My Gandalf review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very good review. I agree that Gandalf is the best in the series and one of Sideshow's best 1:6 figures ever. It really shows off that Sideshow can compete with Hot Toys.

This was the best part:

"C'mon Sideshow - make it a priority for 2009 to find SOME way to get at least Gimli into our hands. You're sitting on that new smaller body that cost you bucks to design, so let's find a way to put it to use with everyone's favorite Dwarf."

:lecture :lecture :lecture

Gandalf itself was worth waiting for, but $45US for shipping:confused:
But at least I have all 7. Just waiting for Sideshow to make up their minds.
Gimli, Saruman, Uruk-hai, orc, Merry, Pippin.
And maybe a Eomer.

Michael,

Just got mine but haven't opened him up yet. I'm curious, the doorway you use in your shots, what is that from? It makes a nice backdrop for him.

Very good review. I agree that Gandalf is the best in the series and one of Sideshow's best 1:6 figures ever. It really shows off that Sideshow can compete with Hot Toys.

This was the best part:

"C'mon Sideshow - make it a priority for 2009 to find SOME way to get at least Gimli into our hands. You're sitting on that new smaller body that cost you bucks to design, so let's find a way to put it to use with everyone's favorite Dwarf."

Ain't that the truth.

Michael,

Just got mine but haven't opened him up yet. I'm curious, the doorway you use in your shots, what is that from? It makes a nice backdrop for him.

This doorway came with an old Mezco figure...the Golem. Not quite Gollum, but ironic nonetheless.

thanks for the review, michael. :D
Pretty much the reason I am not getting him. $90 w/ buck= no deal.

Sorry for the harshness - but that's just crazy. It's a perfect figure - there is no pose that you'd want him to do that can't be accomplished. A different body would make zero difference.

Sorry for the harshness - but that's just crazy. It's a perfect figure - there is no pose that you'd want him to do that can't be accomplished. A different body would make zero difference.

I have to agree. This is a perfect figure, one of Sideshow's best ever, and you won't be complaining about the Buck once he's in hand. He's just stunning in person, even better than the pics. The clothes drape wonderfully and I've had no trouble getting him into the classic Gandalf poses. :gandalf

No problem, I can understand people like this figure, it does look very good in the pictures as well. I guess in the past couple years I have been spoiled with figures using TT and RAH301 that pretty much every figure that I have with a buck just look inferior. And with the increase in price on every collectables I get, I have to be very selective. :eek:

I am no fan of the Buck but I just received GTG and he is almost 100% perfect! I posed my GTG with my 2 Hobbits and he stands well without the stand and also holds his pose well.

The tailoring of his clothes are also very well-done and the quality of the figure and its accessories are top notch.

I wish to buy another GTG to kit-bash as GTW or some random Wizard but SS policy restrict it to 1 pc per customer. Since it is still available on 2nd chance for a couple of weeks already, I am wondering if anyone here can talk to SS to raise the limit per person to 2 pc so that those who love this figure can buy one more.

I wish to buy another GTG to kit-bash as GTW or some random Wizard but SS policy restrict it to 1 pc per customer. Since it is still available on 2nd chance for a couple of weeks already, I am wondering if anyone here can talk to SS to raise the limit per person to 2 pc so that those who love this figure can buy one more.

If you're just looking for custom fodder, why not buy from another online retailer? The regular edition is in stock at Cornerstorecomics / Amazingtoyz (and probably most others by now) and it's cheaper than buying from SSC.

Oh, and great review, as usual, Michael. :rock

In the words of the mighty Michael Crawford:

And while you're at it, there's a couple of hobbits.............:lecture

:lol:lol:lol:lol sounds like SSC shoulda charge more. $120? Wonder how many here that already have GTG are willing to pay more for him?

I could see Hot Toys charging that for him had they made him. His quality is that high. This is probably Sideshow's best 1:6 figure to date.

Back