Joker Interrogation - custom figure and diorama

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alanfan

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Custom table and lamp, and the great headsculpt from Chris howes. Finally finished painting it!

Any suggestions welcome.

Joker4.jpg
Joker6.jpg

Joker5.jpg
JokerDark.jpg

Joker1.jpg
Joker2.jpg

amazing work!!!! love the joker custom sculpt too. Chris's sculpts are amazing. Is that Kuato's paintjob?

Table, table lamp and cuffs are great!!!

Agreed, that looks amazing!
Awesome paintjob, and the custom lamp and table look excellent. I also really like the photography, especially the dark shots with the table lamp lit. :rock

Oh, and welcome to the board.:chew

I painted the sculpt myself - try to custom myself as much as I can.

I've got this idea to use my wife's makeup sponges for this.. the result turned out to be satisfactory.

I've got this idea to use my wife's makeup sponges for this.. the result turned out to be satisfactory.

Your wife's going to be very unhappy next time she puts her makeup on then :lol

Looks great though, was wondering has anyone customised their joker by adding grenades to the inside of his coat ?

Awesome work! Can you take a close-up of that paint job you did on the head?

The only suggestion I would have from a diorama point of view would involve what I guess would be fairly major mods to the desk and lamp - in order to make the lamp's electrical cable seem closer to real scale you could run one of the wires out of the bottom of the lamp (rather than the side where it is now), drill a hole in the table top and then hide it by running it along the bottom of the table and down a leg. You'd end up being stuck with the lamp in the one position though, and have a hole in the table top if you ever decided to remove it so I doubt it's worth the effort, but still that would be one way of improving the scale on the power cables.

That kicks Major A$$$!!!!!!!!!
Almost looks exactly one of the movie stills that is out there.
Quick question though, Are you using the truetype body or another? For some reason it looks like a different body to me....

great photo , looks like hes in deep thought.
JokerDark.jpg

There was a trailer I saw (could be the Dominos trailer) where it was just random scenes from the movie and there was a scene where The Joker said "Does it depress you, just how alone you really are" and smacked/licked his lips. The music was Eptesicus (from the Begins OST).

When I first saw the trailer, this scene stood out, very powerful, the mood and music was fitting. And I thought he was taunting Batman.

This picture reminds me of that. Nice job :)

Thanks a lot for all the comments. And here's a bigger picture of the paint job.

Closeup.jpg

Running the wire under the table is a great idea. Didn't thought of that - I did the lamp and table separately - in case the lamp ended up to be a failure.

Oh also the Joker figure is from hottoys (hence truetype?) I only changed the head sculpt. Actually I made a slight modification to the shirt, I asked my wife help me sewed the bottom together to make it looked more "tugged in" - may be that's the different.

Back