The Dark Knight--Complete Score Release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tomandshell

Blue Flame of the West/Mod
Reaction score
I didn't see this elsewhere, but forgive me if I missed it--I might pick this up next month, or at least put it on my wish list for Santa. Price is a bit steep--they're asking more for this ($58 MSRP discounted to $46.50) than for the 5 disc Indiana Jones boxed set. But I'm glad they're releasing it.

31BtGetgz3L._SS500_.jpg

'The Dark Knight: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack' returns with the ASCAP-winning composers from Batman Begins- Hans Zimmer and James Newton Howard for a powerful orchestral score. The Special Edition features the complete score on two CD's plus four bonus remix tracks; it also contains an 8x8x40 page hardbound book.

Disc: 1
1. Why So Serious?
2. I'm Not A Hero
3. Harvey Two-Face
4. Aggressive Expansion
5. Always A Catch
6. Blood On My Hands
7. A Little Push
8. Like A Dog Chasing Cars
9. I Am The Batman
10. And I Thought My Jokes Were Bad
11. Agent Of Chaos
12. Introduce A Little Anarchy
13. Watch The World Burn
14. A Dark Knight

Disc: 2
1. Bank Robbery (Prologue)
2. Buyer Beware
3. Halfway To Hong Kong
4. Decent Men In An Indecent Time
5. You're Gonna Love Me
6. Chance
7. You Complete Me
8. The Ferries
9. We Are Tonight's Entertainment
10. A Watchful Guardian
11. Why So Serious?(The Crystal Method Remix)
12. Poor Choice Of Words(Paul van Dyk Remix)
13. Gunpowder And Gasoline(Remix by Mel Wesson)
14. Rory's First Kiss(Remix by Ryeland Allison)

It's been discussed in the TDK thread, but doesn't have its own dedicated thread.

That price is absolutely ridiculous.

Its been known for awhile now I believe. Its cool tho, im looking forward to it. I already have the first disc but ill gladly buy it again. As along as the second disc is as good as the first ill be ok with paying that much (even tho I really shouldnt be ok with it lol)

I love the score, but that price is ridiculous, especially when the first disc is exactly the same, they could at least have restructured it into the running order of the film. It better have some special packaging to expect people to pay that much, especially in a recession.

After all you could get the 3 cd Blade Runner anniversary set for £15

The Indiana Jones set that comes out this week has the complete scores for all 4 films, plus a bonus disc and is STILL cheaper than this, for crying out loud.

THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS SCORE is so freaking bad ass!!! in glad we are getting the whole thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banana:banana:banana:banana

I reckon that very few people will purchase this at that price, so hopefully Amazon will cut the price by quite a bit after a couple of weeks.

Would it actually count anyways? I mean, most of the themes are already established from the first one, so it's not quite original.

In any case--I no longer pay attention to the Academy Awards, they're full of douches.

That's stupid and sucks. They won't consider a score that isn't 70% or more by 2 people or less? How about just considering a beautiful sounding score, no matter how many people it took to achieve.

Just made a pituvision about this!!!!!! This is some BULL!!!lLLLL!!!SHAT!!!!!!!!!!:monkey4

From the Academy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

II. ELIGIBILITY

A. The work must be created specifically for the eligible feature-length motion picture.

B. The work must be the result of a creative interaction between the filmmaker(s) and the composer(s) and/or songwriter(s) who have been engaged to work directly on the motion picture.

C. The work’s eligibility shall be evaluated on its effectiveness, craftsmanship, creative substance and relevance to the dramatic whole.

D. The work must be recorded for use in the motion picture prior to any other usage, including public performance or exploitation through any media whatsoever.

E. In the case of an original musical, the composer or adapter of the instrumental score may qualify for an award if his or her contribution is deemed relevant and substantial.

F. Only the principal composer(s) or songwriter(s) responsible for the conception and execution of the work as a whole shall be eligible for an award.

This expressly excludes from eligibility all of the following:

1. supervisors
2. partial contributors (e.g., any writer not responsible for the overall design of the work)
3. contributors working on speculation
4. scores diluted by the use of tracked themes or other pre-existing music
5. scores diminished in impact by the predominant use of songs
6. scores assembled from the music of more than one composer

Back