Master Replica LE Anakin Episode III Signature series

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

larbob

I'm new to MR so a quick question...Will there be
an LE Anakin Episode III SIGNATURE edition? and
would this not be the same light saber Luke would
be given by Obi Wan in SW Episide IV and Luke
would loose in his first battle with Darth in SW Episode
V?????
Would both Mark Hamill and Hayden Christensen be
required to sign it?
Any info would be appreciated..thanks.

Larry,

There already has been a Luke signature edition signed by Hamill of this saber from EP V it was limited to 1500. It has been sold out for quite awhile. They did have a duel signed Darth Vader signed both by David Prowse and James Earl Jones. I don't think that MR would have Hamill sign the new version although it is the as you said the same saber.

Thanks that what I thought..is there any difference
in the quality of the saber the new one versus the
Luke signed one from a couple years back?

Was just thinking that since Hayden signed his
from E2 he may do that for this one as well sometime
this year or so. Any G2?

The new Episode 3 Anakin saber is technically the same saber Luke recieves from Obi-Wan, however the E3 saber is a more stylized version with more gold accents, a circuit board in place of bubble strip on activator, no screws/bolts shown on rubber hand grips, and the body is slightly thinner than a real graflex.

s there any difference
in the quality of the saber the new one versus the
Luke signed one from a couple years back?

to add to the previous post, while the anakin/luke sabers seen in episode's 3,4 and 5 are supposed to be the same, they all have small differences that make die hard collectors feel the need to buy them all.

the obi-wan saber in episode 3, while it's supposed to be the same one in episode 4, is also different.....namely, the end is longer on the episode 3 version.

i find it really funny that master replica's "as first built" version of the episode 4 saber is different than the episode 3 version.:dunno

The AFBB Obi saber MR released was idealized by their own artists, not Lucasfilm. The Ep3 Obi saber was designed by the Lucasfilm art department, and aproved by Lucas...so that in my mind makes the Ep3 the true AFBB...you'd think that Obi-wan would make alterations and improvements on his saber (and even maybe Anakin/Luke's saber) during the 17 year gap between Ep3 and Ep4...

Re: Master Replica LE Anakin Episode III

I am just going to consider the one I have on my shelf the offical lightsaber of Obi Wan from Episodes 3 & 4...The ROTS Obi Wan Kenobi Saber! BTW....thanks Mike!

From what my MR Rep told me. There are no signature sabers coming out in the future. I think the new MR Luke Exclusive may be signed, but my rep said none. As for what Signature Sabers came out already. I know there are 2 Vaders, 1 is signed by both actors and 1 is just signed by Jones.
1 Darth Maul. 1 Luke. 1 Anakin AOTC. 1 Mace. 1 Dooku.
1 Leia Blaster. 1 Thermal Detonator and I think that's it.

From what I was told the only difference between a signature saber and a non signature saber is the plaque.

Mike
:ted

The Ep3 Obi saber was designed by the Lucasfilm art department, and aproved by Lucas...so that in my mind makes the Ep3 the true AFBB...

i wonder what is the "REAL" reason obi-wan's saber was redesigned. my cinical nature leads me to believe in a conspiracy by master replicas so they could sell a unique product, instead of re-releasing already sold out limited editions. the master replicas "AFBB" saber should be the episode 3 saber.

the casual movie goer won't notice the difference, but what reason could lucasfilm have for altering obi-wan's saber?
i understand back in the late 1970's props got lost, damaged or stolen, so the stuff from episode 4 was slightly different in episode 5, but why change stuff now if not for merchandising reasons?:dunno

Well...every lightsaber seems to get redesigned for every Star Wars movie...just look at Vader's...4 different versions...Luke...3 versions.

I wouldn't blame MR for these changes...Lucas is only focused on what he wants to see done...not third party liscensees...

From what I was told the only difference between a signature saber and a non signature saber is the plaque.
I think the edition size is also lower on the SE's, plus an official pic of the actor at the signing along with the COA.

Also, like the limited Anduril, the saber are inscribed to prove they are indeed signature series (not sure if they include the edition number in the inscription though)

I heard there will be an Luke ELITE/ANH in May... what
is so special about these other than the low edition
number? Is not the stainless steel actually a little
too shiny for representing the prop?...and $500!

I wouldn't blame MR for these changes...Lucas is only focused on what he wants to see done...not third party liscensees...

you really believe this? it could almost be said star wars exists only to sell merchandise. merchandise sales have far out grossed ticket sales by a million miles.

jar jar binks is living proof that lucas was explicitly trying to create a character that would appeal to a mass audience and would in turn produce revenue in the form of merchandise sales to children.

i find it really believable that master replicas could nicely ask that the obi wan saber be slightly different just so they could justify selling a new version.

if lucas was only interested in making films, we would of never had gungans and ewoks.:google

If you fully read "The Making of Star Wars Episode 3" book that just hit stores, you would realize just how Lucas and his design teams make decisions...I assure you, MR has absolutely no input into the design decisions over at Lucasfilm...Steve himself would say the same thing...

If you fully read "The Making of Star Wars Episode 3" book that just hit stores, you would realize just how Lucas and his design teams make decisions...

oh, i know how lucas works.:) he tells his team what he wants in vague terms and then turns them loose and then later he returns with his little stamp to give it his approval. :p

i just saw one of the "making of" web features on starwars.com and they were featuring the lightsabers. his prop guys had lukes, vader's and alec guiness' sabers laid out on a table. lucas was actually asking his prop guy which sabers were which! "this is luke's saber right? and this is vader's? and this is the one alec guiness used, right?"

it's obvious lucas isn't as hands on as most think. if a dork like me were to ask him why they changed the obi-wan saber, he'd probably say, "what changes?".

I assure you, MR has absolutely no input into the design decisions over at Lucasfilm...Steve himself would say the same thing...

of course i wouldn't expect master replicas to admit they paid off lucas' prop designers to give them an obi-wan variation so they could sell a "new" saber.:yay

technically they werent changes in the saber they were just "upgrades" over the years obi-wan had to maintain and repair/upgrade his saber to keep it functional and working. as for the signature series they could get mark hamill to do another one as they have already gotten carrie fisher to do 2 signature series for the their thermal detonator and the princess leia blaster. so as far as getting actors to do more than one signing it depends on the market. i wouldnt mind getting hayden christenssen or christopher lee to do another one because i missed out on the first ones.
i do have the mace windu signature lightsaber and it is different than the LE version. it has real gold accents on it and it is stamped "SE" on it.

i find it really believable that master replicas could nicely ask that the obi wan saber be slightly different just so they could justify selling a new version.

Absurd thinking, thats like SS or any other company asking that he create as many new characters as possible so they have more statues to make...

well, seeing how there wasn't anything wrong with the original obi-wan saber, and master replicas has already released two limited edition obi-wan episode 4 sabers and would be bombarded with hate mail from the limited edition scalper dorks if they re-released an already sold out limited edition , i don't think it's all that absurd.

license owners and manufactures working together to boost sales seems like a really "absurb" concept? :bang2

it's all about the benjamins!!!:bonk

Long before MR was ever in the game, I remember Darth Vader's saber changed from ANH and ROTJ.

Back