HELLBOY 2 Blue Ray

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOLIDSNAKE

Super Freak
Reaction score
hellboy2BD.jpg

Just watched it for the first time and I regret missing this movie on the theater.

Part one was a cool movie but I was not too much of a fan. This new movie is just plain kick ass fun and entertaining.

Loved the new villan " Prince NUADA " Is so BAD ASS !!
Some of the best sword fight scenes since Blade 2.
Price NUADA (Luke Goss) plays such an awsome Bad guy on this movie.
You might remeber him for hes role of NOMAK on BLADE 2 where he was also an awsome Bad guy.

The only way to own this movie is on BLUE RAY !!
This is a "VISUAL MASTERPIECE" that only Blue Ray brings it to a new level of detail. I was so blow away by the market scene. So many living creatures and colors made it really hard to keep up with all that was on screen.
I will watch it a couple of times to admire all the incredible visual effects on this movie.

10/10 for me.

Now I feel like buying some HELLBOY 2 collectibles.
DAM !! this hobby is killing me.

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Mine didn't ship from Amazon yet so I'm gonna pick up a copy at Target on my way home and just give the other one to my Dad for Christmas.

Can't wait to see this again though. Easily my second favorite movie from the summer.

yeah mine just shipped yesterday from Amazon. Took longer than i was expecting.
Was about to try to cancel my order somehow then I got an email it shipped ...

Mine didn't ship from Amazon yet so I'm gonna pick up a copy at Target on my way home and just give the other one to my Dad for Christmas.

Can't wait to see this again though. Easily my second favorite movie from the summer.

Really? I thought this movie was ok at best. However, I must admit that I never picked up a comic so my interest was only ok at best.

My Blu Deluxe box set shipped yesterday from Amazon. Hopefully it'll be here by Friday...

Del Toro is my favorite director!! His style is 2nd to none and this movie is no exception. Loved it in the theater and will love it tonight on Blu ray.

Can't wait to snag this one today. It's gonna be HB2 mania in my home. This is my favorite movie of the year. Yes, DK is the best, but HB2 is my fav. I gotta love jones for creatures:D

How are the extras and dir. commentary? I'm most looking forward to these, as they were great in the 1st film.

Really? I thought this movie was ok at best. However, I must admit that I never picked up a comic so my interest was only ok at best.

The first is one of my favorite movies. I love that it's dark but still playful and funny. I also really like the 2 animated movies and own both of those (voiced by all the actors from the movies which is awesome). I've only read a handful of the comics so far buy my parents are getting me the two hardcover trades for xmas.

My question is: Is it imperative to see the first to understand the second? Must they be watched in order?

Not a necessity but the HB universe is so quirky that the tone might take some getting used to.

This was definitely the most underrated movie of the summer and my favorite of the year so far.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah , Hellboy kicks ass , I kept saying the this movie was gonna kic ass on my videos about six months before the new one came out. :rock:rock
Hellboy rocks. :rock

My question is: Is it imperative to see the first to understand the second? Must they be watched in order?

I'd say yes. I mean the first is a bad ass movie and was my favorite comic book movie until TDK. It's worth it to get to know the characters (especially HB) and his internal struggle.

i have yet to see this movie, but really liked the first one, but unfortunately the second release completely got missed, because of all the other blockbuster releases this summer.

it's a shame that this one didn't do better at the box office, but had some very stiff competition from tdk, im, hulk, etc.

I say yes. The 1st is from the perspective of a new human recruit. So the weirdness is kind of balanced out. The 2nd is just pure monster fun.:D Oh and see the directors cut.

Maybe I will just purchase both and hope for the best! I've got a great home theatre setup with hd video/audio capabilities, and I'm always looking for something to give it a workout.

Did anybody buy the set with the bust and book? I saw it in store and it did not seem very impressive so I just bought the blue ray by itself. However I would love to see some pictures of the bust and hear some opinions on it.

icruise posted pics of the bust in the All Things Hellboy thread in Gen Collectibles. It's okay....mine has issues with one of the arm pegs not fitting squarely into the hole. It's pretty small, too. The book only has a few pages (and they're all written in Spanish, GDT's first language) but it's still cool to see his artwork even if you don't speak the language. Plus there is a fold-out mini poster of Drew Struzan's ridiculously awesome HB2 poster.
Also, be aware that disk 3 in the 3-disk set is just a digital copy of the film.

Back