Reason Behind Choice of Characters??? PF

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NASEDO

Super Freak
Reaction score
One question I can't seem to fathom is SS choice of characters. I recently left the 12 inch line to concentrate on the amazing PF line. I could say after Han, every figure has blown my mind in likeness and quality. Wasn't happy about another Luke but his recent discount on SS site made me pick him up.

They recently released Anakin, Asajj and the Tusken Raider whom all were great choices and unexpected. But now Slave Leia. I'm sure it will be a great piece like all the others, but why her?

Why choose Leia over the Emperor, Dooku, Storm Trooper, Mace? The list goes on and on. Is it a license thing? Money I can't believe or the Clone/Storm Troopers would be made (Army Buliding).

And then I hear Jedi Luke is coming or X-Wing Luke. Was Luke that popular, I always thought people hated him. And the second didn't sell well so it can't be a money thing.

I would just like to know what goes on behind the scenes when the choice of the next character is chosen. Is it a list from Lucas or a free for all? I just can't understand why certain characters aren't made. The Emperor is basically a head sculpt and a black sheet, so challenging can't be an option, I do understand thats why Chewy isn't made.

i asked myself the same question, and my wiener told me slave Leia is a cool choice.
i can only assume that's the same process that happens at SSC.

No one outside of SS really knows. I'm sure GL or LFL has something to do with it.

I love the new Leia but I don't get why we're getting a second version of her before so many much needed firsts of other characters.

....But now Slave Leia. I'm sure it will be a great piece like all the others, but why her?

Why choose Leia over the Emperor, Dooku, Storm Trooper, Mace? The list goes on and on. Is it a license thing? Money I can't believe or the Clone/Storm Troopers would be made (Army Buliding).

And then I hear Jedi Luke is coming or X-Wing Luke. Was Luke that popular, I always thought people hated him. And the second didn't sell well so it can't be a money thing.

Because Slave Leia sells...

People love Luke he's the hero of the saga. People didn't much like his whining in ANH but after that he became very popular, expecially when he was a Jedi.

I'd buy a Luke in a heartbeat! Especially Jedi or X-wing Luke...

Slave Leia seemed obvious to me, one of the most iconic figures in the star wars universe. Tuskin raider? asajj? makes NO sense to me. A character not even in the movies, and a random tuskin? i personally cant see even the biggest star wars fans dropping 250+ on characters like that.

Maybe they think slave leia will sell to SW geeks (sex/leia etc.)

I'm personally sick of the Slave leia outfit, And would like to see her in Bespin gowns or something. I'd also buy an ep6 Luke PF in an instant.

Slave Leia is the last choice that I would question. It's a main character in the most talked about and referenced costume that she ever wore. My only question would be why they didn't do it sooner.

I guess I'm like anyone else in wondering why they are going to release Slave Leia in the PF range instead of a Stormtrooper, Jedi Luke, Chewie etc. But have a look at the overall figure of Slave Leia, it's a very simple design and would not have taken much work to create it. Maybe this is why they chose to make this one next.
A figure like Anakin which is due out shortly seems to look like a more complex figure, which is why we've waited so long for it to become available.
When you start talking about the likes of Stormtroopers, Chewbacca etc you can just imagine the amount of work that will have to go into them.
If it takes a few years to wait for these other more complex figures to be made, then I'LL WAIT! At least I'll find comfort knowing that these figures will be amazing in quality and design.
Look at the workmanship that has gone into PF's like Indiana Jones, The Terminator, King Leonidas and the upcoming Anakin. Two years ago you would have found it difficult to find statues of this quality anywhere.
Imagine what we'll see in the next two years as Sideshow become more experienced and have the confidence on taking on the more complex figures.
I know I'll be waiting.:D

Slave Leia is the last choice that I would question. It's a main character in the most talked about and referenced costume that she ever wore. My only question would be why they didn't do it sooner.

Dave, I don't think anyone is doubting this as a choice. I mean this is one of the most iconic characters/outfits of the entire saga. But why so soon? A second Leia before the droids?

I think the whole point is not to have any reasons, that presents us a sense of 'anything is possible'. I think thats the case with the 1/6th line as well. Choices that are unpredictable simply surprises people, and thats the most fun.:lol

Slave Leia is hot...

I mean, just look at her...who wouldn't want that in their collection???

I do think a Dooku (PF or 1/6th) is long overdue...

I'll be getting this Leia but it reminds me of Citadel Pippin. I like to display my figures and This Leia doesn't fit with any other characters. Anakin is on his way, and he'll look great with Asajj or Vader. The whole group works well, even the Tusken Raider. The idea of companion pieces is great.
But re-peated characters always make me worry. A few people want another Luke, Luke/Yoda is still available, a 3rd Luke would be crazy. I would of rather seen a Leia boushh figure.
Anyway this is my favorite line so it gets me alittle pumped up.

I have to agree that this is a good choice, especially since SS already did a PF of her traditional white costume. While Ventress was a bit of a shocker, I thought she was an amazing PF who could stand alone and I picked her up. The ONLY other Starwars PF I would consider buying would be a Jedi Luke, but I don't collect the entire line like some others.

I'll be getting this Leia but it reminds me of Citadel Pippin. I like to display my figures and This Leia doesn't fit with any other characters. Anakin is on his way, and he'll look great with Asajj or Vader. The whole group works well, even the Tusken Raider. The idea of companion pieces is great.
But re-peated characters always make me worry. A few people want another Luke, Luke/Yoda is still available, a 3rd Luke would be crazy. I would of rather seen a Leia boushh figure.
Anyway this is my favorite line so it gets me alittle pumped up.

You could pose this Slave Leia with the ANH Leia (before and after bookends) or you could pose her with Boba Fett...

Dave, I don't think anyone is doubting this as a choice. I mean this is one of the most iconic characters/outfits of the entire saga. But why so soon? A second Leia before the droids?

:rotfl
Actually this version of Leia has been in the works since before the AHN Leia PF. Once you finally get a sign off from Lucasfilm you get that puppy out before they change their minds.

I think this how Sideshow chooses a lot of the characters, particularly in the 1:6 line:

darts%20game%20ps2.jpg

If you go by movie/TV show here's the line-up:

TPM:

Darth Maul

AOTC:

None

Clone Wars:

Asajj Ventress

ROTS:

General Grievous
Anakin

ANH:

Luke
Leia
Han
Obi-Wan
Vader
Tusken Raider

ESB:

Dagobah Luke/Yoda

ROTJ:

Boba Fett
Biker Scout
Slave Leia

Last edited:
I was surprised by the release of a Tusken Raider since he wasn't a "main" character, but it actually made sense. He didn't have a starring role but he is a major part of the Star Wars world/environment...I could be mistaken but I counted him in 3 of the 6 movies...thats right up there w/ any of the major players of the Star Wars universe. Just pulled the trigger on one of these on the bay!

K.

Back