galactiboy
11-04-2008, 07:41 AM
WFT?!? :monkey4

occulum
11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
jeez ... nothing is safe anymore ... :monkey1

Darthrazz
11-04-2008, 08:00 AM
I think a biopic would have been much more interesting.

King Darkness
11-04-2008, 09:24 AM
http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i286/intag1io/ws.jpg

CelticPredator
11-04-2008, 09:25 AM
The only way this could be good, is if they make it gory as hell....:D

occulum
11-04-2008, 09:29 AM
a Kill Bill-esque 3 Stooges might be fun .. :D

EVILFACE
Proof there is no God.

Darthrazz
The only way this could be good, is if they make it gory as hell....:D

It needs Zombies!

CelticPredator
11-04-2008, 09:31 AM
YES. Aliens too.

Kuzeh
11-04-2008, 02:37 PM
Lame!!!
Seriously, there's a creativity crisis in Hollywood...

Giant Chicken
11-04-2008, 02:56 PM
I was sick when I heard about this idea a few years back when the farrley bro. were going to make the movie with Warner... I was relieved when the deal fell through. Now all I can say is,

:monkey4:monkey2:google:(:banghead:mad::dump:eek:

Darthrazz
11-05-2008, 09:40 AM
All I can say I finally found a chance to use this smilie!!!!

:stooge :stooge :stooge :stooge

Shropt
11-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Why? Seriously, why?

MadCow
11-05-2008, 01:13 PM
YES. Aliens too.

Quick someone call Spielberg!!! :monkey5

Ancient Astronaut
11-05-2008, 01:24 PM
Oh God please don't. Leave the Stooges alone.

Darth Madden
11-05-2008, 01:30 PM
a Kill Bill-esque 3 Stooges might be fun .. :D

Like the one in Seinfeld. Where the stooges are accused of killing a kid and executed. :)

Batty
03-25-2009, 10:50 AM
This is incredible casting news if true. It almost seems like this news was released a week too soon.

MGM and the Farrelly brothers are closing in on their cast for “The Three Stooges.”

Studio has set Sean Penn to play Larry, and negotiations are underway with Jim Carrey to play Curly, with the actor already making plans to gain 40 pounds to approximate the physical dimensions of Jerome “Curly” Howard.

The studio is zeroing in on Benicio Del Toro to play Moe.

The film is not a biopic, but rather a comedy built around the antics of the three characters that Moe Howard, Larry Fine and Howard played in the Columbia Pictures shorts.

The quest by the Peter and Bobby Farrelly to harness the project spans more than a decade and three studios. They first tried at Columbia, again at Warner Bros., and finally at MGM, where Worldwide Motion Picture Group chairman Mary Parent championed the cause and bought the WB-owned scripts and made a deal with Stooges rights holders C3.

Production will begin in early fall for a release sometime in 2010. The Farrellys, who wrote the script, are producing with their Conundrum partner Bradley Thomas, and Charlie Wessler.

C3 Entertainment principals Earl and Robert Benjamin will be executive producers.

Project will get underway after Penn completes the Asger Leth-directed Universal/Imagine Entertainment drama “Cartel.” He hasn’t done a comedy since the 1989 laffer “We’re No Angels.”

The Farrellys have long had their eyes on Del Toro to play Moe. Del Toro, who’s coming off “Che,” showed comic chops in the Guy Ritchie-directed “Snatch.”

The surprise is the emergence of Carrey to play Curly. Howard established the character as a seminal physical comedian, from the first time he appeared in the first Stooges short in 1934 until he suffered a stroke on the set in 1946.

Darth Snoopy
03-25-2009, 10:56 AM
WTF?!? :google

Bad idea.

The Mike
03-25-2009, 11:02 AM
WFT?!? :monkey4

:lol What ^^^^ the? :lol

The most shocking thing in that release is Penn as Larry. For some reason I think he is way too self involved and takes himself way too seriously to do Stooge comedy but if it pans out it'll be interesting.

galactiboy
03-25-2009, 11:14 AM
Yoda moment maybe I had? :lol

Well I guess they are bringing in in some heavy hitters... although I really wonder if Carrey could play Curly without it seeming like Jim Carrey as Curly?

CelticPredator
03-25-2009, 01:41 PM
This is Sam Raimi's job.....:(

HdoubleD
03-25-2009, 02:39 PM
Sean Penn and Che starring in the Three Stooges? Werent those important parts of Dante's vision of hell?!?! Please dont make this..

The Mike
03-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Carrey won't be able to play Curly as Curly. It'll definitely look like Jim Carrey doing a Curly impression. I guarantee it. I really don't have that much faith in him as an actor and his bodies of work don't really show more than Jim Carrey playing Jim Carrey in the majority of them.

Deckard
03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
This is some strange news right here.

Batty
03-25-2009, 02:44 PM
Even in Man on the Moon (which is a great movie) I had a hard time seeing him just as Andy Kaufman.

The Mike
03-25-2009, 02:46 PM
Actually I didn't see him as Andy Kaufman at all. For it played like Jim Carrey doing an Andy Kaufman impression. There were some really good parts but I don't think he captured him fully and I don't expect that here. A lot of comedians can't break the molds they create, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Dane Cook, Chris Rock, the list just goes on....

Deckard
03-25-2009, 02:58 PM
Actually I didn't see him as Andy Kaufman at all. For it played like Jim Carrey doing an Andy Kaufman impression. There were some really good parts but I don't think he captured him fully and I don't expect that here. A lot of comedians can't break the molds they create, Will Farrell, Jack Black, Dane Cook, Chris Rock, the list just goes on....

Agreed, even in Truman Show, which I think many will concede is his best performance, he comes across as Jim.

Bill Murray is the only person I can think of off the top of my head not afflicted by this sort of thing. But even thats just a matter of opinion.

HdoubleD
03-25-2009, 03:03 PM

The newest member of that list is the young Michael Cera. Pretty funny kid, but Arrested Development, Superbad, Juno, Nick and Nora, and now Year one.... Havent I seen him do the same thing about 8 times?? EXACTLY the same character over and over and over.

EVILFACE
03-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Wow, this just might be worse than the GIJoe movie.

Giant Chicken
03-25-2009, 03:11 PM
The newest member of that list is the young Michael Cera. Pretty funny kid, but Arrested Development, Superbad, Juno, Nick and Nora, and now Year one.... Havent I seen him do the same thing about 8 times?? EXACTLY the same character over and over and over.

The wife and I were just talking about this the other night... love the guy.. but its all the same!

As for a 3 stooge movie, I love the stooges and this news does not excite me at all. Sean Penn is a dead ringer for Larry, but Carrey as Curly??????? it will take a lot to impress me.

EVILFACE
03-25-2009, 03:21 PM

You mean he is the next Ben Stiller?

plasmid303
03-25-2009, 04:05 PM

At least Stiller directs movies.

tomandshell
03-25-2009, 05:07 PM
Somebody needs to beat Sean Penn with his two Oscars until he agrees to drop out of this project.

The Ween
03-25-2009, 05:28 PM
I would think Jim Carrey would have to gain more than 40 pounds to play Curly. Jim's a thin guy.

Maybe Sean Penn is trying to change his image.

The Mike
03-25-2009, 06:22 PM

Yup Michael Cera plays Michael Cera. A nervous kid who is an outcast but likable. Then again its marginally better than Jonah Hill who apparently is being typecasted as Seth Rogen 2.0...then there is Seth Rogen who plays Seth Rogen but I do love Seth Rogen.

They really need actors to play against cast. James Franco was great in Pineapple Express because you never saw him doing something like that so I give Sean Penn a bit of slack because its kind same thing and I remember Spicolli same with Del Toro but I really think Carrey will destroy this thing.

Darklord Dave
03-25-2009, 06:43 PM
The casting does seem strange - but remember Penn was Spicoli in Fast Times. And I 100% disagree about Carrey - I think he's a great actor who is far above the "same every time" group such as Ferrell, Cook, Stiller, etc.

del Toro mumbles too much to be Moe though.

HdoubleD
03-25-2009, 06:56 PM

Basically. Funny, enjoyable, but very repetitive. Hes going to become known as a guy who could only play Michael Cera on screen ( that is if he isnt already), which is a shy, timid kid. Hes gotta start mixing it up.

One thing I will say about this project is that Sean Penn does have a very wide range, as evidence in Fast Times, I am Sam, Mystic River , and Milk, and he has pleasently surprised me before, but this is a risky one for all involved.

Darthrazz
03-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I have mixed feelings about this movie. I think that some things should be left alone. Will this movie take place in the 40's or in the present? I really don't see their slapstick working in a present setting.

The Ween
03-26-2009, 06:07 AM
I saw this same report on E! last night so there must be alittle bit of truth in it. I think Carrey could play Curly, but just not sure if he will look the part much without alot of help. He'll have the voice down for sure.

I wonder who would make a good Shemp if they were casting that?

Saya
03-26-2009, 10:10 AM
I think the stooges need to be left alone. this is one that shouldn't be touched. This is going to be a tremendous flop IMO. :(

CelticPredator
03-26-2009, 10:27 AM
It'll do great. Farrelly's are popular, Penn is popular, Carry is popular, and Cera is popular.....this is going to be a hit. Weather its good or not.

Ktjn
03-26-2009, 11:51 AM
It'll do great. Farrelly's are popular, Penn is popular, Carry is popular, and Cera is popular.....this is going to be a hit. Weather its good or not.

Carry is popular?... didn't his last two films flop? He dosen't look like a Curly to me.

CelticPredator
03-26-2009, 12:26 PM
Yes Man did decent. Not great, but he can draw a crowd.

The Mike
03-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Cera is popular but he is not in this film. We've got Sean Penn, Jim Carrey and Bencio Del Toro to work with.

CelticPredator
03-28-2009, 01:43 PM

He isnt in the film? Or is he? :confused: