'd hate to see the line end before we get Reyes, Skinner, The Lone Gunmen, Deep throat, Flukeman and a Gray Alien. :crying

I think the photos so far show Krycek looking more like the real life version of him then Brent, Willow, Frank Black or the Kurgan. Granted, Brent and Willow, IMO were much better in hand than the pix, but Brent still looked odd and Willow only moved up to passable. Frank Black was horrid and appeared in far less X-files episodes than Krycek, who, in actuality, was a fairly integral plot piece throughout the series.

Thats Skinner.

I'm surprised of how many of you didn't know this. Brant or Chicky said this was the case over a month ago. It was in the Krycek Black Oil Edition thread in the ask Sideshow fourum. It is very said though :(

Last edited:
I've edited my post to be more clear. I was answering the question and then talking about Krycek. I've known for over a month he was only going to be a Sideshow exclusive.

I'm glad someone posted it here. I hadn't heard that they had cancelled him. I don't read "Ask Sideshow" all that often because, well...they can't really answer much of what's asked. :rolleyes:
I think its a sad cancellation as, in this case, the likeness appears pretty good and there seemed to be some accessories to substantiate the higher pricepoint of late. Surely a better deal on accessories than Caesar. Oh, well. I still say we'll see just how many of the lines continue once the Star Wars train starts rolling.

Just to be clear - Krycek isn't cancelled, just the non-exclusive, retail version. Perhaps, like the Buffy line, there is enough interest to support ultra-tiny releases like Darla or Krycek.

Darklord Dave said:
Just to be clear - Krycek isn't cancelled, just the non-exclusive, retail version.

True, which only assures that the $ goes to Sideshow as other retailers won't be giving customers the "price break" from spending $40+ on a figure.

Re

What line line has Sideshow Completed? Like I said before I think the double figures hurt the line. Come on, they did Platoon at 500 edition a figure, lets commit to the X-files like that.

But I've been on this board a long time, and I was there for the Where's Giles for BTVS, is the POTA dead, wheres Faraimir, and what about Hellboy and Van Helsing, and now the X-files.

Would it be right if Peter Jackson only made 2 LOTR movies, and not the 3rd because people didn't go to the movies? At least tell us whats going on with the lines. But I still believe they'll finish the X-files, If not I'm no longer a Sideshow (half line) collector. I won't commit to another line knowing its only going to be half done, and I imagine Highlander is next because the sales dont look to good, but dont worry will have another buffy, and jason 20.
________
medical marijuana patients

Last edited:
Holy Grail is pretty complete - although I'd have liked to see Zoot and the other Knights who say Ni. Maybe the Historian, and 2nd wedding guest on the right...

Come on Sideshow - finish something!

Back