Batman Mayor Files Suit For Caped Crusader Cash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultimate Weapon

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone catch this little bit of news over at https://www.imdb.com:

Batman Mayor Files Suit For Caped Crusader Cash

11 November 2008 5:30 PM, PST

The Mayor of a Turkish city called Batman is suing director Christopher Nolan and Warner Bros. bosses for a cut of their Caped Crusader film franchise.

Huseyin Kalkan has accused the brains behind The Dark Knight of using the city's name without permission in the bizarre new legal action.

The Mayor states, "There is only one Batman in the world. The American producers used the name of our city without informing us.. "

And Kalkan goes so far as to blame the latest Nolan film for a spate of murders and suicides in Batman.

He also claims the stigma attached to the city makes it almost impossible for local businesses to be taken seriously abroad.

----------------

Of course there's no way this is going to hold any legal repercussions, but it is proof that Americans aren't the only ones who file extremely frivolous lawsuits. :lol

If you want to know more about the city of Batman, you can check it out here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman,_Turkey

That' a dumbass lawsuit to me. Why didn't they sue Bob Kane when he created Batman? That's a cheap publicity stunt

:rotfl This guy should sue too:
batman-suparman-02a_0.jpg

Wow, an Indonesian, born in Singapore with that kind of name. I don't know guys, but I'm sure he's got a hard time growing up..... But Suparman is a common name here in Jawa (Java). Along with Sudirman, Supratman, Suratman (this one is quite funny, because Surat means paper/mail, so you can say this guy's name is Mailman :D), etc.

So they just decided to sue now? Why not sometime during the first 68 years of Batman's existence!

When I first saw this headline about the Batman mayor suing my first thought was - "well, he ought to sue for them making him wear so much eye-liner".

user2724_1169401886.jpg

Back