DC Direct 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairlesswookiee

PALPATINE CRUSADER!!!!
Reaction score
ok, i've seen the Batman, Superman, and the Wonder Woman is on the way. but does anyone know if DC plans on releasing more?? or more specific does anyone know about a 1/4 Green Lantern??? i'd like to see DC do one, but since reading some book i really enjoy the character and would like to have a 1/4 to give shelf space to.

Unfortunately I don't know what DC Direct's plans for future comic-based 1/4 busts are, but I do know that they're releasing 1/4 busts based on The Dark Knight. They're going to be making a Batman one and a Joker one.

He's talking about the Premium Format figures or what DCD calls "Museum Quality". Wonder Woman ships this month and we haven't had another announcement, so perhaps they haven't sold well.

But none of them have been completely successful. Batman is great, the sculpt on Wonder Woman is great, although some choices in the costume are questionable, especially the belt and chestplate.

But I'd say that if they do another one GL is highly likely considering his popularity as a 13".

My comic retailer told me the 1/4 scale "Museum Quality" series stops with the trinity. Originally they were considering the core silver age JLA with GL, Flash, and possibly Martian Manhunter and Hawkman. But for whatever reason, at about the time Batman was released they decided to make WW the last in the line. I assume it related to lower presales on Superman and Batman than they had hoped for, but that's just my guess. But my comic store guys pretty certain that Wonder Woman is the last of the line.

My comic retailer told me the 1/4 scale "Museum Quality" series stops with the trinity. Originally they were considering the core silver age JLA with GL, Flash, and possibly Martian Manhunter and Hawkman. But for whatever reason, at about the time Batman was released they decided to make WW the last in the line. I assume it related to lower presales on Superman and Batman than they had hoped for, but that's just my guess. But my comic store guys pretty certain that Wonder Woman is the last of the line.

ouch!!! that's bad news and i hope for the sake of getting the JLA that he's wrong. i like the Batman, but havent found him for a price that i can afford yet. the superman is kind of ridiculous looking so i wont be purchasing him.

I am very pleased with my 1/4 Batman, although I got it heavily discounted because it was broken, but thanks to a glue-gun, polycement and my gf's sewing skills he looks good as new

The Superman PF didn't look all that good. For some reason they decided to give Superman a skinny neck.

The Batman PF was pretty good, good enough for me to purchase and display.

The Wonder Woman PF looked nice, but the style they picked for the character wasn't to my taste so I skipped it.

They're too expensive to buy on a whim.

DC Direct leaves a lot to be desired on this kinda stuff, they really only deal with the trinty (Batman, Superman, Wonderwoman) for the expensive stuff :(

Really wish they would just license their characters out like Marvel does. Local comicshop has the Batman and Superman on display and tells me time and time again no one is even interested in them due to the quality/pricing.

I don't mind they usually have smaller scale busts/statues than other companies but DC direct has some crazy ideas about what sells and doesn't for statue collectors, I think the Action Figure folks have it much better with DC Direct

Last edited:
Really wish they would just license their characters out like Marvel does. Local comicshop has the Batman and Superman on display and tells me time and time again no one is even interested in them due to the quality/pricing

what are they asking for them??? i saw the batman at my LCS a good year or so ago and didnt look twice at it.

These 1:2 busts look pretty good in person. I can't wait for more 1/4 scale pfs to be announced.

IMG_4095.jpg

I love that Joker 1/2 you have, I gotta get me one of those.....superb!!:D

Am waiting for the 1:2 joker to get released, apparantly it's been pushed back to December 16. wether that's a second wave or what I've never seen one that isn't for pre-order

The 1:2 Scaled busts are a surprising hit. They are excellently done and while the 1/4 Scaled pieces do need a lot of work I still have my fingers crossed. BTW, I'd seriously crap my pants if they offered a 1/4 Hawkman.

Hate to burst his bubble, but the line will not stop with Wonder Woman. It's a very slow-moving line, but it's active.

Back