12" LOTR from sideshow????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is always a shot. :D

I would prefer 1/6th scale statues by SS over 12" figures. I'd get a couple 12" just to have them but that's about as far as it would go. Just not into the real clothed look.

I don't know....In this day and age of the internet, very few secrets are kept. Especially if there are pictures....if they are floting around, we would have most assuredly have seen them!

It sounds like everyone over there knew about SSTC releasing LOTR. I guess we'll see the prototypes in Feb 06. Hurry up Toy-Fair!!!

If this is true, I don't know that we'd see them at ToyFair. It's a big enough announcement that they might hold it for SDCC. But if there were pics I'm sure we'd have heard about it by now.

But rumors can sometimes be just that. Frequently news sources pick up a rumor as fact and it gets repeated as such until everyone believes it.

That would be very cool! Of course now we'll have to wait until Toyfair for confirmation and then another year until we can get our greedy little hands on anything.

If it's true, This is fantastic news! Sideshow has tried going after the license before, maybe now is the right time since Toybiz is slowing down on the LOTR stuff, and I think they're bringing it to an end.
Wasn't there a Sideshow employee that said there is one major announcement after they announced they have the Star Wars line at SDCC? Maybe it's LOTR.

Would Toybiz give up the rights though like Hasbro did? That's why I would hope its statues over 12" figures.

12" LOTR from Sideshow???

Noooooooooooooo!!!!!! :horror

Not LOTR on top of Star Wars, I'd just have to buy everything!!!
Then I'd be bankrupt, we'd lose our house, my wife and kids would leave me, I'd be destitute, I'd end up living in a cardboard box, I'd turn to alcohol, (ok turn further.) then I'd have to commit suicide.

Have a heart Sideshow, think of the inevitable consequences.

DON'T DO THIS TO ME!!!

jlcmsu said:
Would Toybiz give up the rights though like Hasbro did? That's why I would hope its statues over 12" figures.

sideshow has already made numerous 12 inch LOTR statues. :rolleyes:

you want more? :confused:

screamingmetal said:
If it's true, This is fantastic news! Sideshow has tried going after the license before, maybe now is the right time since Toybiz is slowing down on the LOTR stuff, and I think they're bringing it to an end.

Well, Toybiz seems to be going strong with action figures releases at least through the most of 2006 it seems. Don't know if they will continue into 2007.

Now that is something worth starving for, working overtime for, and not worrying about new clothes as time goes on. :D I would love 1/4 figs of LOTR. :google

Last edited:
Seems Toybiz's 12" releases were as lackluster and poor selling as Hasbro SW 12". But if the guys at onesixthwarrior are excited about it, you know it's not statues.

And if it is figures - I hope it's as deep and wide a line as they intend Star Wars to be. Imagine your Last Alliance dollies lined up against your 1/6 scale Sauron! (Glad I've got mine).

Darklord Dave said:
Seems Toybiz's 12" releases were as lackluster and poor selling as Hasbro SW 12". But if the guys at onesixthwarrior are excited about it, you know it's not statues.

Which may be why I haven't seen them in stores for a long time cause someone else got the rights. I don't know anything about OSW so I'll take your word for it but I'm still not going to give up that they will be doing statues over 12" figures.

Darklord Dave said:
And if it is figures - I hope it's as deep and wide a line as they intend Star Wars to be. Imagine your Last Alliance dollies lined up against your 1/6 scale Sauron! (Glad I've got mine).

For those that collect 12" figures I hope it's what you all want. Like I said I'll get a couple but it won't be anything like what I've done with the statues.

Yes!!!!!

I hope this is true. These are my two absolute franchises, and I would love to get good accurate figures of both. That would be most exxxceellent!!! Is there anyway to absolutely confirm this before I get too excited?

Brad

jlcmsu said:
Which may be why I haven't seen them in stores for a long time cause someone else got the rights. I don't know anything about OSW so I'll take your word for it but I'm still not going to give up that they will be doing statues over 12" figures.

For those that collect 12" figures I hope it's what you all want. Like I said I'll get a couple but it won't be anything like what I've done with the statues.

if they were statues, wouldn't sideshow of just kept their deal with WETA and continued that line?

hasn't WETA started their own "statue shop" for king kong? i'd think if anyone was gonna make LOTR statues, it would be WETA.

Darklord Dave said:

yea, sideshow hasn't made any new 12 inch figures since the two towers wave in 2002. (i don't count the rotocast figures as regular 12 inch figures)

if sideshow could land LOTR to go with star wars, that will make the company successful for years to come. :joy

Back