Act fast to preorder your Gentle Giant Bronze Yoda!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

icruise

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just got this email:
Dear Valued Collector,

Gentle Giant Ltd in collaboration with Lawrence Noble, will be releasing a scale replica of the Yoda Fountain located in front of the Lucasfilm: Letterman Digital Art Center. This solid bronze cast stands approximately 7.75 inches tall.

productDetail.png

Guaranteed pre-orders must be placed prior to December 11th, 2008. Click on this link to place your guaranteed pre-order.

Gentle Giant Ltd

And how much does this 7.5 inch statue cost? Only $1400. :lol I'm getting several to use as paperweights. Seriously, I don't see the attraction of bronze.

I'd just as soon have faux bronze for a lower price. And I bought some bronze paint at a craft store that I'm anxious to see how it looks. If I like it I'll make my own faux bronze stuff.

Love the sculpt, they have a lifesize replica at Star Tours/Disneyland; but the price is rediculous.

:sick

I just assumed bronze itself is expensive.

I don't want Gentle Giant to go out of business until I get an Indiana Jones Animaquette.

is GG seriously going out of business?? if so that sucks because they've had some really great pieces (when they get it right) and then they've had some really bad pieces.

I just assumed bronze itself is expensive.

I don't want Gentle Giant to go out of business until I get an Indiana Jones Animaquette.

Bronze is just copper and tin. It really isn't that expensive. No more than $15 per pound for sure. I saw a web page where people said that local bronze casting companies would cast a bronze piece for you if you supplied them with a wax form, for $20-$30 a pound, in 2005.

I love the pose and the sculpt, but 1 400$...that a little bit expansive, especially when the ES is unknow
However is we compare with the 4 000$ of Vader Sideshow at 50ex, that similar I tought.

So we'll can see if the price is correct depending on the ES.
If it's under 100, (50 like Vader Sideshow for ex) it will be correct, a normal "bronze" price.
but if the ES is superior at 150, no way to pay 1400$ for it.
(nobody want pay hight price now, for find it cheaper on the bay few month later because an hight ES)

Last edited:
Bronze is just copper and tin. It really isn't that expensive. No more than $15 per pound for sure. I saw a web page where people said that local bronze casting companies would cast a bronze piece for you if you supplied them with a wax form, for $20-$30 a pound, in 2005.

Jeez if they sold it at a price like that I'd probably get one. I have no clue why bronze is so expensive unless it is one of those perceived value things. Obviously I fell into that category, I imagine others do as well.

Jeez if they sold it at a price like that I'd probably get one. I have no clue why bronze is so expensive unless it is one of those perceived value things. Obviously I fell into that category, I imagine others do as well.

One thing I think is profit margin. How much does polystone cost per pound? $.20?

Considering you can get full bronze sculptures of comparable size from www.thenoblecollection.com (see their Batman, Superman, and Narnia lines) for much cheaper I would say that GG and to a degree SS are severly marking these up.

:horror

Back